Fable - Ask ADVENTURE!!

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Sir Irvard the Titan

Titan
Character Biography
Link
Irvard strode calmly through the castle halls. The Steel Legion had been contacted by a lesser duke who needed their services. His sword resting on his shoulder as always, and his sabatons clanging loudly with his long, proud strides. When he entered the main hall, where the duke was waiting, he saw another knight, a woman. He was beckoned in by the duke so he didn't have much time to get a good look at her. So came in and gave him a brief, respectful bow.

"Thank you for coming," The duke said to the two of them, "Both of you. I had hoped there would be more, but it seems you two will have to work with no more than each other."

"I was all the Steel Legion could spare milord." Irvard told him politely.

"And I am thankful that they spared anyone." came the reply. "I need you two to deal with a few problems, the main one being a necromancer, he's taken refuge at the top of the southernmost mountain in my domain, where an old keep rests. He's been terrorizing the villages and towns nearby, and taking the crops of the harvests, which has been depriving my people of food. But..."

He hesitated, "If you can, I'd ask of you two a personal favor. My three daughters had gone to visit their uncle, a few regions to the south, and their carriage was found deserted and damaged on the road nearby the base of the mountain you're headed to. I do not know if they still live, but if you can, please try to find them, even if it's only their remains."

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Herzeleide Idreius
To say that her heart was beating out of her ribcage was an understatement. Of all the freelancers looking for pay in the area, this duke chose her. And yet, here she was... alone. She had asked him prior if there were any more who would be accompanying her. He said there would be and yet she could only imagine who she was to be expecting. They could be a group of cutthroats, with scars all over their face, and torn clothes.

Her queries would be answered when in came another knight, taller than anyone she had ever seen before. She had to crane her neck just to look up at him, but his helmet obscured his face.

"I was all the Steel Legion could spare," he said. The Steel Legion... hm...

Herzeleide felt her eyes widen as the duke mentioned a necromancer creating chaos, the poor duke's daughters - she had been under the illusion this would be something simple!

She cleared her throat. 'If I may ask, lord,' she said. 'You wouldn't happen to have any enemies who would harm your daughters?'

She cleared her throat. 'If I may ask, lord,' she said. 'You wouldn't happen to have any enemies who would harm your daughters?'

"None that I know personally." He answered, "the necromancer is the only logical answer I have for their attack. It could just be bandits, but no demand for ransom has been issued so that doesn't seem to be likely."

Irvard remained silent for a little while, he didn't have much to say. No questions, nothing. At least not immediately. So he was inclined just to listen, and the duke continued. "I will pay each of you fifty thousand gold pieces for your work, plus twenty extra thousand if you bring my daughters back alive. I'm afraid there isn't much else I can tell you. Please, do what you can."

Irvard spoke then. "You can put your faith in us, Lord."

"Thank you knight of the Steel Legion." the duke said to him, "And thank you Knight Herzeleide."

Irvard bowed again, and turned to his new partner. "It seems we have quite the task ahead of us. Shall we be off or do you have preparations to make aforehand?"

Fifty-thousand gold pieces! That was just so much, she could hardly believe it! She could hardly focus on what else was said by the duke because of that ridiculous reward.

'It seems we have quite the task ahead of us. Shall we be off or do you have preparations to make aforehand?' the Steel Legion knight asked - she presumed his name was "Ivard".

'Oh, um,' she snapped out of her daze and swallowed. 'I suppose we should prepare. You never know what'll happen out there... right?'

'Oh, um,' she snapped out of her daze and swallowed. 'I suppose we should prepare. You never know what'll happen out there... right?'

He smiled behind his helmet, he cold tell instantly that she didn't have much experience. One she had basically asked him to confirm that one couldn't know what would happen out there. She was obviously, obviously, a novice, at least in her mannerisms. Maybe it was her first contract, or at the very least an early one. Oh well, it had been a while since he'd been paired with a youngster. He wasn't exactly old, but he was already a bit of an uncle figure for a couple knights in his order, and she seemed to be about their age too.

He nodded, "Alright then, I'll accompany you to wherever it is you've lodged, and I will wait for you to gather what it is you need."

"I look forward to working with you Knight Herzeleide."

She couldn't read his expression but she liked to have a mental image of him behind the helmet. Older... maybe a little grey in his hair (assuming he had any). Herzeleide wanted to imagine someone trustworthy would be alongside her on her travels.

'I look forward to working with you Knight Herzeleide,' he said to her.

'Of course!' she said, feeling optimistic from his words. 'And I look forward to working with you, Edw-- Irvard! Irvard. Sorry.'

Oh no, forgetting names can't be good for a first introduction. She gritted her teeth and hope she didn't offend him at all.

'Of course!' she said, feeling optimistic from his words. 'And I look forward to working with you, Edw-- Irvard! Irvard. Sorry.'

Oh no, forgetting names can't be good for a first introduction. She gritted her teeth and hope she didn't offend him at all.

He chuckled. "No need to apologize friend. many make that mistake, it holds no edge to wound me with."

He started to walk off down the hallway, hopefully with her walking with him. "Tell me friend, from where do you hail?"