Open Chronicles Camel's Back

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Character Biography
Link
This was entirely unconventional.

A small proxy war between houses, minor houses that was. Nothing alike to a war between the major houses of Vel Anir, something that would send the entire nation in chaos as things were already tense with Houses undermining each other through other methods that didn't exactly spill blood. House Virak had found an interesting tactic that wouldn't earn the attention of the other houses.

Utilizing minor houses under their banner and expand out against independent minor houses, liquidate opposition and acquire their assets. So long as it didn't cause too much of a commotion, it should be a successful venture for House Virak.

Or so they hoped.

House Caulter, a minor house from the grand umbrella under House Virak, had marched out and established themselves outside of realm that belonged to House Armman. An ideal location for shipbuilding and the hunt of marine wildlife. It also provided strategic value to the islands off the coast of Vel Anir. Ademar was entrusted to lead the task force which was a coalition of Armman and Virak soldiers, along with five selected Dreadlords from House Virak. Enough force to instill fear into House Armman and their subjects, hopefully they would act upon that fear and surrender before any bloodshed; although Ademar was anticipating for another answer.

"Prepare an envoy to send word to House Armman," he directed to an officer as he mused at his table inside his tent. "If they wish for peace, they will send me their oldest son as part of the terms of their surrender."

"Otherwise, we attack at dusk."

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Gweyir Faesatra
'attack at dusk' was all i heard as i popped my head into the tent. two legs are so interesting... i was hopeing this was a place for a good nap but with all the comotion here i should have guessed this tent wouldnt be anymore quiet.

i look up at the man at the table and say to him.

"hey mate any were, i might find a spot to take a wee nap before this attack at dusk,i imagine it will be a great doosey eh? be a shame not to get a wee nick just before ya fallas tear ya skins inside out"

i lick my paw asi i send these words
they should have reached him, i can speak with my mind so i do hope he heard me, there is nothing worse than someone so dense my words do not reach there minds

• Yay
House Armen.

Gweyir had never been here, yet she estimated it'd be the same as any stately home. Big kitchen and big appetites. She'd likely enter, have to convince them that her pet bear deserved to be inside, then finally get to the kitchen. So there she stood, donned in simple hide clothing, her good eye staring at the house. Her left hand patted her satchel as she took a breath. She smelled like a bear, something the rich turned their noses up at but they did not live like her. She deeply believed they'd die far before they learned to survive in a cave. Her hand left her satchel and found its way to Bear's thick fur.

Her boots clicked on the path as she made way to knock on the door as she learned most people appreciated. Apparently you weren't supposed to just enter houses, despite them expecting you. A silly practice in Gweyir's opinion.

The heavy brass knocker fit into her slender fingers quite well as she picked it up and dropped it, between her force and gravity at play the knocker hit the door with a tremendous thunk. It wasn't her intention but regardless it was done now, plus how could they ignore such a noise?

A professional man in a bit of a tizzy opened the door. He seemed quite frizzled, Gweyir did not know why nor did she ask. He smiled at her and invited her in, he did not tell her Bear couldn't enter so the big brown bear lumbered up the steps behind her, squishing into the door frame. Gweyir observed her surroundings, so many material things. Why did they buy such furniture for no one would sit upon them? Why did the commision grand glass detailing when all they did was dust it? Her face remained stoic despite her judgements. Her head turned to Bear and his to her, the duo was thinking the same thing. She flashed him a wink before turning to the professional man who let them in. "Kitchen?" she said in a dry tone, Gweyir was not known for her conversation after all, she was here to cook.

Ademar Acero
blain the cat

• Yay
Reactions: Gil'Tyrnin Solcrest
Gil'tyrnin sat one an empty sofa that was quiet ornate, the fabric was in the pattern of red and gold paisley, ther wood was gilded in gold leaf. He was a tall man, even sitting it was obvious he was not of average height. He wore a black cloak, his armor was black, even the sheath of the massive sword that leaned against shoulder was clad in black leather. The only thing that seemed to break up the rather dull combo of black on black on black, was his fair skin, white hair and blue eyes.

The sword looked almost as if it were for show, it had to be atleast six foot long from tip to the end of its tang and the width of it was atleast a foot wide. Had it been made of the metals of man, it would have been completely unusable, how ever the alloy was of Elven design, passed down in his family for generations. The technique of the metallurgy had been lost to time. For its size it was relatively light. Leaning against the sofa was another shorter sword, after all such a massive sword was of no use in tight spaces.

He seemed unammused, he was never one who was able to easily hide his emotions, it was part of why he did not play cards. He also did not like to leave things to chance if it could be helped... He was also not thrilled at working with Dreadlords...

As the man walked his way with a woman it was obvious by the man's look of disgust, he did not appreciate Gil sitting on what was probably a very expensive piece of furniture. Gil just glared at the man, he was hired to be here and he would do his job, as long as the funds kept coming his way. As the woman appeared he move his head slightly to get a better look at her. One of his long pointed ears poked through his long white hair as he moved his head. He offered her a wink before looking back to the wall that had seemed to be occupying his attention across from him.

• Smug