Open Chronicles College Nights

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Varo

The Wayward
Character Biography
Link
Alliria University of Magic

Varo had never been much for school, not back home and certainly not out here in Alliria. Some members of the gang had tried to get him to go, but it never worked out. He wasn't stupid, far from it, something else just always ended up catching his attention. There were more important things in this world than books! A fact that most would agree with.

"Me?" Of course, School proved to be much more interesting when it was about magic.

The Allirian University of Magic was tucked away on a hill in the far corner of the Inner-City. Placed behind it's own section of wall and made up of a series of six buildings the campus was one of the largest compounds in the whole city. Compared to the College of Elbion it wasn't much, but the mages and sorcerers attending the school were proud of what they had.

At least so Varo had been told. "I'm studying...transmutation, with Professor DeWinter."

The half-elf claimed with a charming smile.

Back home he'd been taught some magic, or rather, he'd picked it up along the way. Unlike most of his people Varo had no innate sense of the mystic arts, though his father had managed to beat some spells into his head. He'd never found that fact embarrassing, what he lacked for in magic ability he made up for in other ways.

"Ah, then you'll be late for class!"​

The girl in front of him declared, a look of panic suddenly pulling across her face.

"Umm, will I?" Varo said with a blink, looking left and then right. The girl quickly nodded her head emphatically, grabbing his arm and practically wrenching him forward on the walkway.

"It's all the way across campus! If she catches you sneaking in she'll practically tear your head off!"​

Varo let out a sputter of protest, trying to think of an excuse as the acolyte ripped his arm to make him follow. She quickly began to rush, and Vaor began to realize he was actually being dragged to class. He wasn't here to learn! He was here to steal a freaking gem!

Rina hummed a happy tune to herself as she wandered the perimeter of the campus. So many interesting people wandering the grounds. She really wanted to see what it was like inside, but they wouldn't let her in unaccompanied. She stopped by the entrance and sighed.

If only there was a way for her to be allowed inside...

"It's all the way across campus! If she catches you sneaking in she'll practically tear your head off!"

Rina perked up at the sound of trouble. Quickly finding the source in a girl dragging some copper-haired man across campus. This is it, this could be her chance! She grinned and ran after them. Following behind Varo like she belonged there.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Darkensand and Varo
Darkensand was truly displeased by his Acquaintances Decision, he owed the Headmaster a Favor, and as it seemed, said Headmaster now decided to use this Favor for such a bothersome Request.

Well, he couldn't decline it in the End. He just wasn't someone to break his Words.

But his fellow colleagues wouldn't necessary be pleased with the sudden disturbance he would have to cause.

"I know Ms. DeWinter, you are not to happy, that I will be disturbing your lessons.

Unfortunately your Headmaster, apparently wanted to give all Students the Option to explore the uses of Runes.

And since you lack anybody with Expertise in Runes, he contacted me.
So I will have to give all Students a quick rundown of what Rune Magic is and inform them of the Option for Basic Lessons in Rune Magic.

You are not the only Lessons I will be interrupting for a while today.

Once more, I apologize, that I take precious Time away from your Lessons."

"Fine. I understand how troublesome it must have been.
The Headmaster is quite... unique after all.
If you would then please follow me to my class.
Mr. Darkensand? What a strange Name, pardon me I fo not mean to be disrespectful towards a fellow colleague, even if it is only temporary."

"Don't worry that is quite a normal Reaction, it is after all rather unique.
May I presume that is your class over there, and the Students rushing into it are yours?"

Varo
Rina the Rose

Generally speaking Varo wasn't ever going to be enthused about attending any sort of class, particularly those where he had little chance in understanding what was actually being talked about.

His head was already swimming as the girl began to spout off about some sort of concept about transmutation and what could be good about it. His head shook, and a frown touched his lips briefly as he finally finaggled his arm free from her grasp. "You know."

He stated quickly, spying a few figures standing nearby a doorway.

"I actually have to go to the bathroom." The girl frowned at him. "Look, you can tell the Professor it was an emergency. Better I be late than go all over the classroom floor, right?"

"Ew."

The girl said with a frown.

Varo only shrugged. "Anyway...uhh...see you in class."

The Half-Elf said as he suddenly booked it to the left and headed directly towards what he presumed was the nearest restroom. There was no way he was going to get stuck in a lecture, not when he had some stealing to do.

Rina tagged along for the boy's whole walk through the halls, cooing at all the various sights they passed. College was so much more interesting up close! No one paid her any heed, probably thinking she's one of the students.

"You know."

Rina stopped and listened with rapt attention as the boy spun an excuse to get away from the pushy girl. Clearly a lie, he seemed way too eager to getaway. When he ran off the left she darted straight after him. She matched his pace so that she was running alongside him. She folded her hands behind her and leaned forward so she could see his face "Oooh, are you doing something bad?" How exciting! She knew coming to college was the right decision.

"I think the professor saw you though. You're going to get in trouble," she sang. More than happy to bear witness to whatever was going to happen next.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Darkensand
Rina the Rose Varo Darkensand

Nycto strode down the hallways, looking for one of the classes. He was only here temporarily, seeking help from the professors for his... "condition". They didn't really know what to do with him, so they had him attend some classes, maybe he could figure something out for himself.

Nycto sighed. He had already gotten a lot of strange looks the way he looked. With his long, dark clothing covering every inch of his body, his strange, white mask on his face, and his silver hair, he definitely was a strange sight within the halls. He felt like he didn't belong here, within these walls of education, of normalcy.

Of course, Nycto probably didn't fit in anywhere.

Eventually, he found the classroom, but then suddenly, two people, a male and a female, ran past him, zooming down the hallway. One of them, the boy, had the trace. Nycto could practically smell it on him. It was second nature for Nycto to figure out when someone had the trace, and this boy was practically radiating it. This boy had a secret.

He was up to something nefarious. And the girl seemed... intent on following him do whatever he did.

After a moment of consideration, Nycto looked around, and found a good shadow. He stepped into it, fusing into the shadow.

And with that, he would follow the duo. He would watch, and wait. Whatever they were up too, it couldn't be good. So, Nycto would follow them, unseen, fused into the shadows.

May Eleth save them all.

"I suppose you will have to take care of these unruly students for the time being. If you would excuse me Ms. DeWinter, I will prepare a few simple Rune Layouts in your Class while you resolve this issue."

Darkensand started marching towards the afformentioned classroom, during his walk, he did paus efor a moment and whispered:
"I do not know why you are here, but who knows, I may be able to help you, Shadowkin.

I expect to see you shortly in class, how you appear, I could not care less for."

Small, Lackluster...

One could see at a glance, it may have been a College but definitely one with a smaller financial Budget, at least the minimum requirements were fulfilled.

Yet it was quite obvious that most of the equipment and the room itself had seen better days. Regardless, it was sufficient to teach, just a bit lacking in the research part.

Now he would have to draw a few Basic Runes, and use them as examples of the simple Rules that followed Rune Magic and how exactly it worked from a more theoretical Standpoint.

A simple one to increase the Durability of the table, 2 swords, one with a insufficiently powered Rune and a Rune of his "own" Creation, one that simply ignites something, a piece of Paper would be sufficient.

Now he did not have much time, before he had to hold his "Brief Introduction to Rune Magic", so he had to quickly start with his work.

Nycto
Rina the Rose
Varo

"Bad? Me?" Varo chuckled. "No no, I'm going to the bathroom."

The half-elf jerked a thumb over towards one of the two doors that stood at the end of the hallway. There was a fancy scribble over both doors. He smiled and then took a step back away from the girl who was practically accosting him.

There was an innocence to his eyes as he smiled and continued on. "You should probably get back to class."

He gestured, stopping in his tracks as he suddenly saw a skeleton in the classroom. His face went blank for a moment, head shaking as he decided he definitely wasn't going to go into that classroom.

This place is fucking weird. Varo thought to himself, then glanced at the girl who was still besides him.

"So uhh..." He took a step back. "Bye."

• Yay
Reactions: Nycto
"Mm-hmm, of course," Rina said with a nod. A knowing look on her face as Varo tried to play it off. He was totally going to do something bad. And she was going to be there to see it all go wrong. He did a good job feigning that innocent look though. If she weren't so well-versed in liars and lying she'd have been fooled.

She followed his glance back down the hallway. Oh, an undead teacher, that's interesting. She hummed. "Back to class? Mm, can't do that." He seemed surprised by the litch, so she wondered how he'd handle this. She stepped forward when he stepped back and whispered. "Honestly I'm not supposed to be here either. Magic Colleges usually don't let fae into class unless they're someone's familiar."

Varo Darkensand Nycto

• Yay
Reactions: Nycto
Darkensand Varo Rina the Rose

"I do not know why you are here, but who knows, I may be able to help you, Shadowkin.

I expect to see you shortly in class, how you appear, I could not care less for."

Nycto froze while hidden in the shadows. How did... How did he know? How did he know what Nycto was? How did he know Nycto was there? And Nycto could feel something coming from the person. Something powerful, an old and ancient magic seemed to hang around him. An aura of dread seemed to follow the man. And Nycto could feel the power radiating from him.

Nycto stepped out of the shadows next to the undead figure, observing him. Then, Nycto whispered quietly to the undead man, "I sense him. His power is surrounding someone here. Eleth's presence is here. He is guiding someone. It is uncommon for his presence to be in a place of knowledge such as this. Some people are up to something, they are holding secrets, they have malicious intent. I suspect those two." Nycto told the Lich quietly, pointing down the hall towards the boy and girl. "Let me follow them, and figure out what they're up too. Then I will come to the class." Nycto said.

So that was his Limit...
The young Shadowkin seemed to be unaware of the expected Capabilities of a Lich, then again intelligent Undead were quite uncommon.

At first, Darkensand wanted to refuse the Offer, after all, he was fully aware which Secret the two held, they obviously weren't Student, yet it did not really matter to him, why they were here.

He had only one Task and that was teaching Rune Magic, not protecting the College from fiendish Behaviour.

Ultimately his Intrigue still became the better of him.

While he still had no real Interest in their Reasons for concealing their true Forms fully or partially, he certainly was intrigued by the Shadowkin.

Said Shadowkin seemed adamant at paying back Favors, and considering that Darkensand followed a similar Mentality, he had come to terms with having to accept the Offer.

And who knows, maybe the two Fiends had secrets that were unique.

"Fine. I would advise you to be cautious though, they are not necessary fully what they seem to be."

After this brief Interruption, Darkensand had to carry on with his Preparations.

Nycto
Varo
Rina the Rose