Open Chronicles Aren't We All Running?

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Heskan

Character Biography
Link
Heskan Noscales walked through the many stalls and tables of Bhathairk's great bazaar. He wore a long dark blue cloak that had seen better days. Even though he was far from the monastery, he took great caution to hide his appearance and to cover up his tattoos he didn't want a fight on his hands if he ran into any undercovered Ioth Ir. But despite his mild paranoia, never in his life had he seen so many people, and so many things. A skinny elf in war paint and wearing nothing but a fur loincloth selling beautifully handcrafted bows and hunting equipment. He was defiantly going to spend a few days here and speak with the locals.

His nose led him to a jolly old dwarf who shoved the best meat stew he had ever tasted right in his mouth without him ever asking. Heskan without a second thought bought a bowl and another and another until he damned near cleaned the dwarf out.

"Easy there laddy, eat anymore and you might explode!"

"I'm sorry, I just realized I had eaten anything in days" Heskan wiped off his mouth and dropped his coins on the dwarf's stall. "You've been very kind, and I hate to bother you anymore but do you know where a bodyguard such as myself could find some work around here?"

The dwarf pondered for a moment stroking his thick black beard and looked up at Heskan. Without even a second thought it Heskan copied him. When in foreign places do as the locals do.

"If ya head into that tavern there, I'm sure there's something there for ya" And with his short stubby finger the dwarf point over toward a building just past the elf he saw earlier. Heskan bowed to the dwarf and thanked him for his help.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Maranae and TTamark
Jaken was leaned on a wall in his human form, thinking what he could do after the sun falls down, he would hunt, most likely, but that was just repeating what he has done for the last 3 days. It was exciting, sure, seeing the prey full of terror before he dug his wolf claws into it. It had always made him feel powerfull. The werewolf inside him.... so mighty.... so strong.... fearless...
As he stood there, he saw a man walking towards where he was. Maybe he was heading for the tavern entrance besides him, after all, it was the famous tavern of the place, so that wouldn't bother him. Besides, he had seen so many peole walk in and out, what could one more bring to the list?
He saw tattoos on the man's arm. He didn't had any opinion of them, but it was the most interesting thing in the place other than the salesman and things on sale. He was temppted to buy one artifact, but he reallly didn't needed them: bow? He already got his scoped crossbow. Swords? He was into knives. Explosives? He could make them with anything lying on the ground and a spark with his trusty lighter. Food? He could hunt for it....
He didn't noticed that he had made visual contact with the tattoed man for long, the man was staring at him.
Jaken just looked away.