Private Tales Catching up.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Aedan Miles

King of Chains
Character Biography
Link
Aedan stood on the deck of the ship he had recently acquired his mismatched eyes looking over the ocean as they were anchored just off the coast of an island. They were resupplying some vital necessities on this island before setting sail again. They were also searching for a place to create their own home a town that would be harbor for pirates were they would be required to follow very basic rules while in town. Simply put Aedan viewed it as time the Pirates gathered and banned together under a banner creating for themselves their own nation. He hoped to achieve this alongside the two woman who held his heart they had recently joined him when he acquired this ship and its crew. He had missed them very much but it was refreshing for him to have them here with him once more.

Tisikleos Miles

The time was worse than the distance. Aedan always went off, it was his way. A way Tisikleos accepted as she accepted the warm breeze on her face. The salt of the sea peppered her nostrils. She held a chubby svelte haired toddler to her hip, giving the boy a kiss before passing him off to the aging Anatha. Anatha was the only person Tisikleos had from her past life, her one link sent away when they got too close for her father’s comfort.

Tisikleos shouted orders to the hands. Resupplies, watch the rigging… the sea and Aedan were her home. But having a town of their own, a place for their son to have his own safety. That wouldn’t be remiss. Dressed in her black leathers, Tisikleos couldn’t help the grin on her face as she came to Aedan’s side and leaned against the side rail.

“She’s a fine ship, love. Was the acquiring uneventful, I wonder?”

Aedan Miles

He chuckles as he looks at her turning to lean against the railing as he looked at the crew in the rigging making sure that none of the rope needed replacing as he shock his head. "Fairly so the last captain of the ship was hated by his crew so most of them were more than happy to stick around after he was removed they don't really have a home."

He smiled as he looked at her winking as he lifted a hand the chains that hung from his own outfit seeming to rattle against each other before shifting and flowing almost like a metal snake. "He wasn't much of a challenge for me though love." He moved to wrap an arm around her waist holding her close as he returned to looking out over the sea.

Tisikleos Miles

“Then they’re welcome. They’ll all have a home with us, each mouth is a blessing.” That was her Aedan, adopting the lot of the lost ones, or any really who had less family than a speck on a dream. Tisikleos did mental arithmetic counting current supplies, stores, counting the new mouths. She’d find the time to slip away and tell the cooks it was time to make stew. Stews stretched.

Maybe Finn or Jauno would trawl for shrimp. These waters were as luscious as Tisi & Nyx’s thighs, it was a perfect harbour to bed down against the harrowed spears of the world.

“While you were off, I took the liberty of scouting the island. There are a few basalt plains, which hem land useful for farming. They’d do well enough if… well, if this is the island?” Cerulean eyes sparkled. Her grin grew wider as the chains, those blessed chains rattle and roiled. Tisikleos set her head on his shoulder, an arm along his back.

“I have no doubt you gave him a proper account of it. Only wish there’d been an actual fight, eh? Enough of these wingeing prattling seagulls thinking they’re albatross.”

Aedan Miles

He smiles as he listens to her his arm around her waist protective as he nods his head thinking quickly to himself as he turned her with him moving to the far side of the ship looking out over the beach of the bay thoughtfully before he nodded and kissed the top of her head. "I have decided this is where we will make our haven Tisi. Not sure what we will call it once we allow it to spread to the other denizens of this area. But for now we need to find stone masons and architects those who know how and can make houses for our people."

He guided her with him as he made his way to the helm of the ship standing before the wheel as he looked out over the deck of the ship that served as home for roughly 80 souls. As they noticed him standing there they started to gather before him watching expectantly waiting to hear what their captain would have to say. "Gentlemen and ladies I have decided that I wish to build a haven for our kind here. We will start in this bay on this island and make for ourselves a nation where the laws are fitting and we are proud to call ourselves members of it. First things first you all need to know I will not force you to remain here I know most of you have families waiting for you and I just want you to be aware they are welcome here. Secondly we need to find and procure the services of Stonemasons and Architects who can build for us a town and even more importantly than that a stronghold. We may not want war but war always finds its way in this word as such we will be ready. For now talk amongst yourselves and decide just because you don't choose to live here today does not mean you will never be allowed to visit or return if you change your minds."

Tisikleos Miles

“I know of some architects and masons back in Elbion, Anatha may know how to get hold of them without endangering Tuuli or I. I could pop off and procure a few of them… if we’re quick I do think we can get back without being seen.” Tisikleos’ brow furrowed. She’d yet been back to Elbion since running off with the sell-scythe those years prior. Surely years later she would not be recognized for the lost girl she was. Surely… they’d docked in Elbion in the intervening time, but never had Tisi’s feet touched her native soil.

“I shall strive to make it the best haven we can design, my love. Plenty of us, if even half their families come. There are copses of timbre on the eastern shore. We could cut some for shelters, keep others protected in case of masts or ship repairs.” Tisi snuggled up to Aedan as he kissed her hair. Her lips found his collarbone and kissed the tanned skin. Where he walked, she followed. He was her chosen king, and she his queen. As Nyx too was his queen. Standing in front of the crew, she stood as tall as her rather diminutive height allowed, and held her arm round his waist.

“All families will be welcome. This is a kingdom in which our children can grow proud and strong, regardless of our pasts or the opportunities. Any who require passage will be granted it. All who have need of a hearth shall have it. And those who wish passage away, may the god of the storms be docile, and the goddess of the sea be kind. For those who volunteer for duty on the island the next day and so, I have a certain quantity of fine mead from the Storm Isles to wet your palates. Do I have any volunteers for hunting, and various chores?”

Aedan Miles