LFG Allirians Wanted

Acteon Cass

Character Biography
Link
Out of the big cities on the map, Alliria is sort of lagging behind. Lots of people are doing things in Vel Anir, Amol-kalit, Elbion, and even the Cortosi Coast, but Alliria and the Reach are mostly just backdrops for RP currently. No one is doing much to expand on their culture, society, and politics. It is mostly just people showing up in Alliria to head to the slums for criminals.

With all of that said I plan to begin working on that issue. It has always been my long term goal to bring Acteon up into the position of a Merchant Lord of Alliria and part of that is expanding upon the city, the people, and the region as a whole. I would love it if others are willing to join me in this. It does not matter to me if people are merchants, criminals, soldiers, sellswords, bard, scholars, or anything else the imagination can come up with. Alliria is the City of Fortune named after the goddess of luck and fortune herself. Let us till some fields, build some ships, and make a mountain of gold together.

Who cares to join me?

I’m very interested. Edit: my character is from a noble background, so I’ll try to keep it within reason. Don’t take it as though his position as a noble is something very high up the chain. He is at the lowest of nobles, so I’ll do my best. :)

• Yay
Reactions: Tzuriel Alanthis
Vincent Always a need for a good jackboot. Many a task can be solved as easily with a hammer as a scalpel after all.

Jexlt Warren No end to corruption in Alliria. Can't make it to the top of the merchant circle or criminal circle without doing some less than reputable things.

Amatrice Lorerince Well Alliria itself does not have nobles. It is a city of prominent merchant families. Think of Venice and many other of the old Italian city states post Roman Empire till the Italian unification. That is why the Cass family is not nobility but still functions in a similar way and is treated with the same level of regard as a noble family might in other places.

Buuuut the Reach is not directly controlled by Alliria. The region is just named after the city because of how dominate it is on the culture. Plenty of room for there to be little kingdoms and nobility out there. In fact I was thinking Acteon could push for Allirian to form a nation with the surrounding territory to form an odd democracy that has multiple Houses (similar to England) based on people's status. Was thinking like 3 houses with them being House of Coin (merchants), House of Lords (nobility/royalty), and House of Commons (everyone else). Just an idea to work with and could easily fit your noble background into the narrative of things.

Hope that interests you.

This character is closely tied with Alliria and is already a prominent (If not usually absent) figure in the Allirian council. He's called the merchant king. Give my character a look over, I'd love to be involved!

• Yay
Reactions: Amatrice Lorerince
Vincent Always a need for a good jackboot. Many a task can be solved as easily with a hammer as a scalpel after all.

Jexlt Warren No end to corruption in Alliria. Can't make it to the top of the merchant circle or criminal circle without doing some less than reputable things.

Amatrice Lorerince Well Alliria itself does not have nobles. It is a city of prominent merchant families. Think of Venice and many other of the old Italian city states post Roman Empire till the Italian unification. That is why the Cass family is not nobility but still functions in a similar way and is treated with the same level of regard as a noble family might in other places.

Buuuut the Reach is not directly controlled by Alliria. The region is just named after the city because of how dominate it is on the culture. Plenty of room for there to be little kingdoms and nobility out there. In fact I was thinking Acteon could push for Allirian to form a nation with the surrounding territory to form an odd democracy that has multiple Houses (similar to England) based on people's status. Was thinking like 3 houses with them being House of Coin (merchants), House of Lords (nobility/royalty), and House of Commons (everyone else). Just an idea to work with and could easily fit your noble background into the narrative of things.

Hope that interests you.
In that regard, I’ll have to shift around my background story and am rather eager to see this idea of Household family names meaning something. New era!

• Yay
Acteon Cass

I'm the tenderfoot around these parts, yet incidentally chose to have my Character use the Reach as my point of origin and home. I've yet to start or participate in a thread, and only just finished the first draft of my biography, but I saw this on Discord and figured if there's ever a place to start, it would be with Alex's own people.

Amatrice Lorerince Well I will not be moving for Acteon to aim for anything until after I have him reclaim some of what was taken form his family. He has goals and ambitions but not in the position just yet to move towards them. So as far as the political side of things go not sure just yet.

But with that said we can always sort out a good public thread for things. Maybe a big festival? Trading cities love to host those to bring in lots of outside coins after all. How does that sound?

Amatrice Lorerince Well I will not be moving for Acteon to aim for anything until after I have him reclaim some of what was taken form his family. He has goals and ambitions but not in the position just yet to move towards them. So as far as the political side of things go not sure just yet.

But with that said we can always sort out a good public thread for things. Maybe a big festival? Trading cities love to host those to bring in lots of outside coins after all. How does that sound?
That’s sounds cool, I haven’t experienced it.

• Yay