Dear Friends

Eren'thiel Xyrdithas

Broken Sword
Character Biography
Link
I've been putting this off for a while now...

I'm not sure how to do this really, so I'll just say it as it comes. It is with sadness that I have arrived to this point - but for now, my time writing on Chronicles is at an end. I can't pretend that I can keep up with any semblence of consistency anymore, it is just not fair to all of you. I still have plenty desire to write with each of you, and I regret I can't afford more time to do so, and finish the stories we've started together.

I've come to think very fondly of this community, and very fondly of many of you.

I wish to share a small bit of myself, as this parting - as silly as this may sound - is no small matter to me.

When I was very young, and for many years, I struggled to cope with my life. Neglect and emotional abuse had left me damaged, which was quickly detected by my peers. Children can be merciless, and I was a prime target. I was 9 years old when I played Diablo 1 for the first time, and was introduced to Battle.net - I got to actually play with other people. Bit then, in the chat rooms, I came upon a room called Town Square. What I found there were people not just yabbering on about their items or bitching about politics or bashing each other, (though there was some of that of course) but I found people roleplaying.

I'd never even dreamed of that kind of interaction. I started to write with them there, and over time learned to write with others, and learned how to make friends. Real friends. To this day there are four individuals I remember with such fondness as to almost be family, who I have long since lost contact with.

I've come a long way since then, real life isn't so... bad, anymore, heh. But, in coming to Chronicles I've once again met people like that. Real friends, some perhaps closer than others, but truth in the affinity for each, all of whom I feel so very blessed to know.

I don't want to lose touch with you...

I will of course maintain a presence on our discord server, but as no doubt some of you may have noticed already, it will likely be scarce.

Yours truly, as ever,

Jer.

...there is lore in the Sandbox, which I have put much of me into, which I leave to all of you if you wish it...

I can’t even pretend not to be utterly heartbroken to read this Jer bear. I’ve loved writing with you so much and our story is my favourite.

I Love you so much friend, I understand you need to do what’s right for you, and I won’t allow you to lose touch with me, as you’ll no doubt already know.

<3

I just want to echo the above, absolutely heartbroken to hear this. Some of my best stories have been with you and it's no exaggeration that when I see a post from you it's like Christmas.

You've helped me through one of the roughest stages of my life and the bonds forged in coffee mornings can not be undone.

Much love ❤

You've got to be one of our longest standing and most popular writers. Everyone always speaks so highly of you and you have a truly fascinating roster of characters.

It's a real shame that you have to draw a line under your roleplay, but know that we'll always be here if circumstances change and you want to get some writing done again.

All the best!

I haven’t been here as long as others but I feel like I’ve known you for years. You are a great friend and a great writer. Don’t think you will get away from my harassment just because you aren’t writing. ❤️

You were an early member of Chronicles and although we haven't had many threads together later I look fondly on the writing we have done together in times past.

I hope that this is a temporary decision and you will eventually return to writing here on the Board. You have in your time here truly proven yourself to be an amazing writer, positive influence, and overall kind person. It's people like you that make Chronicles what it is.

Many of my favorite writers on this site consistently and often speak of how amazing their threads are with you. I agree wholeheartedly. You are a fantastic writer and a great influence.

I truly hope that one day you'll be back!

Until then, best wishes.

I know I only got to write with you once, but that Valor thread remains an absolutely amazing experience. I'm really glad you were there and a part of it! For what it's worth Kiros thinks highly of Eren, even if we never got to have a moment to display that. And as an aside, I think highly of you too.

I am so glad things got better for you, you deserve it, I am sad to see you go. But you have my understanding, and my best wishes too. Your writing was amazing to read. If you do pick up the pen and write here again I know there'll be many to welcome you back, and I'll be among them.

All the best, friend

Much sadge. Aey never had a chance to write with you, but I have read your body of work here and there.

If, on some hopefully not-too distant day, you return...I will be here, waiting.

Best of luck on the voyage of life if not!

I hate to see you leave. It is going to be weird without you lurking around. Not much more I can honestly add that hasn't already been said better by others. We will be here waiting if you ever find yourself in a position to return. Till then, best of luck to you!

(Tahi-Tahee here)

I’ve truly enjoyed writing with you and loved that you could laugh, joke, and not take things too seriously in chat. It’s been a joy getting to know you. I know some of our characters were just starting and we haven’t really delved very deep in role plays but I could see it starting pretty easily and that’s saying something.

If you ever feel like dipping your toes in, we’ll be here.

Definitely understand needing to step back.

Please keep in touch and watch out for pink bathrooms!