Open Chronicles Big City Little Fish

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Alexander Verallas

Squire of House Lorerince
Character Biography
Link
proxy.php

Alliria, Epressa.

The City of Alliria was not oft a place Alexander's family had visited, not least since his younger days. It stood as a far cry from the fields he had worked, plowed and harvested alongside his siblings, listening to his Ma's singing as she cared for the hearth and his Father plied his trade as a carpenter. It had been a peaceful life, not one to incite the ire of many. Days now passed and replaced with inescapable dreams and memories of shouting, crying and violence.

Alex stood in the open street as the midday sun reigned down upon all within sight. The young lad barely a man, had forgotten how vast a City Alliria was, and how busied it seemed compared to the open wilds. People seemed to be hurried, stopping none to even spare a glance at the wanderer as they went about their business. The chatter of the townsfolk was loud, calls of produce for sale, announcements of recent happenings shouted about the square and stalls and shops everywhere...-It was enough to make the lad's head spin.

Dazed...-Alexander felt truly lost, and perhaps looked every bit the part. His steps were loose, body weak as he had traveled a far time to reach the great settlement his Mother had often praised. She had spoken as if Alliria could make dreams come to life, but Alex would discover that even his Ma' was capable of exaggerated dreams in the day, likely to distract her from the simple life they had back then.

Today, the mere smell of food was incentive enough to make his stomach growl, yet he had no coin and no knowledge of the region. He was of no great house nor highborn blood, a commoner with former dreams all wrought to naught at the hands of rogues, brigands who had killed for an evening meal, in doing so, robbing him of everything he held dear.

This was the way of things lately, wishing for fortune while being reminded by every little ounce of hope, of the butchering of his family and the cowardice of his fleeing the homestead. In the first days of his vagrancy, he argued with himself over his Ma's pleading, yet today he had succumbed to the fact. How he would have liked to have held a sword...-Even a knife to show some sort of courage. Perhaps join his family in eternal bliss. It wasn't to be so, and part of him wondered if his stark reality today was his punishment for being afeared.

Jexlt ran across the rooftops of the buildings, in pursuit of his target. He could see his target down in the streets, running through the crowd, trying to escape Jexlt. Jex jumped across an alleyway, and landed on another roof. He continued chasing down his target. The target was a murderer, responsible for the deaths of three people. Jex had been tracking him for the past couple of days, and now, had finally found him. The murderer made a run for it, and now here they were, engaged in a chase.

The man turned down an alleyway, and turned onto another street. Jex jumped over the alleyway, and landed on the buildings. He ran after the man, keeping track of where he was. Jexlt jumped off of the rooftops, and landed in the street. He followed after the man, keeping up with him."Stop! Stop right there!" Jexlt yelled at the man. The man just continued to move through the crowds, with Jex behind him. Then, the murderer looked back at Jex, and ran into a man, Alexander Verallas . Jexlt was instantly there, grabbing the murderer before he tried to get away. The man tried to fight back by pulling out a knife, and Jexlt responded according. He grabbed the man's arm, twisted it behind him, and broke it at the elbow. He then swung the man around Landing a blow to the face, then, he stabbed the man in the thigh, and brought his knee down on his chest. Some ribs broke with the force of the blow. The man went to the ground, groaning. Jexlt brought out some rope and tied up the man's hands and feet.

He then walked over to the man that knocked over the murderer. "You alright?" Jexlt asked. "Thank you for your help. You just helped stop a criminal." He said.

[Character Timeline: Before [ Chapter I ] Enchantmental Studies]
"Sire, you don't need to come down here in these parts...furthermore without guards...you could've simply sent only me I -"

"So you're telling me, if I SENT you down here you'd be able to tell me of my hand fortune reading!"

"Eh, no sire."

"Good."
Sepherene Chrystyne (NPC) a loyal noble servant would follow quietly now as she hadn't known the objective of her master entering the lower grounds. Even in the crowd of people, having a dull cloak over his prestige clothing he was under cover from among the common. This allowed him to traverse the booming markets calmly, knowing that he wouldn't be confronted. Learning of this woman who was the so-called fortuneteller for the common-folk who had a reputation in her work. Despite the constant bargains from the Noble houses and Merchant houses to have her join among the inner circle for greater profit. She had refused. This lead to Amatrice to seek her out and attain a hand reading for his upcoming journey.

"Sire, the store is closed. What about if I stay here to attempt to bring her to you?" Sepherene would inquire as she brushed her hair and dusted herself with self-importance. Amatrice in deep thought, he would hear "Stop! Stop right there!"

Turning to face the commotion as people seemed to have coward away from the confrontation in effort to avoid being included in the situation. Looking around as guards weren't present in these parts, Amatrice would move on as he signaled her to come along. However, Sepherene would notice a knife that had runic inscriptions carved into it, she would tap on his shoulder as she pointed to the item. Amatrice looking closely to see the item, his expression would glow with a gleaming smile. Restoring his glasses in place, he would talk to Sepherene. Amatrice being abnormality when it came to decoding ancient magic or understanding of Runic Arts, he could effortlessly perceive to know something of Rune Magic at a glance. "That is...gimme a second, damn they keep shifting around and I can't grasp the knife from here. I need to get closer to see what type of artifact is that knife. Runic craft depend on the detail of whom made them and material, the shade of color seems rare. I need to get closer and attain that knife at whatever the cost. Sepherene, today won't be in vain if this item is of some worth. Understand?"

"Yes, Sire!" She and her master would approach the situation as the hero conversed with the peasant on the ground calmly reassuring them. Amatrice in front of the servant as she followed on, the common folk applauding the hero, they'd slowly start to trend back into their normal means of trade. Reaching the two, Amatrice would ask as his servant sharply took judgement of the two assessing whether they held any titles to their names, "Excuse me, may I take this knife please?"

Alex hadn't seen the thief coming, and as it happened, neither had the culprit as the two collided and brought the young Lad to the ground floor like a sack of potato's. Jexlt Warren suddenly appeared and a scuffle ensued for which Alexander simply sat there resting his weight against his hands pressed to the cobble road, watching in alarm as he heard the thief's arm break and then a knife being plunged into his thigh in order to take the criminal down alive.

Frankly, it could have been far worse. For theft, the man was fortunate not to have lost his hands already. However that didn't diminish Alex's shock with all things having happened so abruptly.

"You alright?" Jexlt asked. "Thank you for your help. You just helped stop a criminal".

How long had it been since someone had asked him such a thing. Thank the Gods for small mercies such as these. It warmed his heart some, and encouraged the Lad to take the man's hand in helping him back to his feet.

"Thank you, Goodman" Alex greeted him in appreciation before casting a wary gaze to the not-so-successful thief; "I feel I'm doing a sight better than he is..." he added in spoken thought.

"Excuse me, may I take this knife please?" came the voice of Amatrice Lorerince. There were all so many people about the scene now, passerby's casting a scornful gaze down at the brigand, while others simply stood and watched from afar as if the three had become the center of attention.

Alex glanced between the two older men, feeling a little out of sorts. This was a case of being in the wrong place at the right time...-Or perhaps it was the right place, dependent upon the outcome. That remained to be seen...

Alexander Verallas Amatrice Lorerince

Jexlt helped the man up. The man made a witty remark about feeling better than the criminal. Jex chuckled lightly. "That indeed. You're lucky this man wasn't paying attention, he had killed three people, he might have taken you captive. Who knows what might have happened." He said. "But, it's also lucky you weren't paying attention either, because if you were paying attention, you might have moved out of the way, and I would still be chasing him."

Then, two other people walked up to them. Jexlt turned, and looked over them. They had an air of importance about them, judging from the way they stood, and the way they held themselves. They were also surprisingly clean to be wearing such dull clothes. One of them asked for the knife Jexlt was holding, the one that he took off of the criminal. "Why do you want this knife? Might I inquire who you are?" He asked. He looked at the knife. This was no normal knife. It had some sort of... inscriptions on it. Were those runes? He looked back up at the man. "You're a mage, wizard, whatever. You can do magic." Jexlt said. It wasn't a question, it was a statement. Jex noticed the woman with the new man examining Jex and the other man. "Why are you looking over us like we're two animals at an auction?" He asked her.

Approaching the two, he would over hear the remarks as a sort of a small banter. The crowd would submerge back into their work force as they concluded seeing the small event having played out. With the last remarks made about chance and luck, Amatrice would analyze the bounty rogue, lean body built which was indeed appropriate for his trade. A skilled air around them which was indeed keen to his type of service as a hunter, whilst also a welcoming gesture to his body language as a front (a rare skill to learn). The alarming aura he emitted gave the clear indicative, that he was of a highly trained background, or even perhaps of a noble raising?

Furthermore, on the other hand. The ‘
chance of luck’ was a guy of a much clear-cut background, or so it seemed. He held an air of a skillful worker, moreover Amatrice wouldn’t assure himself whether he was among a peasant or a abnormality magnet from a mythical binding. The person here, whom was of 'normal' gave an eerie magical feeling (usually noticeable by a mage of highly skilled background) more-or-so special, than they didn’t appeal to be. For there was something mythical about the peasant, had they experienced a spiritual awakening or a mythical curse of sorts, something Amatrice wasn’t able to confirm but felt. The person had for sure interacted with a mythical creature perhaps one of a powerful ritual sometime ago, and they seemed to had been either blessed or cursed.

"Why do you want this knife? Might I inquire who you are?" the rouge-man inquired about the purpose. While his servant took the moment to retort back, Amatrice held firm in his emotional state. Knowing he had not to blow his cover as a common-folk. “You insolent-“

Quickly with turn to face her, she then quickly recalled their status as the undercover peasants. Their objective was to attain the object, moreover unknown to her Amatrice was taking keen interest in the two, for they were quite fated to all meet. His nature for unknown/ ancient related type of magic subjects, gave him more reason to have an additional keen sense. That reason alone, was why he knew the person who had ‘assisted’ in this event wasn’t just a regular normal peasant. They had experienced a strong magical effect that impacted them in their life. Amatrice was eager to know of this curios being that appeared as a peasant, what other hidden power had they had. To the moment, as Sepherene Chrystyne a beauty nonetheless was corrected by her master for lushing out correctly, she knew they'd have to cover up her almost blown-cover mistake. Seeing as her master wasn’t necessary angry with her, she knew he was in-fact annoyed by the man’s request, but had to keep up a front. “…Ahem, excuse my impertinent…se-sister. My name is Ama…and her name is Sephe. What shall we call you two gentlemen, of the honorable moment?

Jexlt Warren was quite cunning, too much in fact as he quickly knew of some magical craft when he saw it. Much as now as Amatrice who was in sight of the artifact, seeing the item he quickly was able to see it was made of a rare type of material further indicating how potent it was a tool for Runic ritual arts assorts. The item was made of [Dragon Glass] a type of mineral that is carefully heated by Dragon fire (requiring a tamer for such a feat) insuring its imbued with a Dragonic element. Furthermore, the inscriptions were made of grandmaster level scribing. Rune Magic of such a level wouldn’t be noticed by common-folk, additionally mages or wizards high caliber would struggle to confirm such details. Usually taking centuries before actual research gives fruit. However, Amatrice was a gifted among the astronomical odds which was evidently exhibited directly now as he analyzed the object. Despite this he couldn’t know the full potential of an object without hand to hand use in examination. He knew the object at hand was worth a million gold, to the untrained eye, it was merely a knife with Runes.

"You're a mage, wizard, whatever. You can do magic." He proclaimed as he faced Amatrice after a quick look. Quite the keen eye he had, surely exhibiting his intelligence. He wasn’t someone who could be fooled easily. Now as his “sister” would impose her role, “…On what grounds do you assume my brother is a wizard? He simply likes the knife, shall we pay for it?”

"Why are you looking over us like we're two animals at an auction?" Jexlt spoken then after, questioning her.

“Oh? I simply was just…astonished and…amused ~ahaha excuse me for coming off rude.” With the attempt to ‘gaff it off’ with a dismissive change in topic before Amatrice spoke. Avoiding lying as he addressed the other person in hopes to over throw the topic disarray and hopefully leave the burgeoning to his servant while doing so.

So…I was curious to know, by chance had you ever interact with a magical creature? Just wondering…” imploringly asking Alexander Verallas.

• Yay
Reactions: Alexander Verallas
Alexander's gaze followed the conversation back and fourth between Jexlt Warren and Amatrice Lorerince, somehow feeling all the smaller for it. While the first of the trio had brought down the thief in no subtle amount of aggression, the other and his Sister stood as a pair with an equally defined objective and interest in the knife, where as Alex was simply 'there'.

The words 'Gentleman of the Honorable Moment' were as foreign to him as the concept of magicks, of which Alexander was entirely useless and lacking any knowledge of. He would soon be asked if he had encountered any creatures of that like, to which his brow lifted slightly and he shook his head appearing a little wary as to why the older male might ask something so...Unusual.

"Afeared I may disappoint you, Sir" Alex replied politely, the only encounters he had held of late were that of brigands and bullies, "Were I to know of any such things, I wouldn't perhaps be standing out in the street" he admitted with a shrug of his shoulders; "Nothing so grand as to my name".

Looking back to the fallen rogue, Alex wondered if there wasn't some sort of reward for his clumsy interference with the the fate of their ill-gained thief. "Would there by chance be a reward for that man. Forgive my asking, but I'm sorely hungry and could use the coin" he asked Jexit Warren, hoping for some small stroke of luck in his otherwise bleak turn of events of late.

• Haha
Reactions: Amatrice Lorerince
Amatrice Lorerince Alexander Verallas

Jexlt listened to the two newcomers, and raised an eyebrow. They didn't act like normal people, and often corrected themselves and seemed to be lying on the spot. Gentlemen of the honorable moment? Jex nearly laughed. Oh, they were those kind of people. Great. She was that guy's sister? Jex didn't think so. He wasn't that easily fooled. "Well then, you can call me Jexlt Warren, I'm from a Noble house from Vel Anir." He said, introducing himself, truthfully. "And this knife, isn't for sale. I will give it to you, on one condition, but we will discuss that later. First, I have to turn in this scumbag into jail." He said. He turned to the woman. "I know he's a wizard because I've met them before. They all have this aura about them, this way that they hold themselves, it makes it obvious. And he is one of them. I suggest you don't lie to me, I've killed wizards before, darker, and more powerful ones, I could do it again." Jex warned them. Of course, he wasn't going to do it, unless provoked, but it was true, he had killed wizards before. Surprising that despite having all that power, they were still just normal people. He turned to the other man, asking Jexlt if there was a reward. "Of course, my friend. Law enforcement will pay you handsomely for your help in the capture." He picked up the tied-up criminal and draped him over Jex's shoulder. He turned to the three people. "If you want what you want, you better come with me. I assure you, everything will probably come to your liking." And on that note, Jex walked off, towards the jailhouse.

OOC: The order to each character’s response time-interactions was quite hard for me to follow, as I didn’t know which response was made to what precisely…>.< So I made the best to reply assuredly. Jexlt Warren
Hidden tension arose with the forced facial expressions, as they smiled at their opposing counterpart. Amatrice and his servant assistant would look to each other at the difficulty of their opponent’s constant counter-judgment. They were dealing with a too experienced seasoned commoner? This was too odd to be true for the both of them, as most commoners wouldn’t be this front up without resulting into a physical altercation over a small mental dispute.

"Afeared I may disappoint you, Sir"

Hmm, I guess I am mistaken.” Rubbing his chin as he pondered why he had felt such an aura.

"Were I to know of any such things, I wouldn't perhaps be standing out in the street" He admitted with a shrug of his shoulders; "Nothing so grand as to my name".

...ah..I see.” Appearing dumbfounded now as the conversation moved on with the lad requesting for pay. Which gave Amatrice an idea of how he might use the lad to attain the artifact. "Would there by chance be a reward for that man. Forgive my asking, but I'm sorely hungry and could use the coin"

"Of course, my friend. Law enforcement will pay you handsomely for your help in the capture." said the rogue as he seemly had finished arresting the criminal.

Turning to his servant the rogue would answer her, “I know he's a wizard because I've met them before. They all have this aura about them, this way that they hold themselves, it makes it obvious. And he is one of them. I suggest you don't lie to me, I've killed wizards before, darker, and more powerful ones, I could do it again."

Sepherene would stay quiet as she was surprised that they were dealing with sharp individual, this person was keen to detail much as Amatrice when he was dealing with Runes. Moreover, looking towards Amatrice who now was upset to the inutile insult (from her point of view). In her judgement, knowing Amatrice firsthand, she wouldn’t put it past anyone for what he was capable to create, if he focused his mind to it even your nightmares were need revitalizing. The person in front, clearly was used to only physical based combat, and he had never knew of how fearsome Rune Magic was. The type of magic that even thee legendary dragons cowered in experience to it, first-hand.

"And this knife, isn't for sale. I will give it to you, on one condition, but we will discuss that later. First, I have to turn in this scumbag into jail." He would announce to Amatrice who now pouted in annoyance.

"
Well then, you can call me Jexlt Warren, I'm from a Noble house from Vel Anir." A momental silence would occur as Amatrice was surprised, but more face-fact to understanding the doubts he had before. The implication of why a noble would be down in these areas, furthermore doing lesser work such as hunting criminals?? This didn't make sense, was this commoner mocking the Noble Houses! The very idea of a Noble house made into Joke angered Amatrice to the point his eyes almost glowed with magic. He knew how much the Noble houses had severed to attain their position, and how much responsibilities they had attributed to the growth of the Kingdom. Moreover, the great Noble house of Vel Anir. The house the produced prodigies in all sorts of type of works. Whether it be knights, mages, scholars and even advisors to rulers. That Great Noble House matched his own, for his was solely famous for the Great Magical descendants. Vel Anir was well-known across "If you want what you want, you better come with me. I assure you, everything will probably come to your liking."

What evidence do you have to proclaim you’re a noble? Do you not have shame to speak of the House of Nobles, without fear for your very life! I, Amatrice, of the Noble House of Lorerince, 17th Baron of Alliria! I imply steadfast your claims to be true or else you’ll face arrest to Fraudulent of Highest Degree!” With a proclaim as he removed the cloaking and the cover-up as he exhibited true Noble aura, which easily was noticed and acknowledged by the common-folk. Amatrice now having abandoned his undercover disguise. He stood with his arms closed in announcement of such a feat. He didn’t waver in his confidence so much so he dared them proclaim of the Great Noble House Vel Anir again. Knowing that they had committed a fallacy of affirming their last with their Noble House. “Jexlt Warren, you have spoke of the Great Noble House, Vela’s Anir! Even as though you’re of its Noble backgrounds! Yet, your last name is a ‘Warren’ care to explain this?

Amatrice with his servant out of cover they stood with such an attire (high class wizard garments) that clearly wasn’t a common peasant or surely a mere merchant. Even his servant wore expensive high class servant attire as she bowed in an apology to the peasant on the ground. For it was a crime for a Noble to mingle undercover with the common folk, this was mere to mitigate proclaims of bastards seeking legitimate-ship of the Noble House. “Sire, we too are in the wrong, we apologize for this occurrence.”

Last edited:
Alexander stood warily frozen in place, suddenly caught between the battle of wills of two Noblemen. Their proclamation were a horrifying revelation, for the share truth that Alex had requested the charity of one, and otherwise formerly addressed them as though they two were common-folk.

"My humble apologies, my Lords!" Alexander bowed his head, casting his eyes to the ground as though he were not fit to look upon them. Amatrice Lorerince and Jexlt Warren were not of the same caste and stature as the boy, they of superior standing by name and the grace of the Gods themselves, where he was but a vagabond, homeless and without equity nor of value to the Kingdom.

"I beg thee forgiveness, were I to know better..." he tried to explain. Alexander had heard stories, other peasants had been thrown to the four walls of an inhospitable prison cell for a likely insult and stain upon the honor of the Noble Houses.

Prior to this, Alexander had been intent on pointing out the unnecessary exchange of hostilities between them, yet now this affair was entirely out of his hands and not of his place. Instead, he would stand there meagerly, his eyes averted and his mind racing for answers as to what he ought do to differ and escape the consequences for his lack of credence.

Jexlt raised an eyebrow. He knew it! That guy wasn't just another commoner! He was a noble! But what was he doing here? Hmm, interesting. He sighed at what the man was saying. "Hold your horses. You misheard me, or perhaps you heard what you wanted to hear. I never my real name last name is Warren, now did I? Perhaps I changed it. I did change my name, to answer your questions. Besides, I never said I was from that house. I'm related to them, sure, but distantly, very distant. Besides, they were all minor nobles, so..." He said, shrugging his shoulders. Jexlt knew that the man was confused by what Jexlt was doing down here, hunting criminals. "Besides, I left that life. If I was a noble, I left that prospect long ago. My family was rich, and did have some nobles in the family, and they liked to flaunt that area, so they always said they were a noble family. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. I think they were, there were quite a lot of minor nobles in there, after all. Still, I left that life, leaving all that behind, so I would be a noble no longer. I was just saying that I came from one." Jex explained.

Then, the boy bowed, apologizing. "What are you apologizing for? You did nothing wrong, as far as I know." Jexlt assured him. Then, Jex continued walking towards the jail house. These people were way too dramatic.

Sorry for late Reply Jexlt Warren Alexander Verallas

Amatrice having resolved his understanding of the situation he followed suit to see when he'd attain the artifact. Meanwhile doing so, he appeared to had created a scene as commoners seemed to follow them now. Perhaps thieves were hidden among the innocents and surely they wanted to see if an advantage could occur thus following them? Although Amatrice was a wizard, it baffled him to think anyone would dire to attempt such an event without known fully what he's capable of. Anyways, having not commented on the man's explanation, he pondered to himself quietly.

"The House of Lore'rince surely could use a knight in training, of course that's if I recommend you. Would you be interested?" speaking to Alexander as they moved towards their destination. Sephe watching the whole occurrence, she would smile as she saw that his intentions without being hostile. He was once again attaining a bargaining chip for a future use. Moreover, he surely without consciously knowing was helping the man.

Alexander reluctantly followed the pair of Noblemen, though this was an incredibly rare and tall tale of which none other would deign to believe. What chances, were that a vagabond, a peasant and a beggar, to be called upon in the company of Noblemen, he with nothing and they with everything.

There were two types in the world, and they weren't oft mingled, as far as Alexander's experience and societies general perception of humanity foretold.

None the less, Jexlt Warren had at this point confused Alexander. The going-on's between the two Noblemen left the lad somewhat speechless and without answers to a number of questions that he thought better than to ask.

Initially, he had expected some sort of squabble to break out between the two, words of subtle hostility and judgement of which Noblemen didn't oft care for the views of others. Yet here they were continuing to walk and talk, much to Alexander's uncertainty.

"What are you apologizing for?
You did nothing wrong, as far as I know
".​

Most common-folk merely had to look in the direction of nobility to spark their great disdain, and yet Alexander had somehow stumbled upon this one's mercy. Because assuming ignorance would have likely resulted in having his head locked in the stocks of the market square.

How was he to explain, when they weren't the likeness of uneducated folk. Alexander dared not speak as though he were more knowledgeable, for his place in life was not befit for such arrogance. "Y-yes, Mi'lord..." He meekly responded, the sort of reform that suggested more caution and fear than that of mutual agreement.

And then, Amatrice Lorerince addressed the boy, speaking upon a dream that Alexander had held for years since he was but a child. For he of seventeen years, claimant of no one and nothing, to be asked such a thing...

"The House of Lore'rince surely could use a knight in training, of course that's if I recommend you.
Would you be interested?
"​

Certainly the look of shock, mouth agape as he turned to stare back at the Lord Lorerince, unable to find the appropriate words to respond in that instant, all of which likely spoke volumes in itself. The life of a Knight was one of incredible status, of honor and purpose.

To carry arms for the Noble Houses, and to become a ward of state, to battle their oppressors and uphold virtue through glory. These were things spoken of by those not of the life, through stories and rumors passed by the youthful, or evening tales told before nights rest. These were the dreams of Alex's since he could last recall.

"Me, Mi'lord?" He asked, as if not having heard Amatrice correctly; "To be a Knight?". Was this some folley, a trap or trick to be played on the poor peasant boy? Such an offer was too good to be true, and yet too promising not to want to further pursue.

"Truly, you do me great honor, Mi'lord...-But I am a peasant. How can this be?".

Jexlt walked down the street, with the criminal draped over his shoulder. He heard Amatrice speak to the boy, talking about bringing the boy on as a knight in training. Interesting. The boy obviously was shocked and surprised, but apparently interested. Well, obviously. Being a knight for a Noble house would be a very big deal.

Then, they arrived at the jail house. Jexlt walked inside. Inside, there were two guards. "We're bringing this criminal in. He is wanted for breaking and entering, assault, two accounts of second-degree murder, and one account of first-degree." He told the guards. They went through some files, then, they checked if it really was the murderer. After some checking, one of them nodded. "Yep, it's him alright. Follow me." The guard said. Jexlt walked off after the guard. They arrived at a cell, and Jexlt set him inside, and untied him. Once Jexlt exited, the guard shut the cell door. "Thank you for your assistance. His capture means a lot. Which one of you captured him, or was it all of you?" The guard asked. Jexlt pat a hand on the boy's shoulder. "This man, right here. He did all of the work, you should have seen him. Ah, it was amazing. He got the capture, he gets the full reward." He told the guard, giving full credit of the capture to Alexander Verallas . Jexlt wasn't in it for the money, he just did it to bring down someone who took advantage of others, killed some innocent people, and broke the law. The guard nodded. He brought out a sizable bag of coins and handed it to Alexander. Jexlt walked out of the jailhouse. "Now, let's head off somewhere. To celebrate the capturing of the criminal, your new money boost, and the discussion of the artifact. I say we head to a tavern, it will be less crowded and have food and drinks. Sound good?"

• Love
Reactions: Alexander Verallas
Sephe would continue where Amatrice had spoken off, for after Alexander inquired, Amatrice had implied to his servant to initiate the follow through. Working with him for years, Amatrice had already exhibited his nature to her, while also exposed her about his quirks in his persona. For he wasn’t someone to suggest an idea without any initiative. So having said that, the young lad would again shyly reply to him as they walked. However, Amatrice moved towards the other member of their group to simply oversee if they were in fact being led to an authority estate.

"
To be a Knight? Truly, you do me great honor, Mi'lord...-But I am a peasant. How can this be?". Having spoken his part with true reasons and a sort of a passionate expression to it. Amatrice glared back at him, placed his hand onto their shoulder as he pointed to his assistant. Looking to face Jexlt who kept a calm indifferent expression to the situation. Amatrice watched them carefully, with a shred of doubt as he followed Jexlt.

Meanwhile, Sepherene Chrystyne began to explain to the peasant of this occurrence. “Ahem, listen now. I’m going to begin to process that Sire has deemed you’re entitled to. The Great Noble family of my lord, the Lore’rince has difficulty accepting new members and only during ‘Festival of Coins and Crops’ that is hosted once a year by the Kingdom of Alliria, does the Noble House present it’s hands out to the public for a chance a non-noble family to arise into a Knighthood status.

Having spoken for quite sometime now, she would recollect herself before she begun once more to speak. “
-clears her throat- It's quite difficult for a person of a farmer social status or lesser to become a knight. But. I. have. Heard it. Once in my life…ugh and that really was rarely possible to ever happen, it was simply done as to cover up some other means of illegal deeds, so don’t consider it. Yup, only then if I recall correctly. How it's done is quite simple: When a family of knights do not have a heir to succeed them, they may adopt a healthy and brilliant boy of no age older than ten. That’s usually when a farmer’s kid can become a Knight. (She murmurs: ...usually as pages doing chores.) Now to your case, and why it will be more than approved, but let's not get ahead as you’d still need some sort of comfortable wealth, which isn’t something my lord can issue out to a peasant without the whole Noble House refuting it.

Once more as she was to speak, they had neared the estate of justice. She quickly gave the young man a smile, “
My lord came in power quite recently. You should know of this, if you’re not to become a knight of House Lore'rince. The previous lord and his other sons met their demise recently and one after the other, due to unforeseen circumstances in these far off land wars. The Battle as commanding Warlocks should've allowed them to escape, but as a result unforeseen disaster type of creatures resulted in an annihilation. For he now has inherited the position of the Great Noble family of mages at such a young age, surely as the last true blood of his Noble family, his death would result in a new house under the Lore'rine family that was amalgamated to seek position of power. Possible civil war within the Lore'rince Family. -Sigh- Currently, this is his lastly allowed 'free to roaming' day, before he leaves Alliria for a distant travel and negotiations. Surely, we hope to see you a knight upon retuning, my Lord shall put in a word for you, so once you request to register as a Knight in-training they'll be awaiting you with full armor and resources. For that, all you’ll need now is enough gold to buy the basic good square amor, a Horse for training, a sword, with a shield too, and all 20 knight knowledge books. (Sigh) sadly we cannot afford to support you in that matter currently. So, if you’re blessed with luck of Allliria. Then, surely the God’s will make you a knight! ~haha

Having said that, she and him would pay focus to the present as Jexlt had complicated the basic transactional information and such, they’d Jexlt speak as patted boy's shoulder. "This man, right here. He did all of the work, you should have seen him. Ah, it was amazing. He got the capture, he gets the full reward."

In shock to the whole party but the guard. The young lad surely had great luck beyond reason. Given the odds to becoming a knight and the wealth resources one need to attain in order to become one, Alexander Verallas was someone with fearful luck. Maybe it was a bless of luck from the goddess of Alliria. Very rare stories arose from Alliria, the kingdom of wealth and dreams. It was known that if one enter the city, they’d become rich. Which was a running motivation that happen to some, these stories were common. For Amatrice and his assistance who couldn’t believe the odds, were surprised. For they had planned to return in six months with no new change to their Noble family. However, this was surely going to arise many flags and questions. Nonetheless, Amatrice from that moment decided to make this his fellow knight. Under his name. Now the main determining force for whether they’d become a knight would be if they pass the Square training. Normally he’d be placed as a Page for a year. However, given he would be recommended by the Head Noble of the family, surely he would be sent to Square training right away. (He surely will be made jealous/hated of it.)

"Now, let's head off somewhere. To celebrate the capturing of the criminal, your new money boost, and the discussion of the artifact. I say we head to a tavern, it will be less crowded and have food and drinks. Sound good?" Jexlt Warren having spoken, Amatrice would smile nodding in respect as he followed the man.

You’ve defied the great odds Alexander. I hope to return to see you a full-fledged Square or Knight. While for Jexlt here, hmph. Quite the mysterious force you are, aren’t-chu?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jexlt Warren
Alexander found himself at a loss for words, nor the ability to fathom the fortunate circumstances in which he found himself in. Truly the Gods, or the Goddess (depending upon ones beliefs) had smiled upon him that day.

Were it not for the generosity of Jexlt Warren, the offer made by Amatrice Lorerince would have been bitter-sweet, for Alexander certainly had no claim to riches nor gold of any kind; Yet much to his dismay, the estranged and would-be Nobleman had accredited the criminals apprehension all in thanks to the boy's clumsiness. As if the collision between Alexander and the suspect now in custody was by his doing and not by purely happenstance.

"I...-Was..." He began to explain himself, yet the Guardsman dropped a large and heavy satchel full of gold coins in his hands, to which Alexander's mouth parted and all he could express was a surprised, "Woah...".

You’ve defied the great odds Alexander. I hope to return to see you a full-fledged Square or Knight. While for Jexlt here, hmph. Quite the mysterious force you are, aren’t-chu?”.

Alex heard Amatrice speak though he struggled to duly listen and comprehend what was happening. His mind was alive with thoughts, racing quicker than he could keep pace. They were headed elsewhere now and yet he had barely taken in what Sepherene Chrystyne had explained to him, let alone now able to realistically accept the offer with the coin to pay for his entry into service under the banners of House Lorerince.

A sword, a shield, a Horse and armor of his own. These were the possessions of persons of high society, Knights to be considered among the most honorable of men. The fact that he now had the opportunity to become one of them...

Gods, did she say twenty books? Alexander frowned, realizing this meant he would have to learn to read proper. His skill in literature was among the most basic, for commonfolk weren't oft taught such things, nor did they always have the coin for such an education. His was of the primal learnings, the skills and lessons that a farmers boy would need in life, nothing the likes of a Page or Squire might need.

Walking on with the two Noble strangers, knowing neither of them what-so-ever before today's morn', Alex simply followed, knowing not what to say nor how to address the days events. For all the good it did him, he might as well be walking with one foot in his mouth, the astonishment of it all having silenced him completely.