Roleplay OOC Can I interest you in a nice zombie flower?

Character Biography
Link
New to the site with my brand new first character, Gulliver Ingold! I would love to get some plots and some relationships set up for him, past or future.

Gulliver is human (though many people doubt this, and he doesn't argue it much), as his mother was human, but he is half-fae. His schtick is that is he a rather well-to-do florist in high demand who is generally in pretty good standing with the people who know him. Friendly, slightly awkward, compassionate, yada yada. His "secret" is that he's actually a necromancer and animancer and employs some rather questionable practices behind the scene to produce his unnaturally beautiful flowers as well as sustain his own long lifespan.

His main florist shop, Pushing Daisies, is in Alliria, but he travels so he can meet up with anyone just about anywhere.

I am open to old friends and acquaintances, potential new friends and acquaintances, business prospects, people he can help out, people who just want some damned flowers, past lovers (he is pan), people looking to pull him into trouble/politics/the world's problems/their problems.

Ideas/Points of Interest
  • Gulliver has been around for quite a while. Very few people know how he actually cultivates his own longevity and most assume he isn't actually human. He is therefor capable of having known people for centuries.
  • Gulliver is known for being friendly and helpful and has some knack for a manner of healing, which he does get called on to do now and then.
  • Because he travels, location is more than likely not an issue.
  • People might want to buy flowers for: A gift to someone special, a gift to themselves because we should all be special to ourselves, a festival, a holiday, a memorial service, home decor, they wanna talk to that cutie, pure whimsy.
  • Because of his less bright and pure practices, Gulliver is capable of having some shady contacts so don't hold back just because he seems too "upstanding". He needs suppliers and info sometimes.
  • Gulliver is friendly and patient and potentially a good match for characters that struggle due to shyness, trust issues, being terrible people trying to avoid making friends, being a little rough around the edges, being kind of obnoxious, etc.
  • Old friends and acquaintances! Gulliver likely doesn't have many who he is particularly close to or who are particularly knowledgeable about him, but he's a bit of different person beneath all those layers of amiable helpfulness. Think more shrewd and sardonic. It can be fun having someone know who you really are.
  • Last, but not least, Gulliver has tried very hard over the centuries to keep to himself and keep out of politics and to have nothing to do with the Fae Courts and the world's troubles. I think it would be fantastic if someone/someones just messed that up for him and dragged him into a cause or some trouble he wants nothing to do with.
I am, of course, always open to other ideas and helping people out with moving their own plots and character development along. :)