Fable - Ask Do it Myself

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
Character Biography
Link
The bureaucracy and politics were too insufferable to bear. Politics that even held place amongst Dreadlords. There were reports of elf insurgencies spotted in Anirian settlements in the South near Falwood, miles away from the nearest major city and more so than Vel Anir. Dreadlords and nobles alike bickered and argued what should be done, and nothing was accomplished by these civilized discussions. By doing so more elves were recruited into these insurgencies and allowed them to grow stronger. What would happen when an army would crusade the southern cities? Obviously they’d be countered, but it would be costly in engaging a war with them.

Before this parasite could prosper more from ignorance, the Dreadlord of Virak decided to take matters into his own hands even if it were to break policies and bring an uproar of debates from his actions. He did not fear if he faced any repercussions as he saw it a service to Vel Anir and its people. Uprooting this weed before it matured and became a legitimate threat.

And if he were to be charged, he believed the princess of House Virak would have his back.

Or so he thought.

Gilava would be the first of the many towns he’d come and eradicate the elvish demographic from the general population. He came alone, but he’d invite the local garrison to aid him or he’d dirtied his hands by himself. One way or another he’d come to accomplish what he had set in mind.

“Yep! And a few buns.... do you got any meats? Like a cows leg or something?” Ash asks the towns butcher who was a rough looking elf, which was not common for elves. The man nods and puts a huge bull’s leg on the table. This town had a sort of all-in-one bucther/baker. Since the butcher’s wife was a baker for her job.

“That’ll be five silver.” The rough elf holds out his hand and Ash places the asked amount in to the gentleman’s hand, “Thank you sir.” They give each-other a nod and Ash picked up the bag of bread, tied it around his belt and then the bull’s leg went over his shoulder.

Alccarion would be happy with this little snack. He didn’t remember the last time the old girl ate anything really. The elf smiles as he walks out of the town and notices a figure, someone new! Happily he approaches the man with a happy skip in his step that he always had.

Waving his greeting the elf smiles, “You lost traveller?” He asks the person giving him a slight bow, “If need be I can point you in the right direction. Oh where are my manners? My name is Ashieron.” He offers his clean hand to the man to shake. That was what most humans did from what he could tell for some reason.

“It’s a pleasure to meet yah.” The elf gives his signature wide a pleasant grin, one that could help brighten anyone’s day. Ash was a friendly elf, he held no physical weapons, just the clothes on his back and his bags of stuff. Oh and a cows leg, can’t forget that!

Ademar had proven before that he was headstrong, stubborn, impulsive, and even downright vacuous...but never before had he crossed the bridge into being a flat out war criminal. Skirmishes with the elves were to be expected. Quashing their raids when necessary was fine. Striking against them to undermine their attempts at encroaching on Anirian territory was acceptable. Inciting war between Vel Anir and the Falwood by ruthlessly slaughtering any creature with pointed ears Ademar stumbled across? That was a step or several too far.

Concerns had been expressed to her by lower levels and trainees when the brute had initially stormed off. Evangeline was certain that he needed to be stopped before he did something drastic or stupid. Whether it would be more difficult to stop him physically or by talking him down...on that she was uncertain. Her fellow Second Level was a raw powerhouse and a capable warrior as she'd seen most recently at Vel Istra, but he was also notoriously ornery.

How unfortunate it was that by the time she'd caught up to him, some poor, unlucky tree-dweller had already found himself in the path of the encroaching rampage. By the look of things, the elf was either incredibly naive or disgustingly optimistic. Either way, he'd be naught but a bloody crater in the next few seconds if something wasn't done.

"Yes, Ademar, you do seem to be lost." Evangeline called out, closing the gap between them and placing herself between her comrade and the unsuspecting knife-ear. "Don't you think it's time we got back? I'm certain the Baroness will be wanting a report from you soon."

Diffusing the situation before it began was preferable, and attempting to boss Ademar around was foolhardy. She doubted that he'd take the suggestion so easily, but it was better to start firm and polite with him than with pleading that he'd view as weak or with orders that he'd view as a challenge.

It was a rare day when House Sirl moved a hand near the borders. So many important matters at the heart of their culture required the House's immediate and absolute attention; but when a Dreadlord from House Virak decided to galavant off on his own toward the Falwood with dubious intent, whispers made their way back to people like Innes, and the Lady of the House herself by proxy.

Whispers, after all, were the currency of House Sirl even above gold. The House Mage- he wasn't a Dreadlord, his magic was never cut out for combat and it was well known- rode on horseback, fast as the destrier could carry him.

A war without proper consultation would be disastrous, the consequences unthinkable, and the utter lack of faith it would place in the Houses to contain their wards and retainers...

"No, I think not. Not today." Innes came to a trot as he approached the rogue Ademar Acero just in time to see him confronted with an Elf. Before he could interject, the Pirian Dreadlord, Evangeline arrived and stood herself between the two. "...."

It was unexpected to see the two at odds, but not unwelcome. Anything was better than inciting an ill-advised war against Elfkind and breaking the Anirian peace before anyone ever agreed to it.

No, unlike Virak, Sirl understood the value of patience.

"Ah, Sir Acero," he greeted, "Lady Evangeline. A pleasure." He stowed the pleasantries. If a House Mage was here, they knew why. "House Sirl sends its regards."

His gaze fell icily on Ademar. Just what would he report about this man today?

Last edited:
  • Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Ademar Acero
Disgusting.

An elf was in front of him, Ademar would have murdered the cursed creature if they were alone. He wouldn’t care to murder him in front of everyone present, but he liked to be efficient when it came to killing. What was practical is to have all of the elves gathered around and massacre them, and hopefully the human citizens of this town would join with them. In these areas, prejudice towards elves and everything non-human was extreme.

Former veterans of Vel Anir would probably encourage this crusade of his. It would give him more cards in his hands.

But now there came more complications.

Evangeline
A Dreadlord he abhorred and despised. A woman who was everything Virak didn’t uphold as well as the house she swore to. Did she follow him here? She would be a prick in his side and needed to be removed. Open hostilities would happen if open combat ensued between the two, but were they chances he’d take? Probably.

But now a Lord of a house also interjected. A worse nuisance than Evangeline that is if he had come for the same reasons as Evangeline. He didn’t owe them any answers or fealty. His allegiance was with House Virak and Lady Elise, and these people were annoyances for the Baroness.

“Lord Innes,” he said plainly, not wishing to entertain any dialogue with the man. “And you, Evangeline, are not my superior, so piss off.”

As to the Elf? “Out of my way, swine,” and shoved the elf out of his way. No doubt they would follow him as Ademar walked for the local Anirian garrison in this village. This was indeed a delicate situation that would need to be taken cautiously. Combat with another Dreadlord was something he didn’t shy away as the repercussions wouldn’t be critical. But to a Lord? It wouldn’t something House Virak would like to hear.

Ash did not seem phased at being called swine, “If I remember correctly that is not how you speak to anyone regardless of how pissed you can be, particularly if you know nothing about them. Quite a fools choice if you ask me.” The elf simply walks out of the man’s way before he could shove him and gives the newcomers a bow politely saying, “My Lady, My Lord.” All with a welcoming and cheerful smile.

“Do you need assitance with this man?”He asks the two other dreadlords offering his sincere services. “No string attached just want to keep the peace really.” He tilts his head in question with a hint of knowing in his eyes.

He heard of their names, they were anti-elves. But they were not actively killing his kin as of right now. So there fore he had no quarrel with them. But that pissed off one, he felt Alccarion’s instinct stir some as she saw the anger and how unprovoked the anger was. She would raim furry down on them if it wasnt for him telling her to not do such things.

“And you, Evangeline, are not my superior, so piss off.”
Not yet...

Of course the thick-skulled brute was seemingly immune to reason. Why she had expected him to back down quietly she'd never know.

"The pleasure is mine, Master Innes." She regarded the man. It was a lie, of course. Sirl was an Anirian House not dissimilar from any of the other five, and Innes was someone she had heard was very...involved with said house. Master Innes' appearance was a welcome one nonetheless, but Ademar was an obstinate one. He wouldn't be swayed by anything less than Elise Virak herself appearing before him and commanding him to yield.

Evangeline sighed, air electric with the tension between the four individuals that had gathered. She placed her hand upon her sheathed sword, bewildered.

"If you would defy the will of Vel Anir that would make you a traitor, Ademar." Her tone was firm, but not angry. She slowly slid her blade part way from it's sheath. "You're smart enough to know what happens to those who commit treason, aren't you?"

“Do you need assitance with this man?”

Poor, naive thing. He didn't seem to understand that he was out of his depth. Were the situation not so potentially dire, Evangeline might almost find it endearing. Elves had such a long way to go if they were to catch up to Anirian society...such long lives they had, yet they still mucked about in trees.

Regardless, she had nothing against the pointy-eared fellow personally and she'd hate to see him smeared across the cobblestone road if he got caught in the impending crossfire.

"I'm afraid this is Anirian business. If you don't wish to be injured--or worse--you may wish to clear the area." She replied sidelong to the elf.

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Ademar Acero
Death it will be.

It would come prematurely, unfortunately, as Ademar had planned this out to be tidy and organized as possible against the elvish demographics of this Anirian settlement. Evangeline would deny him his glory, and she would suffer for it.

“You are free to accuse me of such things, Evangeline, but I will do a great service here. If you are against me, then...”

His claymore proudly within his hands.

“...you will die alongside the swines of the elves.”

Oh, how he longed for this; Evangeline had certainly been a thorn in his side, but now he could dispose of her. Two birds with one stone.