Smiling One

Heartbreaker and Life Taker
Banned
Character Biography
Link
(OOC:
)

proxy.php

Fairbarin considered to be the home of the Halflings though there are many other tribes scattered through out Arethril, Fairbarin sticks out due to it being most densely populated Halfling settlement. Fairbarin is one of the most peaceful settlements Willis known if not the most peaceful, with its inhabitants going on with their day to day business farming, spreading gossip, drinking and smoking under the warm Sun without a care in the world. Most people around Arethril besides Allira of course are unaware of Fairbarin they're so peaceful they're boring. Willis has met plenty of Halflings as a child and while he liked their lax view on life, the way they lived was slothful and was rooted to only their home. Willis could never stay put in one place no matter how hard he tried.

The young man arrived at Fairbarin after being inspected by the Allrian Rangers who patrol the Halfling territory, Willis headed for the mayor's Halfling hole which sat atop of Fairbarin. Willis passed by Halflings who were smoking, farming and overall having a good time, he couldn't help but smile a bit as much as he didn't care for the Halfling lifestyle he had to admit it he does like the peaceful attitude that Halflings created. It helps that not many species care about the Halflings since they don't go out of their way to be anything special though there were exceptions through out their history. The young man arrived at the mayor's place and knocked, "let's see what contract they have for me," he said.

Veris Thymae

Veris arrived in the town sometime in the night when things were quieter. He found that entering new places at such times was ideal as it lowered the chance of confrontations. It was an interesting place quite unlike any he had traveled to before. The buildings seemed to be of a strange size and shape and were covered in plants and dirt. He recognized some fields of farming crops which seemed to contort his face into a smile. Veris supposed that it reminded him of his home and the plants that resided there. Though he made note that his plants were much more lively than the ones he saw before him.

When the day came Veris understood more about why the buildings were so strange. The people inhabiting the town seemed to all be smaller than most others he encountered. He figured it was only logical that they build smaller places if they didn't need larger spaces. Soon he also came to the positive conclusion that the people of the town were more peaceful than most. It was an ideal situation for him as it eliminated one of the common problems he faced in villages. Though he soon realized another problem had begun to sprout. He could feel dehydration begin to take root in his body and so he began to seek a place to obtain nourishment.

It took him a while of searching as he failed to see any of the recognized signs of a place for drinking. Eventually though he did manage to set his sights on a man who appeared to be larger than the others. Naturally he assumed the man was large because of this and began to approach him. Veris made his way up to the man knocking on the door to one of the buildings and began to speak. "Are you the person in charge of this place?" He would ask the man without making any other efforts to acquire his attention.

• Cheer
Reactions: Smiling One
Willis took out a folded piece of paper from his little black bag, it was the contract he picked up from the notice board in the outer area of Alliria. An letter of urgency from the current Fairbarin Mayor: Seamus Diddlesworth. When Willis first swiped it off the notice board he noticed the ink parchment was neat and the ink was still fresh. It seemed that the notice was just posted which was somewhat rare for as far as Monster Hunter contracts were concerned.

Monster Hunters are uncommon even in the most populous areas so contracts can go unfulfilled for months before a Monster Hunter could picked. The Halflings should be grateful that Willis managed to grab it early, squinting due to the bright Sun Willis reread the notice:

To any Monster Hunters in Alliria,

I, Seamus Diddlesworth mayor to the Halfling settlement: Fairbairin issue this contract to you. Three days ago one of our very own: Thomas Bandybuck has gone missing, he was last seen walking through the gardens in Fairbarin smoking Pipeweed. In addition ever since his disappearance, our beautiful Sunflowers have been drying up and giant Insects have destroyed our crops and more importantly our people have been seeing images of a large plant like monster in the night. As soon as our farmers get a closer look it vanishes leaving behind traces of sand!

Please whomever takes care of these beasts and finds Thomas back safe and sound shall be rewarded generously. If you are reading this Monster Hunter meet me at my seat of power located at Goodwort hill the Allrian Hunters will let you pass if you show them this letter as well as your Monster Hunter badge.

"Are you the person in charge of this place?"

Willis immediately turned around and his eyes immediately shot up in shock to see a man? No an Azure in these parts? Someone like him are very rare considering that their race was driven to extinction by King Grichen during the Age of Expansion. "If this was my home," Willis smirked. "I don't think would build it to the point where I can barely fit inside."

The young man crossed his arms. "Are you an Azure?" he asked. "Never seen you before? Name's Willis Reede, I'm a Monster Hunter contracted to slay some beasts in Fairbarin."

Veris Thymae

Last edited:
"If this was my home," Willis smirked. "I don't think would build it to the point where I can barely fit inside."
Upon hearing the man's reply Veris would look him up and down before casting a quick glance at the building behind him. "I suppose that would be strange." He would say slightly puzzled in response. His head would tilt a bit as he wondered how he missed the quite obvious size difference between the man and the building. Perhaps it had looked slightly bigger from where he had originally seen it. Though it was more likely that he had just focused a bit too intently on the man himself.

"Are you an Azure?" he asked. "Never seen you before? Name's Willis Reede, I'm a Monster Hunter contracted to slay some beasts in Fairbarin."
It would seem that Veris was not alone in having a misperception. He had believed the man in front of him, Willis, to be the leader of the settlement. Willis seemed to believe he was, or at least might be, something known as an Azure. Being unfortunately all too familiar with misunderstanding Veris sought to clear things up as quickly as possible. "I don't believe I am. Though I am unfamiliar with Azures and I know not what constitutes being one." He'd say to Willis almost as if he wasn't quite sure of the answer. "I don't think we've ever met before Willis. My name is Veris Thymae and I am a wandering mage." Veris would say in response with a tip of his hat before continuing. "This is my friend plant." He'd finish off his introduction by motioning to the leaves atop his head which would quiver slightly in response.

Having discovered the man was not who he was looking for, Veris considered walking off to continue his search. Though the last part of Willis' statement seemed to catch his attention for some reason. It could just simply be that he was concerned he might have trouble later with whatever beasts the Monster Hunter was contracted to slay. For if the village, Veris now knew was called Fairbarin, felt they required the assistance of a Monster Hunter, it was reasonable to assume the beast was a large problem. Though it seemed to stick in his mind for more reason than that. Fairbarin was one of the nicest places Veris had been to in a while. It was filled to the brim with plants of all kinds and the people didn't even glance at him strangely. The village in a way reminded him of his home. Just the thought that a beast was harming the village, especially its plant life, seemed to provoke a protective response from Veris.

Shaking his head slightly Veris would begin to speak again making very direct eye contact with Willis. "A beast has no place in a peaceful town such as this. Might I assist you in the slaying of whatever is plaguing the area?" He'd ask Willis before remembering something important. Good deeds were usually rewarded with things such as money and most people weren't keen on sharing rewards with others. "Whatever reward is given for completing this task is yours, I just wish to help." He'd add so hopefully the Monster Hunter would be more likely to accept his request.

Smiling One

(Smiling one invited me in)

Fairbarin, a beautiful, petite little village that was definitely pleasant. Gurnam had seen that they needed help and he needed coin, not to say that he wasn’t going to be glad to help. He walked through the towns roads, looking for the house of the mayor so that he can’t ask after the problem. With some directions he was able to find the door and knock on it. He waited patiently, and heard some small snippets of the problem through the door. Something about a beast, and it not belonging there or something.

And so he waited, and when the door was opened. “Hi, this is where I come to for the bounty right? Sorry if I’m late.”

The Azure or plant like person seemed confused at Willis' remark and claimed that he wasn't which disheartened the young man. When he was a boy, Willis always wanted to see an Azure. Legends stated that they taught the races of Arethril magic, the Azure race were essentially magic made flesh. Of course King Grichen in his self righteous holy crusade against everyone who didn't share his religion had to fuck everything up. Great Kingdoms, secrets and races were wiped out during the Age of Expansion starting with the Azure whom Grichen claimed them to be a blight on the world.

Now and days, the Azure very rare with people seeing one once every century. "A wondering mage eh?" Willis said curious about Veris. He raised an eyebrow when the plant mage pointed at the leaves growing from his head and calling it: Plant. "I know plants are living things," Willis said. "But I never knew one to actually treat them like a pet."

He was disappointed that Veris wanted to tag along, Halflings usually pay generously when it comes to Monster Hunting contracts Willis didn't feel like splitting the wealth with other people especially if they're not Monster Hunters but the more the merrier. "Sure," Willis shrugged. "What the Monster is that's what I'm going to find out if this guy would just open the damn door."

Willis knocked on the wooden door his knocks more forceful and loud this time. Flecks of blue wood were stuck on his knuckles. Clearly Seamus needed a repaint his door, the damn thing's paint was peeling off. Just then another man appeared behind him: A mage who asked about the bounty. "The more the merrier don't tell me the Allrian Rangers are just allowing anyone," Willis sighed. "The names Willis and the plant man is: Veris."

The young man sighed. "Say once we get paid can we split the gold like: 60-20-20? Mayor Diddlesworth did ask for a Monster Hunter and I'm the only one here."

Veris Thymae

• Yay
Reactions: Kiros Rahnel
Veris was glad that the man decided to allow him to help track down the beast stalking the town. He was about to ask if Willis knew anything about the creature. Though before he did Willis mentioned he had yet to find out himself. Apparently the man inside the building before them had information about the creature and the monster hunter had been waiting to be let him. As Veris watched him knock on the door once more, he wondered if he might damage the door. Some of the paint appeared to come off on his hand, but the door appeared intact.

"Perhaps the man isn't inside?" Veris would say to Willis as they waited in front of the house. It seemed strange to him that the man wouldn't open the door after such a loud knocking. Though before Veris could think about it too much another man appeared behind them. It seemed that he, like Willis, had come here to take the bounty of the creature. "I don't believe you're late, as the beast still lives." He would say to the newcomer after Willis introduced the both of them. Then he'd listen as Willis offered to split the reward with the two of them. "I have no issues with that decision it is only fair." He would reply as he looked to the other man to see what he had to say.

Gurnam

• Cheer
“Great! My name is Gurnam, it’s a pleasure to meet you both. Veris and Willis’s right? I may ask again, I’m terrible with names, I apologize in advance.” He said with a shy smile. “I’m a mage myself. I specialize in earth and wind magics of an older sort, and by earth I don’t mean plants I mean spikes of stone and earthquakes.”

He was wearing some leather armor that protected his chest thighs and shoulders, everything else was covered in just clothes. He had a large satchel which contained a book, a smaller notebook and charcoal pencils. He was a generally friendly guy albeit a little awkward and evidently trying not to be too shy, talking to them outright seemed to make him uncomfortable.

• Cheer
Gurnam seemed to be just as eccentric as Veris Willis gave a curt nod but he wondered how the Allrian Rangers didn't interrogate them like they did with him. Considering the pact that was made between the Allria and Halflings of Fairbarin, the Allrian Rangers would sometimes patrol the forests surrounding Fairbarin and would question any outsiders heading to Fairbarin's direction.

"Good to meet you Gurnam," Willis mumbled growing more and more impatient with Seamus. At least the two of them don't mind a reduced pay. It was only fair this job is more suited for a Monster Hunter. Willis sighed knocking the door again feeling half tempted to kick it open. Time is coin and Diddlesworth is doing nothing but pissing Willis off. If the situation was so dire, why the fuck isn't he arriving on time? That's life as a Monster Hunter. The worst isn't tracking, preparing and fighting the Monster who is often bigger, faster and stronger than you it's dealing with these damn clients with their lateness and pay. They're worse than bureaucrats.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" A squeaky voice said from behind the door. Willis could hear the Halfling's large bare feet thumping against the ground as the door opened revealing a round Halfling with grey curly hair and a double chin which wobbled with every step he took. He also wore thin glasses with golden rims around it. "Ah you must be the Monster Hunters!" The Halfling said. "I'm Mayor Seamus Diddlesworth! I appreciate you three to come along so quickly! Forgive my tardiness! I was just finishing my second breakfast!"

"Second breakfast?" Willis raised an eyebrow he remembered as a child that he was lucky enough to get food at all. How rich were these Halflings.

"Come in! Come in! We have a lot to talk about!" Seamus ushered the three inside his Halfling Hole. "Make yourself comfortable! Would you like some bacon and eggs? Some tea perhaps?"

"You can get me the former," Willis said looking around, the Halfling hole was quite cozy and expansive with trinkets hung neatly on the walls. A giant hearth was seen ahead of the trio as giving the home a warm and comfortable feeling.

"Nice place," Willis wanted to say but instead he collided head first with with the metal chandelier. "Ah shit!" The young man rubbed his forehead which had a tiny bit of blood.

"I forgot to say to watch your step!" Seamus gave an sheepish smile. "We don't get that many outsiders in Fairbarin."

"I can tell," Willis grumbled still rubbing his forehead.

Veris Thymae

When the home's occupant opened the door Veris was surprised at the man's proportions. He was shorter like the others in the town had been, but at the same time, he was quite large. Veris' first thought was that the man seemed almost rotund like the bulb of a plant. It seemed strange that someone could be simultaneous so large and small at the same time, though he supposed anything was possible.

He would go inside with the others but wouldn't speak. None of the offerings of food could really hold any interest to Veris as he couldn't really eat any of it. Well, he could eat it but it would be pointless as most cooked foods didn't hold much of the things he needed to survive. Being much shorter than Willis he wouldn't hit his head on anything and didn't even need to pay much mind to the ceiling. The space was a bit tight for him, especially with his hat and leaves, but not really uncomfortably so. Though when he noticed that Willis' head was bleeding a bit, he wondered if it hurt badly. Veris would think to himself that something should be done about his pain so it wouldn't affect his performance in a fight later.

Veris would set his staff carefully against the wall to his right so that it wouldn't fall. Then he reached out with his left hand and tapped on Willis' shoulder as he reached into his bag with his right hand. From his bag, he would retrieve a single seed which he would hold out to the man in his palm. Though before Willis would be able to reach for the seed, it would begin to split open revealing a bit of green. A small sprout would form, growing out of the small seed. From the sprout would come a small bright green leaf that seemed to ooze a clear substance onto itself. "Place this leaf upon your wound." Veris would say simply as he moved his hand a bit closer to Willis. If he were to take the leaf and put it on his forehead it would stick in place wherever he placed it. After a few seconds, he would then feel a slight tingling sensation in his skin around and under the leaf, before it would fade along with any pain he had there.

• Popcorn
Gurnam was amused by the low chandelier collision, but kept his chuckling to himself. He followed closely, ducking low to keep from getting a concussion from running into doorframes. He followed the other two in and noticed how the plant mage gave Willis a leaf for the injury. That particular skill would come in useful most likely, he’d have to ask Veris about the basics of this magic so that he might study them. He loved knowledge more than anything, and he wanted to learn everything there was to learn, so he’d ask when the opportunity arose.

“I imagine it would have been ‘watch your head’.” He corrected, his social awkwardness not telling him that it didn’t need to be said.

• Thoughtful
More blood came seeping out from Willis forehead there was a shiny silver plate located above the hearth. Willis took a quick look at the reflection to see a noticeable gash on his forehead what kind of chandelier did this Halfling have? A brief peek showed that it was of Orcish design most likely from Bhatharik. The Orcs sure love their spikes almost as much as Goblins.

He sighed it looks like he'll have to get stitches for this gash it was a shame Azulian wasn't here, she would heal his wound though she would scold Willis for not paying attention. Azulian was such a Mom sometimes. It was then that Veris placed a leaf on Willis' forehead, the young man felt a tingle before the pain on his head subsided and the blood surrounding the wound dissipated. As soon as the mage removed the leaf, Willis immediately placed his hand on his forehead.

The gash was gone! As though it was never there. The young man stared at Veris with a slight smile on his face. "Thanks," he said. "That was some impressive healing, was that herbalism magic?"

Azulian would definitely like a mage like Veris.

Willis rolled his eyes at Gurnam as he awkwardly said to watch his head. "Thanks for the warning," he muttered but his tone wasn't out of malice especially with his injury gone. Seamus Diddlesworth had arrived with a plate of bacon and eggs as well as a white cloth. "Here you go!" The Halfling said who then noticed Willis' clean forehead. "Oh! Your injury has healed."

"Thanks to Veris," Willis sat on a wooden chair and began to eat. "So what's this monster we're dealing with?"

"Well," Seamus said. "There have been attacks by Giant bee like creatures in the meadows and our people have been seeing a huge creature shrouded in shadow but when they come to take a closer look, it disappears leaving behind grains of sand."

"That's..... something," Willis took a mouthful of scrambled egg. "What does this have to do with the missing Halfling."

"His name is Bungo Ostgood," Seamus said sitting down and drinking his morning Tea. "A brilliant Halfling, he's an investor in goods such as Windmills and other technology. He's also capable of magic, taught briefly at the College of Elbion about the theoretical practice of magic. Anyway things just went to pot ever since Bungo disappeared."

Willis frowned. "Go on," he said.

"Perhaps you could look around his home?" Seamus took out a silver key and gave it to Gurnam "Bungo is brilliant but reclusive. For the past few weeks he's been more evasive than usual and agitated. We didn't go in his home for fear it might be cursed so it's best to leave it to professionals."

Veris Thymae

• Yay
Reactions: Gurnam
(Smiling One invited me too :) )

Kiros had been travelling for days now as he trekked towards the town, a small sack of gathered belongings slung over his shoulder where what few odds and trinkets he'd managed to save clacked in tandem with each weary step he took. The sun had begun to set as he continued on over a rolling hillside where his eyes were happily met with the distant sight of a lit and lively village in the horizon; and after a brief pause of relief he continued on, eager and glad both to be at his destination and for the moment of rest and respite he so sorely needed by now.

He bid farewell to the Rangers who had inspected him as their paths parted and Kiros headed into the town; certainly nothing like he had ever seen before in his life! Such peace and quiet...if he didn't see it for himself he'd have remained in doubt that such a place could be. This warmed his spirits some; if he was to be doing something for coin, defending this fine land from the menacing threat of monsters would be a fine task indeed! And the recently impoverished priest certainly needed the coin...

It took a bit of wandering before he'd found the place, reaching into his pocket to pull out a tattered piece of parchment and taking a glance between it and the door before him to ensure he was at the right location. And with that, he gave the door a couple of raps and was let in, curious to learn more about both the task and village before him.

Last edited:
"Perhaps you could look around his home?" Seamus took out a silver key and gave it to @Gurnam "Bungo is brilliant but reclusive. For the past few weeks he's been more evasive than usual and agitated. We didn't go in his home for fear it might be cursed so it's best to leave it to professionals."

“Well then, if it’s cursed, then send me in first. I love curses!” He said excitedly. “So where might we find this Bungo’s home? If there is a curse, which is sadly doubtful, then the source of it can easily lead us to the culprit. Do we need a key to get in or is it unlocked?”

Gurnam was an inquisitive man, very inquisitive, and sought out all information he could get his hands on. So a lot of questions would leave his mouth during this particular adventure.

Kiros Rahnel

The halfling who opened the door looked up at the man with a welcoming smile and warm words of greeting: "Ah, you must be with the other Hunters; right this way! Seamus is meeting with them now." Following along, slow footsteps foretold his approach as the rather tall priest made his way through the cozy hobbit hole in a half-hobble under the direction of the elderly halfling lady, the brass cap of his quarterstaff dragging along behind him as he made his way in. Rounding the corner, he looked to the others with a cordial smile; with no doubt these non-hobbits would be the ones he'd be working with. A warrior and a wizard, going by their style of dress. Yes, Kiros would be able to compliment their skills quite nicely. He treaded carefully towards his seat, ducking well beneath the chandelier that threatened to be his first nemesis of the day. Telltale scars atop his head were visible as he ducked low; evidence of his familiarity and painful experience dealing with low hanging fixtures - a constant enemy of the tall-statured.

"Hello!" He greeted them warmly in low, bassy voice. "I'm Kiros; I'm here for a job. I take it you must be my new colleagues?" he spoke as he took his seat, first turning to Willis and them Gurnam with a brief but firm handshake. "And a pleasure to meet you too Seamus; albeit under such displeasureable circumstances no doubt~" he continued, greeting the host with a handshake before he settled back into his seat; eager to hear what all this fuss would be about.

Kiros listened intently as Seamus repeated his recount of the situation. "I see...that's peculiar. So you think there's a connection? That does seem to be a start; you never know what sort of trouble can be sparked by sorcery~" he continued, taking a sudden pause mid sentence. "I-uh....mean no offence Gurnam...." he concluded his sentence sheepishly. "I meant to say that it would be best to rule that out first, yes." He continued, hoping this remark hadn't caused a rocky start with his new comrade...

"Well..." He continued to Gurnam; "I can't say I love curses, though I know the subject well too. Between the both of us, we ought to be well prepared for one, I’m sure!" he added with a cordial smile.

Last edited:
Oh great..... ANOTHER person barging in the Halfling hole asking about the damn contract. Willis briefly locked eyes on the man who unexpectedly entered the mayor's Halfling Hole. "Oh!" Sheamus got off from his chair waddling towards the man fervently shaking his hand. "It's so wonderful that people are answering my plea for help. I have always had faith in outsiders even the people of Fairbarin didn't! I guarantee that you will all be paid handsomely for this."

"For the record," Willis piped up sizing up the man, he was of average look and dressed like a mage. The young man sighed. "Well how else do you explain the fucking robes?" he thought. "I got this contract first so I get the biggest part of the payout all right?"

Seamus went back to the his chair sipping on some tea. "You can find Bungo's home at Westway well..... west from here. His house at the highest point of the hill, you can't miss it really and I don't think it's cursed rather we think it is."

The young man nodded. "All right," he mumbled getting up. "Let's get this done."

Gurnam

"Well..." He continued to Gurnam; "I can't say I love curses, though I know the subject well too. Between the both of us, we ought to be well prepared for one, I’m sure!" he added with a cordial smile.

“Sounds great мои друг (My friend)! I cannot wait to work with you and witness your particular brand of magic.” He said happily. “Perhaps we can exchange techniques!”

eamus went back to the his chair sipping on some tea. "You can find Bungo's home at Westway well..... west from here. His house at the highest point of the hill, you can't miss it really and I don't think it's cursed rather we think it is."

The young man nodded. "All right," he mumbled getting up. "Let's get this done."

“Agreed! Let us be off!” He said rising from his seat only to hit his head harshly on the ceiling. “Ow!”

He sighed, “should’ve seen that coming.”

"I got this contract first so I get the biggest part of the payout all right?"

His expression remained diplomatically cordial towards the younger man who too shared his thirst for coin. Was he about to haggle? And with the healer no less! "Well then..." he continued with his stoic face hiding the slightest of grins. Oh, he'd hear the terms. Not unusual for the young to be so hungry for coin. But pay follows work, Kiros knew, expecting the latter from the one who demanded the former. "I suppose you're telling me you're taking point." He spoke. "So what are your exact terms?"

He'd hear them first. A small cut in pay was a bargain to have a decoy of flesh and bone to draw the attacks of their foes. A large cut, he reasoned, would be an ample excuse to attempt negotiations again later... situational changes often have a way of enabling a healer to bargain from a position of strength.

“Sounds great мои друг (My friend)! I cannot wait to work with you and witness your particular brand of magic.” He said happily. “Perhaps we can exchange techniques!”

It was with relief that his new comrade remained friendly amidst his faux pas. He had no disdain for college magic, if anything a healthy respect for those able to weave it. But he did admit that there was solace and security in his divine magic, it would never work in new ways but would always work just as intended. Without the limitless possibilities of college magic sure, but also without the limitless consequences. "An inquisitive soul? Nor can I, you carry yourself as a man who knows much indeed! Yours is the presense of a seasoned wizard, I can bet."

“Agreed! Let us be off!” He said rising from his seat only to hit his head harshly on the ceiling. “Ow!”

At this, he doubled over in a subdued chuckle, shaking his head as he looked up at the sudden sharp thud. "Hah, no, not quite built to our stature is it?" He added as he slowly and carefully rose from his seat, and with but a whisper and a glow of light gently laid a finger over Gurnam's head. The sensation of pain, in whatever amounts they were present, would peacefully fade.

Last edited:
"My terms," Willis got up took out his red pipe from his black bag. "Are not to bitch and moan when your pay is less than mine. I got hold of the contract first and arrived at Mayor's place way before all you guys." As Willis placed some pipe weed into his pipe he stared at Veris Thymae . "Veris can vouch for me," he said sticking the pipe in his mouth and blowing a huff of smoke. "Besides, I'm a Monster Hunter so I charge extra."

"Settle down!" Seamus face became reddened with embarrassment, his cheeks wobbling uncontrollably. "Please I assure you gentlemen that you will all be well paid! Fairbarin may be a simple town because we are! But that doesn't mean we do not have compensation for all of you! Each minute that you keep arguing the chances of Bungo survive get slimmer."

"Don't worry," Willis chuckled puffing out more smoke. "Just setting some ground rules that's all," just then Gurnam banged his head against the chandelier causing Willis to grimace. "Gotta be careful," the young man said taking out a white cloth for Gurnam. "We're pretty much giants in these parts."

The Halflings Willis met outside of Fairbarin called outsiders "big people" that included the Dwarves who even towered over the Halflings. They were generally suspicious of outsiders preferring to keep to themselves and enjoy a simple life. Though there were many Halflings who were adventurous and often took advantage of their surprising athleticism.

"So," Willis said to the group. "Shall we depart?"

It was with relief that his new comrade remained friendly amidst his faux pas. He had no disdain for college magic, if anything a healthy respect for those able to weave it. But he did admit that there was solace and security in his divine magic, it would never work in new ways but would always work just as intended. Without the limitless possibilities of college magic sure, but also without the limitless consequences. "An inquisitive soul? Nor can I, you carry yourself as a man who knows much indeed! Yours is the presense of a seasoned wizard, I can bet."

“замечательно (wonderful)! I do indeed know much and I seek to know more!”

At this, he doubled over in a subdued chuckle, shaking his head as he looked up at the sudden sharp thud. "Hah, no, not quite built to our stature is it?" He added as he slowly and carefully rose from his seat, and with but a whisper and a glow of light gently laid a finger over Gurnam's head. The sensation of pain, in whatever amounts they were present, would peacefully fade.

He had rubbed his head to a dull throb when he came over Andy healed it for him. “Thanks, much obliged. You’ll have to teach me that, I imagine that with the amount of trouble my research has caused in the past, it may prove useful.”

"So," Willis said to the group. "Shall we depart?"

“I do believe that those words, even if rephrased, have been said thrice already.” He said leading the way to the door and opening it for everyone there before following them out.

"My terms," Willis got up took out his red pipe from his black bag. "Are not to bitch and moan when your pay is less than mine. I got hold of the contract first and arrived at Mayor's place way before all you guys."
Kiros retained his stoic gaze, his thick dark brows promptly furrowing into a sneer as the man continued his sentence not with numbers, but with angst! What sort of bargaining was this? Was this aversion to terms of pay yet another scam?

Fucking

Allirians!

Sure, the Kaliti he knew back home would scam you out of house and home - with perhaps even greater swiftness - but at least they had the gods damned decency to be upfront about it as they did! Kiros's normally calm and courteous tone had left him to unveil one of deep, growling spite:

“I do not give

a single serpent’s shit

if you have been waiting here,

head and thumb up arse,

since the dawn of fucking time!

When I speak ‘terms’, I speak numbers!

Or can y-”

Kiros stilled his voice with a sudden quiet as his attention turned from his own focused rant to the worrying pleas of Seamus, and his vicious sneer melted away as suddenly as he wore it into a face of concern and contrition. “I’m so very sorry, Seamus; please forgive my ill and unchecked manners for bringing such anger into your house. And please - I’ve no worries you won’t.” he spoke reassuringly. He did feel bad; and also that such words were well warranted.

He had rubbed his head to a dull throb when he came over Andy healed it for him. “Thanks, much obliged. You’ll have to teach me that, I imagine that with the amount of trouble my research has caused in the past, it may prove useful.”

"Ah; I would be happy to show you more; as much as you'd like! But I fear the inner workings of it is but a mystery to gods" he replied; doubtful of his ability to replicate it but doubtless of his great interest in magic. Though Kiros himself could not wield college magic, that unobtainable field of study held esoteric fascination in his mind! For a curious one as Gurnam, he mused, that might well be a likewise sentiment indeed.

Responding to calls to depart, Kiros spoke in a straightforward tone.

“We’ve held enough discussion here, yes...”

All of a sudden, Kiros Rahnel began to randomly yell at Willis over some semantics. Mayor Diddlesworth became so pale that Willis thought he looked a fat Snowman. It seemed that Seamus wasn't used to big people shouting but the young man found Kiros profanity ladden rant random and amusing. Willis said nothing but inhaled a puff of smoke into the air chuckling. "Boy that escalated quickly," he thought as Kiros words deflected off of him like a stone ricocheting off a shield.

"Of course," The Mayor blurted out taking out his pipe to smoke. "Just please I just don't want to have you fight amongst yourselves-"

"Don't worry," Willis smirked already out of the door. "We're all united by the love of coin. You'll have Bungo back soon enough."

(Tis is the third invite from Smiling One)

Tol had come to this small town a few nights ago in the search for something. What he was searching for he didn't know but what he did know was that it was something magical and that The Swamp wanted him to find it. One thing Tol learnt when traveling outside the Bayou was that he should only do it at night, not all Alliran Rangers are understanding of why a swamp troll would ever leave the Bayou so it was better to avoid them when possible.

For now Tol was in a little cave which he has turned into his makeshift home eating some cabbages he found while searching for what ever he was searching for last night. Honestly Tol was surprised at how much edible plants he could find just growing everywhere and it wasn't just cabbages but carrots and pumpkins too and a few other plants he had never learnt the names of. Tol was sure to test these other plants tonight and once he finds what he is looking for might stay an extra few more nights just for the abundance of easy to access food.