Quest As We Once Were[Templar]

Organization specific roleplay for governments, guilds, adventure groups, or anything similar
S

Saul Talith

proxy.php
Aberresai Savannah - Southern Reaches

Saul glanced up through the gaps in his helmet his lips thinning as he saw the massive fortress laying just ahead of them. He had of course heard talk of just how big Herath, the Black Keep, actually was...but this...this was something else entirely.

The Citadel seemed like it was a quarter of the size of all of Alliria.

No wonder the Order had abandoned it during the second great Schism. There was no way that any of the Chapters could have kept this place occupied, much less truly defended it. It had been a wise decision to abandon it, even if it was a shame to leave such a place to rot.

He could see where some of the stone was falling off the facade, though it seemed that the main part of the fortress was still more than intact. Something he was glad for. Herath was part of his plan, in the long term anyway, though even in the short he supposed.

"Hell of a place to have a meeting."

Derrick commented, his voice muffled slightly by the sound of their horses hooves beating against the long stone bridge. Saul smiled slightly, half turning his head to look at the man. "We'll only be in the courtyard."

There was no telling what lay in the deeper depths of the Fortress, or how structurally sound it was. No, today's meeting would take place only in the forward part of the Citadel itself. There they would meet the representatives of the other Orders, and hopefully come to an agreement.

Saul straightened himself as they drew nearer to the gates, passing through the massive entryway and moving into the stone courtyard.

Herath, Outer Wall.

The journey through the Falwood had been a long and somewhat tedious journey, but for the most part it had been quiet and uneventful, that much Fëanáro had to be thankful for. Now with the Aberresai Savannah stretching in all directions, reaching far beyond the crumbling, worn down walls of Herath, the spiritual and physical home of the Orders Chapters she had to wonder aloud what exactly they were there for.
Far more hospitable places were available to talk, but she was not one to question orders, especially not those of her Lord-Commander; even if those orders were vague at best. Go to the Black Keep of Herath and meet with a man in the Order of Broken Swords. She was sure he would have something absolutely thrilling to share, especially for dragging her out all the way here.

Still, it could be far worse she thought. Her plated foot pressing to a loose brick in a section of the courtyard upper wall, watching as it broke loose of its moorings and plummeted down below, shattering into fragments. Fëanáro could not help but chuckle at the indirect, exact representation of the Schism that lead the Chapters to where they were today. It was the small things in life.

The rustling sound of sure-footed, plated feet against the worn stone ground of the courtyard caused her to lift her attention however, one of her squad approached at a brisk jog, stopping just short of where Fëanáro leant. Her back straightened immediately, feet pressing together perfectly rigid, removing her full helm and placing it beneath her left arm, the woman saluted and held it for a good moment or two.
"Knight-Sergeant Elrohir, mounted men approach from the East, what are your orders?" She declared, her chin raised high, eyes forward, disciplined from many years of training and devotion to her cause. Her defined features and high pointed ears showed her Elven heritage, pure and right.

Fëanáro shifted where she leant, before standing straight and resting the palm of her gauntlet to the pommel of her Elven cavalry scimitar. "Hold them at the courtyard, with steel if necessary and I will arrive shortly." With her orders, the Mehtayar Knight saluted once more, turned smoothly on her heel whilst retaining her rigid composure, before marching off to relay the orders to the rest of the squad.

Herath, Courtyard.

As the first to arrive, the Elven squad of Mehtayar Knights had set themselves up a somewhat modest camp off to one side, away from one of the larger crumbling structures of Herath's great form. After a small issue with falling bricks, they had thought it best not to perish in their sleep. The tents were a dull grey, with a deep blue symbol depicting what appeared to be a half moon, fashioned into the shape of a sword, a flame burning in the curve.

Fëanáro arrived shortly after her squad had set up a defensive perimeter, with a spattering of archers at strategic positions and a group of full plated knights in the center, their shields forming a solid wall and their swords prepared to strike through the gaps. Riding along the line of Knights on her warhorse, she regarded the newcomers in a swathing gaze beneath her full helm, clearly these were the men that they were supposed to be meeting.
Thus with a wave of her hand, the archers denotched their bows and the knights moved in unison with a rattling of plate, swords sheathing as one and their shields being placed at their feet, ready to be raised again if required. Each stood perfectly straight, perfectly still, eyes directly ahead beneath their helms.

The warhorse neighed and snorted, shaking its armoured head heavily. Iron horseshoes clopping restlessly on the spot. Dismounting in one smooth motion, Fëanáro and two of the Knights from the line approached the men, with only Fëanáro removing her helm to see them unrestricted. Saluting curtly, she regarded Saul who looked the most like the leader.

"Greetings and good tidings to you. Commander Talith of the Broken Swords I am assuming? I am Knight-Sergeant Fëanáro Elrohir of the Mehtayar Order of Fal'Addas." She introduced herself, not waiting for any pleasantries to be returned, her posture as straight as her squad, pale eyes fixated solely on Saul. "Lord-Commander Sothrilsil sends her regards and apologises for not meeting you in person, but she has pressing matters to attend to. I am sure you understand."
Behind her, at the behest of her silent order; a flick of her hand and raise of two fingers, the Elven entourage relaxed and stood down, moving towards their camp.

Fëanáro also relaxed, offering a hand in greeting to both men. "If you are hungry or tired, we have good food and more than enough spare fabrics for tents, the Swordsisters of Sindar are at your service."

Saul Talith

(terribly sorry for the long winded post, please don't feel the need to respond in kind)

Last edited:
"Thank you, Sergeant Elrohir." Saul couldn't help but cringe slightly, trying to sound out the name as best as he could. "I apologize for my pronunciation of your name, your people are rare in Alliria, and my interactions with them even more so."

The last thing he wanted to do was offend the woman.

The whole point of this entire thing was to create closer ties between the different Sects of Templar. After the first great schisms much of the Order had been cut off from itself, different Chapters following different rules and creating their own guidelines. It had weakened them beyond the pale, and in many places there weren't more than a Dozen Templars to be found for a thousand leagues. "We brought our own supplies, though we'll be happy to share in any you brought."

A smile touched his face as he took the woman's hand.

"Have you spotted any other Chapters?" He asked in earnest.

Three more had replied to his letters, and all of them had said they would send a representative of some sort. Though he wasn't entirely sure that they would keep their word, Saul certainly hoped they would. This was a first step, an opportunity.

Kharyck had no troops with him, he had only himself, his mountain ram pulling a small wagon, and the things the last carried. He wore his full plate, marching up the path towards the courtyard of the Black Keep, where he could already make out many other forms. He kept his right hand on the reins of his ram, and the other at his belt, thumb tucked behind the great leather spanse. The belt was decorated in a typical dwarven fashion, but the buckle was a centuries old one that held the symbol of the original Templar Order. Twas a thing he thought appropriate to wear on this occasion.

His hand was distinctly not near a weapon, for while those called to this meeting were Templars, the schism had left great rents in the trust between the various chapters.

Kharyck saw that the battlements above the main gate were manned, so he stopped before coming near the gates, then stepped away from his ram to address those warding the gate.

"'Lo there." He called up, his voice booming off of the walls. "Templar Kharyck Khrord, reportin' for the meetin." He continued. The letter he'd received hadn't detailed anything more than a date and location for representatives of the various Templar factions to meet up.

Saul Talith | Fëanáro Elrohir

A small smile of amusement crossed Fëanáro's features at Saul's Allirian pronunciation of her name, he would get it eventually no doubt. "No offense taken Commander, our names oft carry far more weight and meaning than most humans, so it is to be expected." She explained, as though that statement was indeed fact. The men of his unit were guided by a Swordsister and shown where to hitch their mounts and where best to set up camp, leaving a healthy amount of space between the two parties, but close enough to break bread if the time ever came.

At his question, she shook her head and motioned for him to follow, seeing one of her sisters flagging her over from the top of the gateway. "I have two of my rangers scouting the northern and western routes through the savannah, they should return before nightfall so long as the weather remains true."
At the gate a Dwarf was being greeted by two of her sisters, who stepped to the side and saluted as Elrohir approached. "Hissa Dwarf, we hope the travels were not hard on you or too long." She greeted the man, giving another curt salute, before taking a step back, hands behind her back to let Saul take over, since he was her superior. Lady Sothrilsil had told her to recognize rank, even of the lesser races and their defunct Orders.

Leaning to one side as one of her sisters approached, she spoke low to a pointed ear. "Seek communion with Lady Sothrilsil, inform her that we have made contact with the other Orders and that Commander Talith is present." The Swordsister nodded her head in acknowledgement and jogged off. Time would tell whether this little meeting was a complete waste of time or a success, either way she most definitely had time to spare.

Saul Talith | Kharyck Khrord

Last edited:
Saul nodded.

The Orders had been fractured for several centuries now, different chapters springing up all over the place and more forming at any given time. The first schism had seen the Templar fall far, the second and the third had reduced them to a joke.

Some areas didn't even remember that they were even a thing. Back in Alliria the Broken Sword had little to no authority, they couldn't even lawfully arrest people anymore. Saul wasn't sure if that was the case elsewhere, but it wrankled the Lord Captain to no avail.

When the dwarf arrived he smiled slightly, turning to greet the man. "Welcome, Kharyck."

He was going to have to become better at pronouncing these names. The Templar were an inclusive group, oddly enough, sidelining no species or people. Some Chapters absolutely despised mages to an abhorrent degree, but the Broken Sword tolerated even them.

To a degree anyway.

"Commander Talith of Alliria." He introduced himself. "And this is Knight-Sergeant Fëanáro Elrohir, of Fal'Addas."

He would have introduced all of his men, but then they would be standing there for half a day.

Fëanáro Elrohir | Kharyck Khrord

• Yay
Reactions: Anastasia
"Hissa Dwarf, we hope the travels were not hard on you or too long."

Kharyck nodded to the Elf, and almost replied, but the Human replied before he could.

"Welcome, Kharyck."

"Commander Talith of Alliria." He introduced himself. "And this is Knight-Sergeant Fëanáro Elrohir, of Fal'Addas."

"It is my pleasure to meet you, Commander Talith." He said, nodding to Saul Talith before turning back to Fëanáro Elrohir, "and you as well, Knight-Sergeant Elrohir." He nodded again, then looked around at the keep around them. He noticed a true mix of the building styles of the various races, even in such a dis-repaired state. It was truly a marvel, turned sad because of the intractability of all of their forebears.

• Yay
Reactions: Anastasia and Lia
With the pleasantries out of the way, Elrohir figured it was time to give the commander a run down of the situation. "If you will Commander, Ser Kharyck." She gestured, before moving back into the courtyard. Already both groups of Templars were getting to know one another, elves and men greeting and sharing stories. Though none of the Sisters made any attempt to assist their human knight-brethren in the execution of their camp, they did offer them fine wine from Fal'Addas and freshly cooked stew, they even had slightly less than stale bread.
Motioning with a hand around the courtyard, Elrohir turned to both men. "I have thirteen Swordsisters, including myself under my command, as well as a detachment of six Falwood Rangers. We have scouted most of the external sections of the fortress, but deeper in became too treacherous." She explained, raising her hand to the tall tower that even now, was shedding bricks from high up it's girth to shatter far below. "Many of the structures are worn and suffering decay, those we have managed to scout seem abandoned, no signs of banditry or other... Less than ideal inhabitants." She scoffed.

Moving across the courtyard with a surprising amount of grace for someone in full plate, Fëanáro stopped at a large wooden gate-like door, the wood was in surprisingly good condition and had very few cracks in it's surface, to reveal anything beyond to the eye.
"This is the only area we have not been able to explore directly around the camp, it appears to be bolted from the inside and none of the walls are weak enough to dislodge a secondary entrance. We thought it best to await further assistance before breaking it open, lest something ill befall us. It was locked, even as they abandoned the fortress, so it must have been for a reason." Fëanáro reasoned, moving aside for them both to see.

Kharyck Khrord | Saul Talith

"I suspect you'll find most of this place is locked and abandoned." Saul said with a slight frown, his gaze falling over the door.

There were some records of this place within the Archives of the Order back in Alliria. The Keep had been one of the greater Templar Fortresses in Arethil. There were two others, that he knew of, which had been of similar size. They were bastions against everything that could be thrown at it.

Including magic.

"Though this place is not why we're here." Saul reminded the elf. "Not yet at least. Even if our three Orders came together..."

He trailed off, sounding somewhat depressed. "I doubt we'd be able to occupy half of this place."

Saul sounded almost forlorn.

"Still, that touches on why I asked you all here." He smiled slightly, motioning for the dwarf and Elf to follow him to what appeared to be an open room of sorts. He was hoping to find a table, or something that he could use to sprawl out a map on. "We've been fractured for far too long."

While the Elf and Knight Commander spoke, Kharyck remained silent. He lamented, slightly, not having a rank as these two had. The Dwarven Templars of Kor Gorum had long ago done away with the ranking system, listing all full Templars as equals under their King. Time had once been, the Templars had been independent of the King of Kor Gorum, but that was not so now.

"Though this place is not why we're here." Saul reminded the elf. "Not yet at least. Even if our three Orders came together..."

Kharyck frowned at this, he knew the temperament of his city, knew the likelihood of the King relinquishing any control of the Templars. The only reason he was here was so the King could try to exercise some control over the "wayward Templar" out on a walkabout. It would need to be brought up, eventually, but for the moment he remained silent.

"Still, that touches on why I asked you all here." He smiled slightly, motioning for the dwarf and Elf to follow him to what appeared to be an open room of sorts. He was hoping to find a table, or something that he could use to sprawl out a map on. "We've been fractured for far too long."

"Aye, lore says that the Templars had been a unifying force across the continents, somethin' e'eryone could turn to and know a good job would be done." He sniffed slightly, as if the next thought had a foul taste in his mouth. "Templars from my Order are as rock. It will take some doing to get them unstuck from where the schisms stuck'em..."

He trailed off, not knowing how far into the state of his people he should go.

"What plans do you have, Commander?"

Fëanáro seemed somewhat surprised to find out the reason they were present was not to explore the fortress. She had figured something remained, perhaps a relic. Reluctantly, she followed after Saul as he made his way into one of the many deserted and ruined structures scattered around the courtyard, finding a table to lay a map upon.

"Aye, lore says that the Templars had been a unifying force across the continents, somethin' e'eryone could turn to and know a good job would be done."

At this the Swordsister bristled somewhat. "If I may speak freely Commander, perhaps both of your lorebooks forget to tell of when Order turned on Order, ally against ally." Her arms folded with a metallic ring of her armour. "We remember only too well the slaughter the Order of the Jade Banner brought upon our kind, with the very magic you seek to keep everyone safe with." She gave Saul a pointed look.
"Lady Sothrilsil still teaches us to be wary of the other Chapters. You seek to rebuild the fracture, what promises can you provide that the same death that happened on these very plains will not repeat itself once more, when you know very well even the Order of Broken Swords only holds we gifted-folk tolerated in their hearts, are we supposed to join in camaraderie when that is all we are to you, tolerated?" She asked, for a moment losing her rather professional composure. Her chin raised high and she stood all the straighter.

Behind her at the door, two Swordsisters approached and saluted, one moving to speak low to Fëanáro's pointed ear, which twitched a little at the warm breath. Nodding, the two Sisters retreated from the room with one more salute, leaving the Knight-Sergeant to cast her pale, yet burning gaze into both Saul and Kharyck. Apparently the Dwarf had hit a nerve.

Saul Talith | Kharyck Khrord

Saul remained quiet for a few moments. This was something he truthfully had not thought of.

Time passed differently for different species. For the Elves it had only been one or two since the last Schism, for the dwarves three or four, but for humans? For humanity five generations...perhaps more had passed since the final schism. That wasn't even to speak of the first.

Memories of that time had been lost long ago, and although a few books remained in the Archive it would have been a lie to say that such a time still stuck in the memory. He had, truthfully never really considered that this would be an obstacle. "I cannot claim to know that pain."

He stated plainly.

"For my people, for the Broken Sword, memories of the Schism's are...distant to say the least." Slowly the Commander walked around a decrepit table, a mark of the old Order carved into it's center. "The truth is I cannot make any such promise."

"I can only say that my men and I hold no hate in our heart for your Chapter, nor any that seek to rid this world of evil." He tapped the side of the table. "There will undoubtedly be some who oppose this, the Jade being one of them."

Saul knew of them of course, the Sect was more than famous within the Templar for being outright extremists. They banned all practice of ritual, even Anti-magic. They were men with more hate in their heart than they knew what to do with, slaughtering entire villages for even having been touched by a passing mage.

"Lines will be drawn." His knuckles rapped against the table. "And before we are done blood will be spilled again."

He would be truthful with them now. "But I aim to see us unified once more."

Saul enunciated hard, driving through the understanding that this was his work, and not necessarily that of his Lord Captain's. They could take that as they would.

"Lady Sothrilsil still teaches us to be wary of the other Chapters. You seek to rebuild the fracture, what promises can you provide that the same death that happened on these very plains will not repeat itself once more, when you know very well even the Order of Broken Swords only holds we gifted-folk tolerated in their hearts, are we supposed to join in camaraderie when that is all we are to you, tolerated?"

The dwarven templar turned to look fully at the elf.

"You speak of mere tolerance of your people, Sergeant, yet assume that the looks your Swordsisters have given both myself and the Commander go unseen." There was no true heat in his words, as his intention was to only show the hypocrisy. "We all have work to do. We, all of us here, wish to do the same work. Yes, the Schisms happened. Yes, my home has archives of what happened, they are quite detailed on the aftermath within Kor Gorum, and have a limited account of what happened to a few other chapters. There were mistakes made, evil was done. That does not mean, however, that we need to accept that the dream has failed. The Templars survive, we can do more together, and it will take time, but it is worth doin."

"Lines will be drawn." His knuckles rapped against the table. "And before we are done blood will be spilled again."

He would be truthful with them now. "But I aim to see us unified once more."

"Ye've got my axe laid alongside your sword, Commander." Kharyck said with a nod, turning to Saul Talith, "though I can't speak for Kor Gorum as of yet..."

Fëanáro Elrohir

"You speak of mere tolerance of your people, Sergeant, yet assume that the looks your Swordsisters have given both myself and the Commander go unseen."

"Stay your tongue, Dwarf." Fëanáro snapped defensively, her face that of both shock and insult. "You dare question the integrity of our hospitality?" She challenged further, pale gaze piercing Kharyck. "We have broke bread with our Templar brothers, offered you shelter and asked nothing in return but mutual respect. Perhaps being locked beneath the mountains of Kor Gorum all of these years has made your people forget we have no quarrel with your kind." She quipped as sharp as her ears, before turning to Saul.
"I will not offer the swords of my Sisterhood so readily for something that may indeed be nothing but a short-lived..." Her gaze moved to Kharyck pointedly. "... Fools errand without first conferring with them." She stated, picking her helm from the table and placing it beneath her arm, she was done with the Dwarf breaking her cool demeanor. "You speak with a vigor I respect Commander Talith, but the Mehtayar Order has existed alone just fine for many, many generations and will continue to do so, with or without the rest of you." With that, she saluted the pair and moved smoothly towards the exit and out into the courtyard, immediately flanked by two Swordsisters who had apparently been stood either side of the door the whole time.

Fëanáro marched with a purpose towards her tent, through the human Templar encampment, ignoring the trailing gaze of the men as they sat around their fires, eating the rations her Sisters had so readily provided. She stopped briefly to speak with one of her Knights with cascading auburn locks.
"Sister Erynel, have Scryer Faylen seek commune with Lady Sothrilsil before nightfall. I wish to know her opinion on Commander Talith and his Broken Swords, tell her he has offered an alliance, a wish to repair the tear in our Orders." She explained, stroking her somewhat pointed chin with the back of a forefinger in thought. "And inform her the Templars of Kor Gorum have a representative present also." She nodded and with a salute Erynel marched off towards a gathering of tents by the gate.

Turning back towards the structure she had left, Fëanáro could not help but wonder if this was indeed the start of something greater. Only time would tell if the wounds of the past could be healed, but time was something the race of Man did not have on their side. Shaking her head, she entered her tent and dropped the curtain behind her.

Well, this was never going to be easy. Saul had known that for a fact before he'd ever even sent out the letters.

Reuniting the Chapters was something of a pipe dream from the perspective of many, Templars included. The three schisms had been hard, not just on the Order but most of Arethil. When the first had erupted the Templar had been a powerful force in the world, strong enough to challenge most of the nations and cities who held authority.

Now? Now they could barely get a meeting with a minor noble. At least in most places. ”The hesitation is understandable.”

Saul commented quietly to the dwarf.

”Many of the Chapters do not see them as far off from the people we hunt.” Mages were a touchy subject for any group of Templar. Even his own Order would have balked at the idea of allowing pyromancers among their ranks. It was a bit hypocritical given Saul's own nature, but many of the Broken Sword did not consider anti-magic to be one of the disciplines at all. ”I can list half a dozen that would slaughter them all.”

His voice was even, though he left something unsaid.

Elven Templar had always been some of the most gifted, magical or not. The species was an old one, and their martial talents equaled only by the greatest warriors of other races. ”Give them time.”

He was confident they would see the light, they had too.

Otherwise the darkness would overtake them all.

Anastasia stepped forward from the crew of twelve Saul had brought at his back, the woman nondescript but protective in the way she kept an eye on Saul and the others who stood closest to him. She pulled off her helmet to reveal an expression pinched with worry. She held it to her and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"That still went well. Maybe there's more hope to this cause than we thought." And by we, she meant her. She squeezed at his armored shoulder, then pulled back, giving him space as she moved towards a campfire. She glanced at the way the elves departed, a thought on her mind.

If she could just gain a private word with that leader. Something the elf had said had bothered her. She believed she could give Saul the help he needed to sway their minds. She bit her lip and glanced over her shoulder, wondering if she had the balls to break protocol and sneak into that tent herself.

How well was it guarded, anyways?

• Yay
Reactions: Saul Talith
Calariel had been sent by the Lord Commander to attend the meeting in Herath to see what use could be gotten out of the meeting of the different sects of templars. The Order of the Sacred Rose was not a large order, at least not compared to the templars of old, but they could still count at least two hundred in their ranks.

The decision for the order to attend the meeting proposed by the human sect had not been an unanimous one, and something that Calariel herself had fought hard to achieve. The other three captains had been skeptical of the human templar sect, this Order of the Broken Sword, and had spoken outright of their opinion that they should ignore if and continue to be on their own, just as they had been since the schisms that had broken apart the mighty templars that used to be one. Fortunately, Lord Commander Hatholdir had allowed himself to be persuaded to just see if any good could be achieved out of his meeting. The old elf’s affection for his charge could not go unnoticed to anyone, and these coupled with her outlandish beliefs had caused her to be somewhat of a outcast among her peers.

Her arrival must have been late, for there were already encampments made for two templar sects, one human and the other elf. Mehtayar, if she remembered correctly, judging by their half moon emblem. The captain told her twelve to set up their own camps, herself heading to the Courtyard for the meeting.

She approached a tall armoured figure who she assumed to be Commander Talith of the Broken Swords. Calariel promptly removed her helmet before she introduced herself and apologised for her lateness. “Greetings Commander Talith. I am Knight-Captain Calariel Halorien representing the Order of the Sacred Rose. I apologise for our late arrival. We were held up by some undead rabble along the way.” Without waiting for the human templar to reply, she continued. “Lord Commander Hatholdir is favourable of this meeting and your intentions and I am here to represent him and the order in such matters.”

Saul Talith

Last edited:
"I think it went better than expected." Saul said with an honest smile, taking off his helmet and running his fingers through long jet black hair.

In truth he had expected the other Templar to call him a fool and then proceed to kick him out of the ancient fortress with about as much vigor as could be mustered. A few of the letters from other Chapter's had implied that he was a heretic and should be burned, so the reaction so far was...mild to say the least.

Better than mild, good really. "I'm sure we can co-"

Saul cut himself off as another Elf approach. At first he thought she might have been a part of Mehtayar's revenue, but as she drew closer the heraldry on her armor made it obvious he was wrong. He waited for a few seconds until she approached, her voice that same even tone that all Elves seemed to have.

A smile touched his lips as she spoke, his face very nearly splitting into a grin.

"I am glad you could make it, Knight-Captain." He said with a short respectful bow. "And even more glad to hear your intent."

Saul was practically beaming. "Most of our brothers have already set up camp, I'm not sure if others will show, but I'd be happy to tell you what I've said to those already here."

He glanced at Anastasia for a moment, perhaps she could talk to the other Elves.

The reaction her announcement had made could be seen immediately, and Calariel found herself bowing in return before she returned the smile to her human counterpart as his happiness was made known to all present.

She knew that this meeting was a controversial one to many templars and some of them could possibly have had rather nasty words sent Commander Talith’s way, so his delight was more than understandable. While the other templars in her order had been more than happy to remain on their own, the Knight-Captain shared in Saul’s dream and hopes of restoring the fractured templars to something greater than their current pitiful state.

This was one of the reasons she had fought so hard for this despite the strong objections from her peers. Calariel replied with delight and a warm smile. “Wonderful Commander! By all means, feel free to go ahead. I’ll be more than happy to listen. I’m all ears.” She wasn't quite sure if the commander got the joke. Making jokes at inopportune moments was just one of the many outlandish behaviour she was known so well for.

Last edited:
"As I stated in my letter." The beginnings of it anyway. He had not wanted to be entirely to the point or too detailed in a piece of parchment. There were still elements inside of his own Chapter that thought this foolish, if not outright treacherous.

Something Ana had warned him about.

"I wish to see the Order working together once more." He paused for a second, then continued. "I realize that complete Reunification is...unlikely at this point, though it is my dream to see it in my lifetime."

A laughably short amount of time for someone like her, he knew that, but he would be honest. "But greater cooperation is something we can achieve here."

Even if it only included three separate Chapters.

"Once upon a time the Templar could take on entire nations. We marched on fortresses, tore down cities plagued by undead, and dethroned Kings who'd fallen to Blood Magic." All famous stories. "I want that once more. I want us to work together, to have actual influence again, the ability to make this world better. Not just chip away at the evil on the surface."

Calariel nodded in response to the what the commander said. It was something she wished for to, and decades had gone by, and yet her dream had yet to make even a slight progress to what she'd wanted it to be. This human, Saul Talith had been the one the make the first move, and it was in this that he had earned her respect, admiration even for making the first move. That was definitely commendable, and earned him more than a couple points in her books.

"For what it's worth. I'm with you. I've shared the same dream with you for decades and finally we are one step closer to achieving that goal, no matter how far that may turn out to be. For your sake, I hope we'll achieve it in your lifetime."

Humans lived short lives even if they tried their best, and the knight-captain had no idea if they could even manage such a gargantuan task or dream even. "For now, at least we can continue to work together, officially or not. You'll have my cooperation, and those of my brothers and sisters. I want us to work together. Elf and Human."

They may not end up getting the support of the entire order just yet, but then again one couldn't expect such changes over such a short period of time. At least this was as great a starting point as any.

Anastasia perked and the unspoken suggestion she speak to the other elves. Saul always seemed to sense her intentions without her saying them, that's what made him such a great leader. The permission to follow her gut left her jumping to her feet, nodding in acknowledgement to Saul as she started towards Fëanáro Elrohir 's tent.

She glanced over her shoulder as she left, catching hint on the news the new elf brought with her. Ana smiled to herself, rapping lightly on the tent pole.

She ducked in with an apologetic grimace, holding back the flap and remaining politely at the door jam. "I know this is improper of me. But I would appreciate it if I could speak to you for a moment?" She implored, her tone soft and expression genuine.

Elf and Human. Once, that would have simply been Templar.

Though the Order had always been zealous, had always crusaded against the evil of the world, they had never particularly cared about species. The histories were clear on that. It didn't matter if you were Elf, Human, or even Goblin. As long as you fought against the dark Templar didn't care.

Some species stretched the limits of that of course, a few whom were more...inclined towards the darkness, but even they had been allowed once the proper precautions had been taken. "Excellent."

He said with a smile.

"My hope is to convince all those who came here, and for them to convince their Chapters." The more difficult task truthfully. "My own is...hesitant."

Saul admitted quietly. "The Lord Captain allowed me to come here, but the other two Commanders will...oppose this move."

He left unsaid what that would mean for him.

• Yay
Reactions: Calariel Halorien
"I know this is improper of me. But I would appreciate it if I could speak to you for a moment?"

Fëanáro was cut short by the rather sudden and somewhat invasive arrival of the human she did not recognise. Uncertain if it was sheer confidence or a lack of social ability, Elrohir looked rather dumbfounded at the situation, as did the Elf at her side who she had been conversing with. Both women looked to one another, before the second dipped her head and moved past Anastasia and out of the tent, but not before giving her a judgmental look.
Folding her arms across her breast and raising her head, back straight, the Knight-Sergeant lifted her chin in a silent invitation to the tent, even if it was moot as the woman had invited herself in anyway apparently.

"Is it normal in your culture to invite yourself into another's abode with no request?" The Elf asked, her voice carried a little amusement on it, even with a hint of venom in her words. "You should be glad I am proper, or else I would have word with your Commander." She was only half threatening it seemed, by the small perk of the corner of her lip.
Moving across the tent the woman poured herself a glass of red Fal'Addasian berry wine. The tent itself was rather homely considering it's short-term purpose, warm and lit well by the hanging lanterns on the beams of the framework, a collapsible hide bed covered in high quality furs and an area with a dark wooden writing board on the floor, with an inkwell and writing materials, a cushion for the writer to sit upon when no table and chair was possible.

Resting against one of the inner poles holding the whole thing up, she gestured with two fingers from the goblet. "Speak your mind, let us hope you have a good reason for interrupting my business." She ordered, her features hardening and her voice holding a smooth, yet demanding tone to it, as though any amusement the woman could muster had been used up.

• Yay
Reactions: Calariel Halorien
Elf and Human. Once, that would have simply been Templar.

"My hope is to convince all those who came here, and for them to convince their Chapters." The more difficult task truthfully. "My own is...hesitant."

Saul admitted quietly. "The Lord Captain allowed me to come here, but the other two Commanders will...oppose this move."

"It seems we find ourselves in the same boat." The knight-captain pondered for a brief moment before she continued.

"My own is hesitant as well, as most elves are."

She and her followers had been the sole force fighting for a chance to attend this meeting today so that they could be one step closer towards any form of reunification and cooperation, and she had fought hard for it.

"The other three knight-captains have disagreed on this move since the very beginning,and will most likely oppose it as well. The Lord Commander was favourable about the meeting when I left, but who knows where his mind would be now?"

Truly, Lord Commander Hatholdir had only agreed because of her influence, but without her there, the other Knight-Captains might already be working on changing his mind.

The road for them ahead would be difficult, that was true, but Calariel wasn't about to give up just yet.

• Yay
Reactions: Anastasia