Open Chronicles Alliria

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Dulthir

Ceri shrugged lightly as they came to Alliria. She slowed a little, looking around cautiously. One couldnt tell how her presence would be taken so she kept her eyes on everyone around her.

Dulthir had his head on a swivel. Always leary of new towns or places. Karrazark sniffed and snorted, also on alert. Dulthir looked at Ceridwen.

"This Alliria, lass? The town ye spoke of?"
He continued looking around, taking in the surroundings and people.
Ceridwen

"This Alliria, lass? The town ye spoke of?"

She nodded her head as she walked quietly, tail lashing slowly, her ears twisting this way and that as she took in all the sounds of the bustling town.

“I think so, though I have never been here personally, it looks like what I have heard it was.” She smiled slightly, the corners of her beak lifting slightly again as she eyed him slightly. People eyed her massive form wearily, she tilted her head left and right slightly as she looked to them. She nodded her head lightly to the people looking to her nervously, hoping it would calm their nerves a little. She fluffed up her feathers as she watched the people, then turned her eyes back to Dulthir.

“I will let you talk to people, they maybe uncomfortable talking to me..” she chuckled.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Elliot Aldmar
Dulthir nodded. Although, most folks seemed uncomfortable talking to a dwarf also. But, he would try to gather some info. He stopped Karrazark and dismounted. He walked up.to one of the locals.
"Excuse me lass. Is this Alliria?"
The woman nodded, not saying a word.
"Excellent. Is there an inn where my friend and I cana get some rest?"
The woman got a look of disgust on her face. Dulthir wasn't sure if it was toward him, or his new friend. He felt his face get flush with anger.
"Well, hope that wasn't to fooking herd for ye, bitch."
He left it at that. Too much more he may have landed them in a heap of trouble. He looked to Ceri.
"That coont thar said thars an inn up yonder way. C'mon lass. I'll get us a couple rooms, and we can get some rest. What do ye say?"
Ceridwen

"Excuse me lass. Is this Alliria?"

Ceri watched as the woman simply nodded to her friend, saying nothing. Ceri tilted her head a little, unsure why that was.

"Excellent. Is there an inn where my friend and I cana get some rest?"

The look that passed over the woman's face was akin to her smelling something horrid and rotten. Ceri fluffed up more a frown passing over her beak as she shook her head slightly at the rudeness... but the woman likely had her reasons and it was not her problem.

"Well, hope that wasn't to fooking herd for ye, bitch."

Ceri blinked at his response, her ears twisting back slightly, resting against her skull as he spoke to her.

"That coont thar said thars an inn up yonder way. C'mon lass. I'll get us a couple rooms, and we can get some rest. What do ye say?"

She chuckled again, somewhat nervously. "Perhaps I should do the talking... " she laughed as she ducked her head from her bag, settling it on the ground before shoving her beak into it. She nipped at a dress and pulled it from the bag. "Be right back" she said, moving behind a building to shift back to her human form. She made sure no-one was around and shifted, quickly pulling the dress on before anyone could see her nude form. She for one didn't care too much, it was not in her animal nature to be ashamed of her nude body, however, many people were not ok with nudity, so she made point to respect that.

She moved back to their side, brushing her long crimson hair from her face before smiling softly. "Lets find this Inn and get a room. I can sleep on the floor in Griffin form, it'll be fine."

Dulthir

• Yay
Dulthir nodded to Ceri. He had become bitter over the past decade. Normally, someone like Ceri would've caught a "Fook off..." when they first met. But, there was something different about her. Not the fact she was a shifter, or a griffin, but something inside. Somehow has she would be able to help him get his vengeance. Tho, he had no clue how she would help. He looked at Ceri and chuckled.
"Aye lass. Perhaps you should do the talking. We'll get to inn and get sorted. If ye wanna share a room, then that'd be fine with me."
Dulthir walked next Karrazark and Ceri as they proceeded down the street, looking for the Inn..
Ceridwen

• Yay
"Aye lass. Perhaps you should do the talking. We'll get to inn and get sorted. If ye wanna share a room, then that'd be fine with me."

"Well I for one don't have money to waste on a room where we can quiet easily share one. Though is bet he is a snorer." She giggled and nodded, glad he did not take offense to what she said. She grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder, then she grabbed his hand gently as they headed towards the Inn, her steps nearly bouncy as they walked. She smiled brightly to those whom looked to the pair, turning her head slightly to whisper. "You get more bees with honey, sir." She smiled as the people's disposition towards them, while still chilly and cautious, was warming slightly.

As they came upon the Inn she let go of his hand and rummaged through her bag, checking to see how much money she in fact did have. She stepped up the stairs, heading into the Inn with a smile. "Let's see what they got." She said softly as she stepped in. The human behind the counter took her in cautiously, his ice grey eyes watching her movements as she walked in before they turned towards Dulthir. "We would like a room please... preferably one that allows animals sir." She said brightly as she moved to the counter, leaning into the human and nodding towards Karrazark "He gets nervous around new people" She said with a wink and a smile.

• Yay
Dulthir smiled, for a second, when she took his hand. A woman's touch was something he hadn't felt in a very long time.
"Honey... aye lass. Spose yer right."
He looked Karrazark.
"Aye, he does get a wee bit nervous round new folks. And..."
He pulled a bag of coins out.
"I'll be paying. So, the best ye got lad. And some food and drink as well..."
He looked to Ceri, then back to the human.
"Please..."
His disdain for the... human was more than obvious. He set the coin on the counter. The human, noticing the dwarve's disdain, nodded, shakily. He grabbed a key and handed it to them.
"Top of the stairs, last door on the left. I'll bring food and drink up in a bit. And hot water for the bath as well." The human replied.
Dulthir smelled himself, then looked at Ceri.
"Hmmm... a bath may be good. Let's go lass."
He turned, thus time taking her hand, and led her upstairs. Karrazark followed behind them. They got to the room, and Dulthir opened the door.
"After you lass."
Ceridwen

• Yay
Ceri rose a brow as Dulthir withdrew a bag of coins, she smiled softly at his words, thankful he would be getting the tab on this one, as she hadn't brought much money with her when she left home, she expected to just sleep outside, in the trees or something of that sort.

"I'll be paying. So, the best ye got lad. And some food and drink as well... Please..."

She smiled as he noticeably attempted to not appear as gruff, with the man, though she could sense a grand dislike for the man on the other side of the counter, a dislike she didn't understand.

"Top of the stairs, last door on the left. I'll bring food and drink up in a bit. And hot water for the bath as well."

"Hmmm... a bath may be good. Let's go lass."

She giggled slightly and turned her emerald eyes back to the human. "Thank you good sir." she smiled taking the key softly. Dulthir took her hand lightly as they headed up the stairs to the room. She smiled as he opened the door, stepping back to let her in first.

"After you lass."

She headed in with a bright smile and looked around. Plopping down on the bed with a giggle. "Nice and soft"

• Yay
Dulthir followed Ceri in and watched her plop on the bed. He smiled. He looked around the room. Actually was a nice room. There was a knock at the door. Dulthir opened the door and there were four humans standing there. He grumbled something under his breath. Three were carrying large buckets of water, which they placed on a rack positioned above a fire pit of sorts. They grabbed some wood from the rack next to the wall, placed in the small pit and lit it. The third had a tray of food and a large pitcher of ale. He set it on the table. Dulthir turned and headed toward the food. The one that carried the food and ale remained standing by the table, looking at Dulthir.
"Tha fook ye want?"
The man stood there still. Dulthir mumbled under his breath, "Greedy fooking humans...". He pulled a few coins out of a pouch and handed them to him.
"Now, get the fook out. If we need anathing else, I'll let ye know."
As they left, Dulthir shut the door behind them.
"Humans..."
He spit on the floor. He looked to Ceri.
"Water should be ready momentarily, lass. Ye can go first. I'll turn away while ye undress and bathe."
Ceridwen

• Yay
Ceri stood as the men came in with the water, starting the bath. Then one carrying food set the food on the table and just stared. She rose a brow slightly as Dulthir also noticed the man. "Tha fook ye want?" he growled as reached into his bag and gave the man a few coins. She shook her head slightly

"Greedy fooking humans... Now, get the fook out. If we need anathing else, I'll let ye know. Humans..."

She looked to him and crossed her arms over her chest slightly. "they are not that bad... not all of them." She said as she looked to him.

"Water should be ready momentarily, lass. Ye can go first. I'll turn away while ye undress and bathe."

"It doesn't matter... I don't care. It is not in my kind to have any problem with nudity... it is an issue for more other species." she slipped out of the dress without another word, moving to step into the water, not thinking to grab a towel before she did so. She slid under the water for a few moments before coming back up and brushing her crimson hair from her face.

• Yay
And with that, she slipped out of her dress and walked across the floor to the tub. Nudity didn't bother Dulthir either. He wasn't a modest dwarf. He said what he thought, did what he wanted.
"Nudity donna bother me lass. I once caught a verbal lashing from me father for working the forge in the nude. It was after a good night of drinking and fooking and shortly after the latter, I had an image pop in me head. Couldna wait, so, I went straight to the forge, put in an apron, and began working. The end result was this..."
He held up his axe. A beautiful display of craftsmanship. Razor sharp edges. The handle was hand carved from the wood of an elder tree. Only an axe forged by an Ironfist could fell one. On either side of the blade face, was intricate silver work. It was an inscription in his native tounge.
"
Knor jr lurl. Evvil eth halagstr mjuva tho eth gildeth ilv veforgjaer dath"
He looked at the inscription for a moment then set it down.
"So, nudity doesna bother me lass. Is there room in there for one more?"
He began stripping down and walking toward the tub..
Ceridwen

• Yay
"Nudity donna bother me lass. I once caught a verbal lashing from me father for working the forge in the nude. It was after a good night of drinking and fooking and shortly after the latter, I had an image pop in me head. Couldna wait, so, I went straight to the forge, put in an apron, and began working. The end result was this..."

She looked to the axe quietly, smiling. "It is beautiful!" she said as she got on her knees, looking closer at it, as best as she could anyway. She could see the writing and, with her better than average eyes sight saw something she could not read.

"So, nudity doesna bother me lass. Is there room in there for one more?"

"sure" she said with a shrug, leaning back and pulling her legs close, hugging them lightly to give Dulthir more room. He headed towards her, undressing as he did so. He was quiet a bit shorter than she was, but it came with his species and she knew that. His skin was darker than her pale flesh, perhaps due to his time before fires. She pulled her eyes from him though, even as he advised he cared not about nudity, just to be respectful to them both. They didn't really know each other, staring was a little rude and she didn't want to be rude. She grabbed her hair lightly and looked at the ends, feeling the warmth as the water heated even more.

She smiled lightly as she looked to him as he got in. She grabbed the soap and began washing her arms quietly as he settled in.

• Yay
The men of the Free Company rode down the fleeing carriage and its guards.

All at once the fight began when the Free Company had closed the distance and a chaos of mounted combat and battle on foot ensued. Elliot rode in the center of the formation of mercenaries and he saw the arrows of his fellows fell some of the guards and saw as they toppled from their horses and collapsed into the stirred dust of the road. The Free Company had the carriage and the guards about it completely encircled within scarce few moments. Desperate shouts came from the severely outnumbered guards as they tried to cobble together some manner of organized defense but one by one they were being butchered, struck with sabres or shot with arrows or impaled through with lances and their corpses littered the clearing of the eastward road from Alliria.

Elliot's face was hard set. His task was to get to the carriage and secure the prize, and as the battle went on around him, get to the carriage he did. Behind him was a fellow Free Companier, Onager.

Elliot made a pass on the carriage and loosed an arrow from his Black Bow and shot the driver in the chest. Onager shot as well with his dwarven crossbow and the driver gave a grunt and a gurgle and he toppled from the driver's platform with a fresh bolt lodged into the base of his throat. The horses pulling the carriage came to a halt and shied in fright and one made a vexed sound and stomped its hoof.

Get the prize. Get out. Before the Allirian Rangers or anyone else shows up.

Elliot circled around to the side of the carriage with Onager and now the last of the guardsmen were being slain by the others of the Free Company. Elliot jumped from his horse as did Onager and he strung his Black Bow across his back and hurried to the carriage's door. He placed a hand on the door. Gave a nod to Onager. Onager, a new bolt loaded, nodded back.

Elliot threw open the door. Saw her. Saw her and the mother.

"No, no, no, please don't!" said Alexia June, the prize of the contract.

Elliot grabbed her and pulled her from the carriage and she spilled out to the road and stood and tried to run but Elliot's grip on her arm held fast. He yanked her back toward himself and as she made to protest, Elliot punched her hard in the jaw and her legs buckled and she collapsed.

The mother was shrieking inside the carriage. Reaching for something in her dress. Elliot ducked. Said, "Onager!"

And that was all the prompt the dwarf needed. He fired his crossbow and the bolt slammed into the mother's skull and her head whipped back and hit the window of the opposite door and the glass cracked violently. Her body went limp inside the carriage and blood ran down between her eyes and then out of her nostrils.

The mission was accomplished, and the bodies were left to rot in the midday sun.

* * * * *​

"Why couldn't you just let me go?" Alexia said.

Elliot did not reply. He was sitting next to her inside the carriage as they rolled with the Free Company through the streets of Alliria en route to the Inner City. Alexia on his left, the cracked window of the carriage on his right. Alexia's cheek was swollen where Elliot had punched her. A small dab of dried blood, the consequence of her accidentally biting her tongue, lingered on the left side of her mouth.

"Why?" she pressed, somewhat distraught but intent. "My father didn't love mom and he doesn't love me. He just wanted to use us. And I'm just...a piece to be played to him. That's all. Now you're taking me back to him. Do you know what he's going to do to me?"

"No," Elliot said.

"He's going to--"

"And I don't care."

Alexia recoiled as if she'd been punched again, a certain shock in her eyes.

Elliot glanced over to her. "Do you want to be free?"

And, immediately, a desperate glimmer of hope replaced that shock. "What?"

"Do you want to be free?"

"Y...Yes!"

"You still have the option."

"The option?"

"To fight." He dipped his head in a small gesture to her hands. "I didn't bind them."

"I..." She shook her head. Baffled. "I can't fight you. You and all the rest of those men you're with."

"Then you'll have to find another way," Elliot said. "But if you want to escape your father, you're going to have to fight. No one can give you freedom but you."

Alexia glanced out of the uncracked carriage window and then leaned closer to Elliot and whispered, "Can't you just let me go? If you want to help me, can't you just do that?"

"No." Elliot reached over to the side of his seat and pulled up a sheathed dagger and held it out to Alexia. It was the one Alexia's mother had been reaching for in her dress. "Take it."

She looked at it as if it were an apple dripping with poison. "What?"

He offered it a little closer. "Take it. If you ever want to be free from your father, if you don't want men like me being sent after you by him, then take it. And you better know the right time to use it."

Alexia hesitated. Opened her mouth. Closed it. Opened it and tried to say something but didn't. She looked at Elliot and then at the dagger and then at Elliot again.

But she took the dagger, and Elliot gave her a small nod. They said nothing more on the ride to the June family's manor.

* * * * *​

The Free Company was in town. One of the many mercenary companies that called themselves the "Free Company," but as Captain Marghast said, "Fuck 'em, we're not paid to be creative." The outfit was as loose as could be, befitting the name. Any man or woman could walk in or walk away at any time. They were mercenaries' mercenaries, bound together almost exclusively by the common thread of seeking fortune through their figurative or literal sword-arms. A couple died on the raid of Alexia June's carriage, and they were probably still out there, food for the carrion birds along with the guards. A friend or two was a bit shaken by it, but otherwise, the company moved on. That was the way of life.

The Company got their payout from Peter June, the patriarch of the June family. Captain Marghast said to have a nice night in Alliria to the men, enjoy your spoils, and if you want to move out tomorrow, meet in the South Market at noon. Good enough.

Elliot took his share and found an inn (that he didn't bother to catch the name, yet unbeknownst to him it was the same one Dulthir and Ceridwen occupied). Him along with a couple others from the Free Company--Onager included. They were something like friends, him and Onager. The dwarf had some amusing stories when he got drunk, and he was set to get drunk now with a filled pouch of coin on his belt.

Elliot got a room for himself, but didn't go to it. Not yet. Onager wasn't the only one who was going to have himself a drink.

He and Onager and a man from the Company Elliot didn't truly know went into the small tavern of the inn next to the lobby. Elliot bought the first round of drinks; Onager was an absolute slayer at Dueling Dice and he'd lost a bet to the damned lucky dwarf. But all was well. The beer didn't taste precisely like piss, and in lieu of actual wine from elsewhere, it would have to do.

Elliot passed a beer to Onager and a beer to the other man and then sat down himself. He gripped the handle of his tankard. And saw something.

Blood. Alexia's blood. A small spot of it on his gloved knuckles.

It gave him only a small moment of pause.

And then he took a drink.

Dulthir Ceridwen

Dulthir sat in the tub, enjoying the hot water... and the beautiful Wan sharing it with him. Contrary to popular belief, dwarven men found other, species, beautiful. They were men after all. Her crimson hair laid on her shoulder. The water rippling just above her breast. Her pale skin was almost like marble. And, her emerald eyes. A man could get lost in those eyes. He chuckled to himself. "Pretty sure dwarves aren't her type..." he thought to himself. He finished bathing and stood in the tub. He looked Ceri.
"How's about we get dressed and head downstairs. I believe there's a tavern next to the lobby. We'll put down some ale and get ta know one another better. What do ya say lass?"
He stepped out of the tub and walked across the room to grab a towel off the bed.
Ceridwen

Ceri smiled softly as she felt his gaze upon her, a slight warmth tickling her skin as she blushed, looking to her hair. He stood in the water and continued to speak with her absently. She bit her bottom lip lightly, avoiding giving in to the curiosity that tugged at her brain, tempting her to look. She'd never been this close to a nude man, let alone a dwarf, and she was ever curious about everything.

"How's about we get dressed and head downstairs. I believe there's a tavern next to the lobby. We'll put down some ale and get ta know one another better. What do ya say lass?"

He stepped out of the tub, she looked to him curiously, watching him walk to the bed to grab a towel.. she set her hands on the sides of the tub and stood to follow. She shivered slightly, the cool air hitting her wet wings which were extremely sensitive and giving her a slight chill. She grabbed a towel and dried her wings first before drying her body.

She reached into her bag, grabbing a purple dress and pullingnit over her body before grabbing a brush and brushing her crimson hair. She smiled brightly.

"I say yes of course.... though, what is Ale?" She asked inquisitively.

Dulthir

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210214-194835_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210214-194835_Google.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Yay
Dulthir finished drying and couldn't help.but watch Ceri as she got out of the tub and walked across the room. "Beautiful..." he thought. He turned so as to not get caught looking. He got dressed, a black silk tunic with blood red trim around the collar and the end of the sleeves. He put on a pair of black britches, and his best, we'll, better boots. He started to grab his armor, buy, decided against it. He grabbed his knife, a 10" blade, and slid it into the sideways holder on the back of his belt. He slicked his hair back and redid the braids on his beard. He looked to Karrazark.
"Keep an eye on the place, brother. We'll be back in a bit."
Karrazark grunted. His way of letting Dulth know he understood. Dulthir then looked to Ceri.
"Well, lass. Aren't ye a vision. Shall we?"
He stuck his hand out for her to take
Ceridwen

• Yay
"Well, lass. Aren't ye a vision. Shall we?"

She smiled, settling her hand in his gently.a

"Absolutely"

She headed for the door, pulling on the hand he'd offered her, looking back to him with a bright smile. The deep purple long sleeves of her dress hanging loosely between them. She fluffed up her feathers lightly as she giggled, pulling him gently, excitedly.

*can't tag or do cool stuff on my phone... lame!*

Ceri led Dulthir out of the room. They walked downstairs and into the lobby area. They then went into the tavern. It was empty, save a few sitting at a table, one of them being a dwarf. Dulthir led Ceri to a table at the opposite end of the tavern. He motioned to the barkeep. When the man came over, Dulthir ordered two ales. The barkeep went behind the bar and drew up two mugs. He brought them back and set them in front of the pair. Dulthir grabbed his mug, raised it slightly and looked at Ceri.
"To our good fortune and continued friendship. Cheers lass."
He leaned in close to her, and lowered his voice.
"I dunna like the look of those lads over yonder. Mercenaries if I had to guess. Be mindful, and ready, in case they start shite."
He leaned back and took a drink from his mug. He'd had worse, but, he'd also had better. He took another drink, then pulled his pipe out. He cleaned it out, then packed it and lit it. He puffed on it, while keeping an eye on the three strangers.
Ceridwen Elliot Aldmar
(Ceridwen will post later after she gets up)

Last edited:
Ceri smiled softly as they entered the tavern, Dulthir leading her to a table. She sat slowly waiting for the drinks as she smiled to him. Her emerald eyes wandered to the other group of people curiously. As the drinks showed up, Dulthir rose his and she followed suit, doing what he did.

"To our good fortune and continued friendship. Cheers lass."

She smiled softly and rose a brow as he leaned in and whispered. "I dunna like the look of those lads over yonder. Mercenaries if I had to guess. Be mindful, and ready, in case they start shite."

She watched him lean back, taking a drink and she took a drink as well. She coughed, it was bitter and she was not used to a drink of its nature. She looked from him to the group then back to him and she shrugged softly as he cleaned his pipe.

“Dulthir sir… I think we should not judge them by what they appear to be. You do not want people to assume things about you, based on what you were born as, I don’t I know that much. They may be good people.” She smiled softly… she wasn’t disciplining him or anything, just giving her opinion. She didn’t want him thinking she was griping at him, but she wanted to say her peace. She took another drink, biting her bottom lip slightly hoping he would not take her words the wrong way.

Elliot Aldmar

• Yay
Dulthir puffed his pipe, grumbled something under his breath, then shook his head.
"Aye lass. Ye've got a point. Forgive me. Too many years of not trusting anyone. I'm afraid I've developed a not so good out look of tha world."
He sighed and puffed his pipe again.
"So... raised by elves, eh? Ran into a few on my travels. Always polite, and sometimes acted like their shite don't stink, but, for the most part, nice people."
Now, the truth of the matter is Dulthir had only met two elves in his travels. He couldn't even remember their names and hoped his little fib wouldn't be noticed. He just wasn't sure how to start a conversation with this beautiful woman sitting next to him.
Ceridwen Elliot Aldmar

• Yay
"Aye lass. Ye've got a point. Forgive me. Too many years of not trusting anyone. I'm afraid I've developed a not so good out look of tha world."

She giggled softly and took another drink. “No harm done, was just trying to help you relax a little. Hopefully they mean no harm.”

"So... raised by elves, eh? Ran into a few on my travels. Always polite, and sometimes acted like their shite don't stink, but, for the most part, nice people."

“Yeah, they found my egg and hatched and raised me.” She shrugged slightly. “The clan I grew up in for the most part were not that way, though of course there are always their bad seeds.”

She turned her eyes to the group of people again, curiously as she took another drink of the Ale, she wasn’t sure what the big draw towards this liquid was. It was nothing compared to the elven wine she was accustomed to. It tasted like sour, burnt fruit and grains, but she drank it out of respect for those around. Her emerald eyes turned back to the Dwarf before her and she smiled, shifting how she sat, shifting her wings slightly.

“So what lead you this way?” She asked curiously.

Dulthir

• Yay
Save for the barkeep, they had the tavern to themselves for a while. Talked shop for a bit as they drank. Perhaps a bit louder than caution would warrant--the contract to recapture Alexia June wasn't exactly something that was on clear legal ground. But details were kept to a minimum. Mostly it was Elliot and Onager ribbing one another for their marksmanship and riding skills.

Two others entered the tavern. A red-haired dwarf and similarly red-haired winged woman. Elliot, Onager, and the other merc hushed up on the shop talk. Just good business.

As the two others were toasting, Elliot reached across the table and lightly shoved Onager's tankard-holding arm. "Hey. Look. It's your big brother."

Onager, not nearly as tall as Dulthir, gave Elliot an indignant look. "How 'bout this, you gray-skinned bastard, if yer mum had fucked a dwarf instead of some darkie then he'd be your big brother."

"If you'd still be just as ugly, I'll take it, scraggle-beard. You get that lice sorted yet?"

Elliot and Onager, each with tankards half raised, were just looking at one another. Then grins broke out between the two and they each took a long pull of their beers. Elliot overheard some of what the other two were talking about. One small bit that caught his attention, but mostly it was none of his concern.

Elliot set his tankard down and smacked the other merc on the arm with the back of his hand. "Congratulations on not dying out there today. What the hell is your name, anyway."

"Yeah," said Onager. "I wanna insult you just like this white-haired, beardless, elf mongrel across from me."

The other merc, a younger human man with a perhaps unnervingly quiet demeanor that offset his youthful features, looked to Elliot and Onager and said, "Percy."

Elliot made a dismissive gesture with a hand. "Take it back. I don't want to know your name again."

Onager let out a single belly-laugh. "Percy, eh. Isn't that cute. You sound like some frilly accessory she'd probably be wearin'." He canted his head back slightly, indicating Ceridwen.

Percy said nothing.

"You ever play Dueling Dice, Percy?" Elliot said.

"For the love of the forge, call 'em Perc or somethin'," Onager said.

Perc the merc. Every company seemed to have at least one nicknamer, the man who just had to have his own special name for everyone. Elliot was not that man. But, given the choice, he'd go with Perc.

"Alright. Perc." He looked at him for an answer.

Perc shook his head. "No. I haven't."

Elliot slid his eyes over to Onager. Smirked. Then looked back to Perc. Said simply, "Bet."

Dulthir Ceridwen

Dulthir overheard the gray skinned elf and the dwarf bantering with one another. They seemed to be hazing their third companion. He turned his attention back to Ceri. She asked the question he most wanted to avoid. But, he felt comfortable with her and felt she should know. By the gods, they had shared a bath after all. He took a long draw of his pipe.
"What brought me here? Tis a long tale, but, ye have proven to be trustworthy. So, it was about ten years ago..."
He told the tale of that horrific night. How the human mercs slaughtered his clan, and, his wife Valya, and their son Bagrin, and nearly him. He also told her that he never found Gramir.
"It's probably foolish, but, I still have hope that I'll find him someday, and the fookers that are responsible."
He took another drink of his ale, then another long draw off his pipe, and waited for Ceri's reaction to what he just told her.
Ceridwen Elliot Aldmar

• Yay
Ceri turned her eyes to the rambunctious group curiously. They louder they got, the more unnerved she became, or... was that the ale possibly? Her eyes turned back to Dulthir as he took a draw off his pipe.

"What brought me here? Tis a long tale, but, ye have proven to be trustworthy. So, it was about ten years ago..."

She frowned as he told his story, she could understand his disdain for the humans and the mercs. She felt for him, she had known loss, but nothing like he had felt.

"It's probably foolish, but, I still have hope that I'll find him someday, and the fookers that are responsible."

She finished off her drink as she listened, frowning still. "I am sorry that happened and I do not think it's foolish. I will help you best I can."

She said with a soft smile as she looked to her empty cup. She scooted from her seat, standing and heading to the bar with a smile, eying the group slightly, fluffing up her feathers a little as she walked to the bar.

"another... and got anything different?"

She wanted to try different things while she was out and about... hopefully there would be a different type of wine to try. The tender handed her another Ale and a deep glass of clear liquid. She tilted her head, sniffing it as she turned and headed back to the table, not bothering to ask what the clear drink was. She sat down and took a drink, this was very strong wine of some nature, it tasted like fruit and anger. She giggled slightly.

"Well. This is different." She said with a chuckle.

Dulthir

• Yay