LFG 1x1 Angels and Demons and Goetia

Rainer

Venandi
Character Biography
Link
I've always been sort of fascinated with the study of angels and demons, or more importantly, the lore around their interactions. Movie series like the Prophecy, Constantine, Legion, etc. Where the movie/show details out not only what might be contemporary or traditional views, but also the more humanistic infighting and vying of power that would typically be seen as "beneath" these celestial beings (yeah, demons fighting is par for the course). And while I'm not sure where Angel's fit into the overarching lore of chronicles, Demon's are fairly ubiquitous - they fit many molds.

What are demons, what are their motives, and what drives them to interact with the living world. When they appear, are they presentations or avatars or the real deal? The Witcher series dealt with this a bit when detailing out Goetia, which was the forbidden form of magic that was effectively the fancy way of describing cross-road demons that give bounty for sacrifice (yeah, I'm looking at you Dean Winchester). But what that is actually a reference to is the Ars Goetia, which is derived from the Lesser Key of Solomon, and attempts to define the hierarchy of demons (Goetials - 72 in all with legions, standing, and virtues). Needless to say that it's an interesting topic that I've attempted to put into a few of a characters. If not directly, then in passing.

Long story short, with Halloween upon us, I figured I would reach out to the community at large to do some form of demon themed story where we effectively draw a demon from a hat and see how it avails itself. Maybe a town is overtaken by a plague because someone wished for something too ambiguous, maybe a witch has to be stopped before letting loose the 'real' version of one of the named demons, etc. etc. I have a few characters that could work for it.

• Rainer Venandi - Vampire monster hunter (basically from the Witcher but with a Vampire spin). He's had a one off interaction with a particular demon, so it's not his first rodeo (but hardly common place)
  • Lazarus of Minaris - Ship captain who, from a very early age, was more or less marked by one of these demons. He specialized in Goetia and has had untold misfortune brought upon him for that very reason.
  • Callisto Depraysie - Mage, selfish and self-centered, who would likely be the sort of person to try and make a deal with a demon.
I'm not as fast of a poster as I used to be, but I have a spot of time this week on account of living out of hotel while doing field work. So feel free to hit me up if you're interested.

• Yay
Reactions: Wren and Radovid
I'll be running the Halloween lootrunners mini-event with a big baddie that might fit into your plans here.

Let me know if you'd be interested in combining the two ideas. I could also use some help running the event and would be open to having your help!