LFG Extermination or Expansion

Tera Lynx

The Biologist
Character Biography
Link
Something strange is happening to the animals around the Forbidden City. They are... changing? normally solitary creatures are now moving in groups. Minor alterations could be seen on even supernatural animals and creatures, bears with chitin armor plates, horrifically large bugs with strange adaptations, wolves with bony plates and stinger tails.

Something is changing these creatures and assimilating them into a swarm, or central hive mind.
The villages and locals close to the ruined city are getting worried and have requested formal investigations from several adventures guilds. Some with success but little useful information, others never returning, but soon after the appearance of humanoid monstrosities with even more intelligence began popping up as well.
proxy.php

I'm gonna be straight about this... There is no new thing under the sun, everything is based off of inspiration of the things we have seen and experienced.
So I feel no shame in saying, "Think of this like the Zurg of StarCraft."
Either hunt these monsters, or join the swarm.

Cool! let's see if this can get some more interest!

The swarm spreads by infection, and evolves by eating. It is very difficult to classify them as either plant, animal, insect, reptile, or what have you.
Some of these monsters have very prominent reptilian qualities while others could have distinct insect like properties, still other may even seem plantlike or even adapted for very specific purposes!

proxy.php

Villages worried about creatures that have been corrupted by some kind of evil magic? Sounds like exactly the sort of thing that would attract a pair of mage hunters...

• Yay
Reactions: Tera Lynx
Of course!
Are you mages that hunt? or do you hunt mages?

I've not clearly defined what's going on in the villages yet, Kinda been focused on the monster side so far, but I will certainly fix that!
The rumor is that there are creatures running around altered by magic, but that's just the rumor.

Here's the link!
Everyone feel free to jump in at any time on any side!
Swarm - The Birth of a Race

Of course Jair is welcome!
And the Cinnamon Dethewright and Andrea Tolsuna duo would be an interesting dynamic!

In my next post on the thread I will have a section outlining one of the closest and more major village and what's going on with them.

Nope, your post is fine! it looks like I was typing out my post as you were churning yours out.
Basically all I was doing was setting the stage if someone decided to show up in a village.

But here's some FYI about the swarm. The villagers have taken to calling them "Weirds". They are magical creatures that can infect other creatures with their own genetic material.
This Weird genetic code combines with the genetic code of the base creatures turning them into more powerful or efficient models of the base creature, usually granting them a form of natural armor or a more deadly natural weapon.

But their biggest trump card is the ability to assimilate the genetic code of whatever they eat to obtain a positive mutation.

Basically: A Weird infects a bear, the bear falls unconscious and a natural chrysalis forms around them, they burst out of the chrysalis a few days later fully grown with mutations from the Weird genetic code such as thick boney armor plates and more deadly claws.
That Weird bear goes out and takes a bite out of a blink dog and obtains the (magical) genetic code that allows the blink dog to teleport to anywhere it can see.

I'm not sure if Hollic was intending to post with Scabbers... but I think we could probably have you go ahead and post because Scabbers isn't immediately involved and it'd be good to keep on trucking :)

• Yay
Reactions: Tera Lynx
I'm not sure who's next. If you want to interject at this point go ahead. Some activity may bring people back.

This RP is still open for new people! Anyone who wants to get involved can still do so!