Letters Dwarven Roamings

Roleplay dedicated to correspondence type roleplays such as letters.
K

Kharyck Khrord

Autumn
4th Wodensday
En Route to Vel Anir

Father,

I hope this finds you well and in good health. Give Mother and my siblings my love.

I am on the road towards Vel Anir. I've been travelling the Spine the majority of my days since I left the Hold, and everywhere I hear of the peerless marvels of engineering of that far away Human city. Alongside it I also hear rumors of a less than welcoming attitude, but if I have to deal with small minds so I can review their engineering, it is but a small price.

I have an idea for a semi mobile platform that would let a single Dwarf become a siege weapon himself. Not in the same manner that Cousin Fogni did when he accidentally launched himself from the mangonel. No, in this I envision an apparatus that we would enclose around the Dwarf. It would be armored, and the top of it would hold a large arbalest. The Dwarf within would have to be able to turn the apparatus and change the elevation to aim, and I am still figuring out the reloading mechanism, but I am hopeful that this could revolutionize Dwarven warfare.

I know you did not agree with my goal to leave the Hold and travel the world. I thank you for letting me choose my own path. You raised me to know that the iron vein chooses where the miners go, and for the moment my hearts vein leads me on this path. I do not doubt it will lead me home again, it will just take time.

Be well, Father.

Your Son,

Kharyck Khrord