Completed Blood Contract

Tzuriel Alanthis

Merchant King Of Arethil
Character Biography
Link
Knowledge was dangerous in the wrong hands. When knowledge cannot be safely shared among friends or family or the public it becomes a secret.

Tzuriel was a book of secrets. Nearly all of them could get him killed one day. But what he knew of a certain House Nocterose was knowledge of more imminent danger, luckily he had a nose for getting out of danger, every good merchant did. Since his discovery at the celebration hosted by House Nocterose and his brief relationship with the daughter, Lenuta Nocterose; Tzuriels interests in the supernatural world seemed to skyrocket. He read volumes written on the subjects of vampires and undeath by the accounts of hunters or the rare account of the vampire itself.

From what he knew of noble politics and dangerous information he decided to take a bold tactic, to protect his interests while ingratiating himself in their eyes for profit. No matter his feelings for their daughter he was still the merchant king, and he knew he could arrange a deal where everyone could benefit.
Upon her rebirth as a vampire she seemed to have discarded him as a mere mortal, rejected him even though her mortal self seemed to want him as much as he wanted her. Rejection was not rare for him, but he had never felt rejection so sharply as when it came from her.

He knew he could never be more in her eyes now than food, but perhaps he could still be of use to her even if only as a merchant.
He began a correspondence with Lord Nocterose and expressed his desire to go into a trade alliance with Nocterose. The family had a wide area of influence, including several villages that were very prosperous in and of themselves. He wanted to open negotiations in order to bring further prosperity to both of their coffers.

Over the course of their correspondence they agreed to begin negotiations and that is where Tzuriel was now. He awaited the emissary from House Nocterose at a private meeting room in the upstairs room at a tavern in Elbion. He came with three men. One would be with him as negotiations took place and the other two would be positioned around the tavern alert for any foul play or interference. This was not a sign of distrust, but a show of shrewd cunning and negotiation etiquette.

He didn't know who to expect to show up. He sat at a table in the cleared room with his second holding the satchel with the forms and papers needed to finalize any deals. Tzuriel had never negotiated with a vampire before, but he hopped he could remain in control of the situation with all the cards in his hands. Reports were flimsy in its effectiveness, but he decided wearing a rosary was prudent in this situation. The little cross was meant to be a religious symbol, but he could not think of a single religion that had such a cross as their moniker. To calm himself while he waited he decided to muse on this for a while. He wondered what the origins of this cross were...

Years had been spent mostly confined to the safety of the Manor, studying etiquette, families, and other decencies necessary for a proper lady. Now it was finally time for her true life to begin. She was still expected to study and learn, but she was also granted certain freedoms and more responsibilities. She had proven her worth, she had been successful at the ceremony, and her powers over the mind were growing rapidly day by day. She was ready to be more than just a precious stone.

Moira accompanied her as they traversed into Elbion, another ally of the family already in place at the agreed upon location. They were confident that three vampires would be able to handle any tom-foolery that might be attempted. She was to meet with a man by the name of Alanthis, the title ringing with familiarity in her mind, however, she could not quite place it. It was not there first time dealing with merchants; she figured she might have heard the name in passing.

They entered quietly, not wasting any time in meandering as they ascended to the private rooms. Lenuta had assured her attire was professional and proper. Deep plum skirts billowed around her, layered and pleated, her small waist laced in a coordinating corset. An immaculate ivory blouse ruched at the tight collar around her neck with sleeves that cinched at her wrists before frothing delicately around her slender hands. Glossy chocolate strands of hair were pulled away from her pristine visage, each piece carefully placed with tight ringlets, loose at the nape of her neck and draped fashionably over a shoulder. No longer did she need the accompaniment of makeup to perfect her beauty, undeath granting her eternal and haunting allure with alabaster flesh. Though she was keen on painting her lips a recognized crimson.

She paused as the door was opened for her, cinnamon hues finding Tzuriel almost immediately, her brows rising ever so slightly in surprise. She remained composed, entering gracefully to seat herself alongside Moira, her hands politely resting in her lap. She caught sight of the rosary on his person, her perfect facade breaking to produce a snide smirk.

• Yay
Reactions: Tzuriel Alanthis
He was slightly surprised when the door opened. Vampires were hauntingly quiet. He stood up when the emissary entered, when his blue eyes met her familiar cinnamon his pulse quickened. It was her... Lord Nocterose sent his daughter to arrange negotiations... He wondered if Nocterose did this on purpose.

She was just as breathtaking as the very last time he saw her... Perhaps even more so. But he had caught that breath back quite some time ago. His face remained impassive, he refused to lower his guard to her this time. His face masked the way others knew him, dark and intense. He nodded to her in greeting, "Lenuta Nocterose... This is a pleasant surprise."

He sat back down as she took a seat. She was pristine and unbreakable, but that demeanor broke into a smirk and he followed her eyes to the rosary around his neck, "A mere trinket, m'lady. Stories are inconsistent, but it is said this symbol can protect the wearer from evil. A tall tale if I ever heard one, but these are troubled times where demons can summon red fog around Arethil and corrupt ones soul. Being too careful only killed anyone when the danger came from one close and trusted."

He spoke for the benefit of his second who stood behind him with the satchel, he hoped this indicated to Lenuta that he had not told anyone that the emissary from House Nocterose would be a vampire.
He tucked the little cross under his shirt, in case it was true that the sight of the cross could repel undead from its presence.

He folded his hands on the table. An accustomed gesture to show he had nothing in his hands while at the negotiation table.
"I suppose I shall begin negotiations. As I communicated with your father I want to open trade routs to Nocterose lands to increase the flow of gold. With my ships and carts we can bring goods to and from your villages that would increase prosperity for both of us."

He laid this out as an opening statement. What he proposed was a win win trade agreement for both involved. Even accounting for inflation either of them stood to lose very little.
But even though he talked business he couldn't stop thinking about why she was chosen to meet with him. Surly Lord Nocterose knew of the brief time Tzuriel shared with his daughter while she was a mortal. Nocterose was there and watched her drink his lifeblood for her rebirth. Tzuriel was suspicious...

• Yay
Reactions: Lenuta
When first met, she had been swept away by him. He was a handsome mortal and had caused her heart to flutter with just a mere look from his piercing gaze. Now her heart no longer carried the beat that betrayed his steely expression, remaining dull and silent within her chest. Numb to his charm.

"Lady Nocterose." She corrected him, remembering her blunder on the night they met and how she had assured him he would be able to use her name once they were better acquainted. Obviously she did not deem them acquainted enough. Her gaze followed the cross as it vanished within the folds of his attire, showing some care that it might have offended her.
"I trust it to be only a coincidence that you wore it today, and do not think our family to be at all evil." Her features narrowed on him, her elbow propped on the desk, long digits folding as she rest her sharp chin on her knuckles. Her absent hand also rose, absently caressing the large garnet-like stone that hung from the same delicate gold chain she had been wearing the night of her ceremony.

His suspicion was well placed, as it was no coincidence that she was handling the trade agreement. Though the reasonings he suspected behind her appearance were not entirely accurate. Invisible tendrils reached towards him, silent and tender, gently pressing her mind against his to test for any sort of resistance or block that would prevent her from playing with his mind or reading his true intentions. This was not the only arrangement she would hold responsibility for.

"Yes. Our lands are ripe with trade goods. We have had... generations to prep and perfect. You will see that they are of the highest quality. Now, please, go into detail on what type of payment that will be requested from us."

• Yay
"Lady Nocterose. Of course. Please forgive me."
Tzuriel never knew of anyone changing so completely so quickly... But he supposed that if it were to ever happen it would be with a vampire.
He decided to ignore her comment on the rosary to pass it off to his own partner as a jest, but he knew she knew what he meant by wearing it, and his surface thoughts revealed his distrust to her mental prodding. But beyond surface thoughts he seemed to possess a natural barrier that resisted her stealthy approach. His surface thoughts expressed his distrust of her, but besides the mundane thoughts of the business at hand his thoughts spoke of feelings of an ache or pain brought on by her rejection. He had gotten over her... But the memory of her turning her back on him along with her humanity still hurt him.

"I can send ships and carts with goods from as far as Belgrath, and I can bring the goods purchased from your provinces and bring them just as far to other provinces to bring a profit for both of us. I think a ten percent share of the profits is fair.
And besides the trade with your provinces I can deliver specialty goods to the Nocterose estate. I believe this will be the cream that will top off this deal. Only gold would be expected in return for these items which we can discuss in private once we come to an agreement and sign off on the initial contract. It is a matter for our ears alone."

He raised a hand, motioning for his second to bring the satchel. He removes the papers, an ink bottle, and a feather pen. He looks over the documents to make sure they are in order.
"The trade in itself should be enough to satisfy Lord Nocterose. And I hope we can at least sign off on a Profit-Sharing Agreement before we speak of the specialty goods."

The Steel never left his eyes as he spoke. And he didn't break eye contact with Lenuta, but for different reasons than before. So far she has not proposed a counter deal or given any indication of this at all being a setup. About the only suspicious thing he could see in her was her lack of suspicious activity. Though if she attempted to break through that mental barrier then he would have a different accession.

• Yay
He was the Merchant King of Alliria. He would not have garnered such a high standing title in such a career if his mind was left wide open for all to manipulate and plunder. It came as no surprise that her wading was limited to shallows. Disappointment still followed, however, she had a few tricks she could play should their negotiations become rocky.

"Ten percent is agreeable, as long as we are not expected to provide means of transport or repair for any damage that may be caused en route. I also believe that we should discuss an insurance policy, should those under your employ not perform to our standards and lose or damage our goods. We also need to be sure that our contract remains first priority in your hands. We will agree to a six month trial period, to assure that you are truly as capable as you say. Should you fail, we will terminate immediately and pay only for those deliveries completed and nothing more." She portrayed her professionalism, keeping the Nocterose family's interest at heart.

Papers were drawn, his gaze breaking her intense amber to assure the contracts were correct and abided to both party's needs. At the mention of her father's name, she frowned, her chin lowering faintly as a brow rose at him.
"Let me assure you, Tzuriel. As long as you are dealing with our family, I will be the one you need to... satisfy." Her gaze locked with his once more, and index finger sensually running along her bottom lip with her hinted coquetry.

She maintained her observation of his mind, interested in his reaction.

There it was, he was waiting for that. Terms, though everything she proposed was fair and reasonable. So she truly did speak for House Nocterose here.
"Mister Alanthis..." He corrected. She could detect the humor in his mind, but his face was dead serious.
"A six month trial is agreeable. In that time your provinces should see our goods passing through at least three times each month. We can assure protection for our own property barring extreme circumstances. In which case we have good connections with the Adventurers Guild to assure smooth transition."

When he mentioned her father it seemed to offend her slightly, but he could not have missed the innuendo in her words if he tried. His eyes followed her finger in its sensuous gesture and his heart quickened as he remembered the time she fed on him. But her words also told him that she was not just a puppet of her father... Rather to his mind it was a claim to independence. She was no mere emissary. He was negotiating with her, not her father.

"Then I will do my best to meet your standards, M'lady."
He met her gaze with his own eyes and held it for a moment... Remembering the dance they shared when all he could see or care about were those eyes staring back at him.

He turned his eyes away again and selected a different form from the pile. This one for a trail agreement. He had two copies of these forms, and as a professional merchant they were both carefully worded to be a general purpose trail contract form. He placed her copy in the middle of the table to allow Moira to slide it to Lenuta for her to peruse and make sure everything is in order. The forms had space to specify the agreed time. And space for two signatures, her own, and his.
He let her look it over, and when she showed that she was ready he would pass the ink and pen to Moira for Lenuta to sign.

To the observers, the merchant remained stoic and entirely business-forward, correcting his name just as she had corrected hers. However, she could see his mind, and his response only garnered an amused smirk from her as she leaned back in her chair, her form shifting faintly as she crossed one leg over the other.

It appeared they had found even ground, and though this was good for the deal, she could not help but be slightly disappointed that she had no use for her specific abilities. Still, she could see the flashes of memory that rose to his mind. The exact moment that her fangs met his neck, the feel of her ruthless form pressed desperately against his at that moment, and how it had thrilled him.

She gave a light nod at his comment on her standards, taking the parchments from Moira.
"See that you do, Tzuriel." A mischevious glance challenged him before those eyes returned to the contract, assuring that everything was in order. There was no reason for her to remain entangled within his mind, he meant no harm or deception. However, she couldn't help but leave a graphic image of exactly what her standards might be in the bedroom, in painstaking detail of every inch of her body on the forefront of his brain, before she released herself from his shallow pool.

She reached for the quill, not even bothering to look at the paper as her elegant script permanently stained onto the paper.
"We have a deal. I trust you will do your absolute best to ensure that we are meeting again in six months to discuss an extended contract." She held the contract directly to him instead of Moira.

• Yay
The image came unbidden to his mind. So unexpected though certainly not unappreciated... Yet it made him suspicious as in that moment she revealed her presence in his mind. He wasn't practiced in mind magic in the least, but he had seen his fill of its practitioners. Most of them merchants or con artists who learned it to gain an edge which encouraged him to adopt a discipline which built the barrier in his mind.

His second approached to take the contract for him, but Tzuriel stopped him and took it himself. Lenuta was bold in the face of etiquette and he chose to ignore her misuse of his name. He signed his signature on both copies, making sure her signature was on both as well before he blotted them and let the ink dry. He then turned to his assistant and gave him a nod. It was time for the private negotiations to begin. Everyone who worked close to him was well trusted by Tzuriel, but for their own safety as well as for the confidentiality of the contract it was sometimes better that they did not know anything.

Tzuriels second left the room with a nod and went downstairs to join the others. Tzuriel organized the contracts once they were dry and released Lenutas copy to her.
"To a profitable relationship. Lady Nocterose."

His expression remained serious, but he couldn't remove that image from his brain and he admitted to himself that he suddenly felt nervous about being alone in a room with her.

• Yay
She had left the traces of his mind, assured that his feelings for her and interest in a good deal would mean he would not try to double-cross her. She rose along with Moira, Tzuriel's companion leaving the room. Her hand clasped at the back of Moira's neck in intimate assurance, their eyes connected for silent moments before Lenuta was left alone with the merchant.

"A profitable relationship? Somehow I believe you wish it was more than that." All courtesy was dropped now that the two were alone, her form crossing the room to approach the only available window. The emerald curtains were heavy to make sure that no sunlight would pass through the fibers for any who might stay there. She fingered the fabric lightly, rubbing the cloth between her privileged hands. It was nowhere near as soft or thick as those that lined the windows of her own home.

She turned to face him, leaning against the wall with a slight quirk of her head.

• Yay
Their assistants had left. Tzuriel stood as Lenuta went over to the window while she spoke.
More than just a business relationship?
He all but glared at her in that moment, she acted as if it wasn't her fault in the least.
"Of course I do... I did... Can you blame me? While you were human I loved you and I thought you loved me... So of course I wanted more."

His eyebrows lowered into a hard scowl and his eyes hardened in his anger. She was toying with him and he didn't like it. But what got under his skin is how she seemed to be struck with amnesia when it came to remembering how she felt when she was alive. It was like she remembered events taking place... But not what she felt in those moments. Or what he felt.

He thought about calling her out on her cruelty, but he knew she would probably take that and own it, so he didn't bother.
He took the little cross out and pulled it off of his neck, snapping the string.
"This trinket means nothing to your kind, doesn't it?" He furiously chucked it past her out the window.

He fully expected her to laugh at his little mortal outburst, but at least he had a heart to feel the anger and frustration he held pent up. He didn't think, he allowed his anger to take the lead for a moment to make up for the lack of closure that plagued his heart. And now that he was finished he looked at her and just seemed tired, waiting for what he was sure she would do next. He only knew the arrogant types far too well to the point that they were predictable to him.

She would laugh, make light of him, tear down and belittle what he "thought" was true and lord her superiority over him, which he was only just beginning to realize was actually racism.

Tall, handsome, well dressed and charismatic. Tzuriel Alanthis was any woman's dream, and for some, he had been their reality for a wild memorable night. He toyed and played with women, getting what he wanted out of them and then moving on to the next conquest without further thought on the previous. Told himself that he was doing no harm, but there was always those women who hoped they could garner more out of the notorious playboy. Rare were the women who had stayed on his mind longer than that. Save for the one that he couldn't reach.

"Love?" She repeated, the vampiress obviously caught off guard by the brutal honesty of his words.
"I didn't love you even when I was alive." She did just as he expected, playing into the superiority that had smothered her ever since she was a child.

Her hand snatched out, catching the flying jewelry in her hand, allowing the ornamentation to dangle as she held tightly to the chain. She held it closer, allowing the cross to rest in the palm of her hand, appraising its craftsmanship. It did not burn nor beguile her, proving his words true.

She waltzed closer to him, his perceptions of her entirely accurate as the corner of her mouth lifted. Her entire life had been meant for something more, something eternal. She was stronger and faster. Her abilities growing faster than they should. She was simply better. Couldn't he see that?

Her gaze admired his features for a moment before her it trained upon the pulse of his jugular. Her tongue flicked across her lips. She had been allowed only to drink preserved blood for the time being, but she remembered the warmth of his blood slipping down her throat.

"I am sure you can find several mortal women just downstairs who can help mend your broken ego, but you won't find that comfort with me. I will outlive you, darling. There really is no reason for you to waste what precious little time you have. Shall we continue with negotiations? Or were you simply trying to find a reason to be alone with me?"

Last edited:
  • Yay
So he was right about her. To a "T". Never loved him? He prided himself on his ability to read people... Could she have truly played him so thoroughly, or was this inbred denial. He couldn't tell anymore... though that brought the lewd image she stamped in his mind into question.
Her words stun when she spoke of the wenches of the tavern... Because they were true in any other situation. If his heart hurt he could always find a tavern to fix his bruised ego. But he hadn't done that once with her, even this whole time they were apart he guarded himself and immersed himself in his work.

As he suspected she would, she mocked him, but he didn't care. She wasn't human, so how could he expect her to feel the way a human did. His outburst was for his own sake, but now he was back to business. His purpose was to make himself useful to Nocterose so that he could become too valuable to be removed as a loose end for what he knew. Because now he knew she could use mind magic.

The anger was drained from his face now and his steely gaze met hers evenly, he chose to remain unshaken by her words, feeling justified with his outburst that she acted exactly how he predicted she would.
"I offer House Nocterose a special supply of magical craft. I have a source that provides materials and makes enchanted wonders with machinery, weapons and armor alike. For an added fee I can have this supply brought directly to the Estate no questions asked."

This was what he hoped would spare his life if it ever came down to the matter of what he knew. He felt the lump of the sample he brought in his coat, wrapped tightly in a cloth bundle. He wouldn't show it to her unless she had the cunning to ask for such a sample. He came prepared.

He could trace her eyes as they were drawn to his semi exposed throat, hidden slightly by his high collared shirt. He could tell from that look what she wanted from him to... Satisfy her... And he wouldn't let her have it just yet.

Humans were toys to be played with, their bodies and blood all used for enjoyment, but any form of relationship beyond that would be ridiculed. A lion would never love a gazel. Thus she would never love a mortal Tzuriel. No matter the offers and deeds he provided. She was kind enough to tell him the absolute truth, as he had with is voyeurs, rather than hooking him on false promises.

It had been a long carriage ride from the Nocterose estate into Elbion, and though she had quenched her thirst before leaving, she was still growing accustomed to the constant gnaw that encouraged her eager fangs to delve into unsuspecting flesh. His words drew her attention, offering more than had been previously agreed, his pain and frustration washing away, though she was unfooled.

Her brows rose in faint curiosity, suspicion now growing within her.
"Getting a little ahead of ourselves, aren't we? We already agreed to a trial period. Anything more than that will have to be seen after. Once you prove trustworthy and capable."

The pounding of his heart was familiar in her ears, and her jaw clenched as she remembered just how easily her piercing teeth could slide into his throat.
"With the contracts signed, we're done here." Despite these words she had yet to move away, a deep breath inhaling the scent of the blood that flowed in his veins, her form leaning ever closer.
"Unless you have something to offer me, personally."

• Yay
She spoke, but she betrayed herself. Her hunger was evident, but the way he saw it, he still held the cards to this game.
"If you let yourself know me, then you would know of my trustworthiness. This contract is separate due to its confidential nature. Along with shipments in the agreed upon trial period I will bring you this shipment of specialty items. But the contracts must be separate to protect the confidentiality of all parties involved due to the high value and utility of these products."

She was leaning toward him and walked as if in a trance. She breathed in through her nose, smelling his blood. Were they feeding her at all? if anything he once again felt pity for her. She was driven by her hunger... She may be stronger, faster, more powerful, unsurpassably beautiful, but what was she without blood.
He could leave her now, hungry and unfulfilled the way she left him... Or he could break that cycle. Show her he is not what she thought him to be. He was not a playboy that broke hearts while fooling himself he wasn't hurting anyone. He made sure they never got hurt, that they understood that he will be but a blink in their lives, and if they still wanted him after that, then he would give them what they desire while his own desires were filled in return.

He sighed.
"Yes... I do have something to offer you, personally. And I give it willingly as a token of a trust I have for you, if you would put your trust in me... The way you trusted my lead while we danced the night of your rebirth."
But instead of waiting for her to come the rest of the way to him he went to her, unbuttoning his shirt and pulling it away from his neck, exposing his chest and throat to her while he walked her back to the wall and placed his hands on the wall on either side of her.
"This gift is as freely given as it would have been that night... Had you simply asked it of me."
He turned his head to the side to expose his throat to her, refusing to meet her un-requiting eyes.

Last edited:
The rabbit had cornered the fox, forcing back against the wall with either arm caging her in. He exposed himself, tantalizing and appetizing. He played into her craving, offering himself to her despite how easily she could take his life. A wide grin spread on her face, pulling her crimson lip away from her sharp canines and leaving them on full display. His heart pined for her, desperate for affection. If her weakness was blood, then his weakness was her.

She was once again a starved child, locked in a room with a banquet of the most delectable treats. But she was human no longer, grown and able to indulge. Frigid fingers pressed against his revealed chest, feeling the rigid muscles beneath his skin, slowly sliding upwards to broad shoulders where they grasped him. He had generously lowered himself so that his neck was readily within her reach, her form drawing in closer, nose gliding ever-so-lightly against his jaw.

"You speak of things from a lifetime ago, Tzuriel." She reminded him, her breath whispering at his ear. Her lips found the right side his neck, pressing their ice against the warmth of his skin, searching for the perfect spot, the intoxicating metallic of his blood calling to her. It didn't take long, her mouth opening to allow her fangs their desires. They sunk into his flesh, though this was not the same as the first time.

Her touch was delicate and tender, almost sensual, her bite more shallow. The flow of life that touched her tongue was enough to make her moan, her hand grasping at the back of his neck, drawing him in closer as her grip tightened. His taste was euphoric, encouraging her to bite harder, to release more blood, but she did not. It would be unwise to kill him. Their colleagues still loitered away from that room, awaiting the conclusion of their deal.

• Yay
Her antics sent chills through his body. It was true, she was his weakness. She slid her fangs into his throat and he could already feel the blood pumping into her mouth. She moaned at his taste. He closed his eyes as he felt his strength wane and dizziness overcome him as blood was diverted from his brain once again. In his dizziness his head dropped forward, his forehead on her shoulder. Her flesh was cold but smooth against his skin. He put his hands on her shoulders and held them tightly as she pulled him closer.

She was irresistible, her strength and her allure. If they were to meet again he knew that he would not be able to deny her his blood... Providing he survived this encounter. His views on life and death have gone through some deep contemplation since her rebirth. And now he concluded that death was nothing to fear... When he died he would not have to worry about leaving anything behind... What is life to the dead? He could pass on without regrets... Save one... The girl he now held in his arms, his muscles tense with passion as she drank his life into herself. His one regret is not finding the one thing that would make his life a regrettable thing to lose.

He stood there, not allowing his legs to weaken but leaning against her when his will to stand wore thin. He could feel his heartbeat pounding in his ears. But he could feel her restraint, taking care to not indulge too deeply.
Perhaps he would be happy with this, just being her personal blood bag. If it meant that he could be close to her at times like this even if she wouldn't have him as a mortal.

He allowed her full reign over him, all previous words of frustration and accusation obsolete. It didn't matter what she said or did, he would always be reaching out for her, trying to catch a fleeting dream. Now she was draining more than just blood, but also his view on life itself.

She could feel his form start to grow limp, his crest falling lightly against her shoulder. She paused, her fangs retracting from him. Had she possibly taken too much? Did he already have a deficiency? A frown pulled at her lips as she reared, a hand releasing him so her thumb could rise and catch a stray drop of blood on the corner of her mouth.

She withdrew a handkerchief, pressing the ebony fabric against his new wound before deft digits tied it off, subduing the flow of blood, as well as concealing the smear of her lip paint. His sacrifice left her revitalized, her skin almost alive once more.

"Now, I believe your 'special merchandise' will benefit us greatly. When shall we expect the first shipment?" She had moved away from him, crossing back to the desk to gather her copies of the documents whilst absently smoothing her hair.
"Also, due to the nature of the merchandise, I expect you to assure its safe delivery yourself."

• Yay
It felt like she stopped too soon. His own indulgence must have been mistranslated to her. But she pulled out of him and bound the wounds with her handkerchief. He couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed as he felt his strength slowly return. She moved away to the table and gathered her papers. He blinked to clear his thoughts, the venom in her saliva having an evident effect on him.

He buttoned up his shirt as he walked to the table as well.
"Once I return with the contracts and have the shipment put together it should arrive at your estate within three weeks from today. It should be at least that long from the time it will take me to return. But future shipments of the specialty items will be with the same regularity as the other shipments. Three a month."

He sat down, letting himself recover a bit more. She wanted him to bring her the shipment of specialty items personally. He wondered if her hunger led her to make that request. He pulled up his collar to hide the bandage around his neck and produced two copies of the second contract. Instead of using the ink and pen he produced a candle and match. He let it collect some liquified wax before letting it drop on the papers where they were to sign and pressed his ring into it. He handed her the candle as well.

"Signing it this way is far less specific on identity of the collaborators. I'm sure you understand."

He was a little more disappointed now. They were all but done here and she would leave once again. He watched her, his eyes following her every move.

There were certain aspects to life the vampiress had yet to experience, even in undeath. She had been kept as a treasure, limited to the people she had contact with, to ensure that her upbringing was not clouded by outside ideas. She had been allowed to socialize and was well versed in appropriate behavior, though she had never been with a man. His reactions had been misconstrued, and now she was eyeing him, wondering if perhaps he was too thin, or if all humans grew tired from such a small amount of blood loss.

He gathered his strength, then moved on to the final contracts, her form standing next to the desk all the while. She briefly looked over the emblemed document once before nodding lightly. She brought her thumb to her lips, biting into her own flesh. A singular droplet of dark blood formed before the wound and she pressed it to the document, leaving a detailed print of her finger.

"I will see you in three weeks, then. Be sure to send word ahead of time so we can prepare for your arrival."

• Yay
He let them dry before retrieving his copy of the document. He stood up and put the papers back in the satchel. He took a step towards the door but paused. He turned and bowed to her in such a way as if saying, "thank you for this dance".
"It was a pleasure doing business with you M'lady… And a pleasure to see you again. I look forward to our next meeting."

He opened the door for her.

Everything was in order without further need for discussion. She rolled her documents, securing them with a ribbon to ensure they would not scatter and that they would travel well.

Her brow rose as he bow to her, taking a moment to consider her own actions. He had already proven willing for whatever use she might have for him, leaving no reason for false pretenses. So, her posture remained straight, her gaze unmoved as he opened the door.

"Yes. Be sure you don't disappoint me." She replied, turning out of the room. Moira was quick to meet up with her at Lenuta's silent call.
"Let us continue to the college. I am running out of reading material and would like to see their library." She spoke, her gaze trained only ahead.

• Yay