LFG - Quest A Shift in Perspective

Mahaki

Shadow of Elbion
Background

It has been a few years since the Shadow of Elbion had returned to his home. He has spent the majority of the past several years in solitude, writing down what he had discovered of his deity. Volumes he had written on this subject, elaborating upon the practices for his newfound religion, which he aptly named primordialism. For, even if it is not followed, his discoveries must be documented, else history may lose a crucial piece of its origin. Now, he has completed his research and writings enough to devote some time to the creation of his own organization: the Acolytes of Niphas.

In accordance with his pact with Niphas, Mahaki set out to spread his word.

Prompt

A journal page has appeared on the notice board in a local tavern in Elbion's residential district. A young adult of 19 years was the one who first discovered the page. He exclaimed, "Guys! Look! A notice from the infamous Shadow of Elbion!" The customers of the tavern flocked to the board, gawking at the page and reading the parts they could (a lot of people trying to read the same piece of paper can get crowded). Eventually, the tavern owner's attention was caught, and he announced that his patrons leave the board and show him the paper.

"It's probably just a prank or something to see who would fall for it. We get papers like this all the time."

"Bullshit! I once forged his armor. He left me a piece of paper in his handwriting of his requirements for the armor. This looks exactly like it!" sounded a passionate patron. There was a brief uproar that was quickly silenced by the tavern owner.

"Very well! If you all insist, I will take this for myself. I'll transcribe the words onto a new sheet of paper so that this one is preserved." said the man. He left, and the customers began chatting incessantly - rumors about what the whole letter said. A few minutes later, he came back from his living quarters to post the copy. It read as follows:

"To whom it may concern,

I offer a vast assortment of books, containing never-before-seen knowledge. I require disciples, agents of my teaching, so that my Employer may be satisfied with me. As such, I will induct several chosen individuals for a specific purpose. I am looking for practitioners of Alchemy, Magic, and Scribery, as well as devoted guards to defend our meager, yet substantial Hideout. I would speak with anyone even remotely interested in the pursuit of Truth.

There shall be a game of sorts. You shall congregate in this tavern at midnight three days from now. At midnight, all attendees must be present. All doors to the tavern must be locked. The seminar will last for exactly 3 hours, consisting of a one-hour speech, a one-hour public forum, and one-hour selection period. During this time, no one will be allowed to enter or to leave, as the entrances and exists will be sealed with barrier magic. Your safety is guaranteed if you are well-mannered. There will be a zero-tolerance policy for threats.

All are welcome.

Signed,
M."

[OOC] General Concept/Goal

I am trying to establish to new sect of religion in the world of Arethil. Anyone is welcome to join in on this thread. This will serve to outline the basic belief system of Mahaki's religion as well as an interest meeting. If there are any characters interested in this belief system, they should attend. Need those references to make a religion! The organization that the religion will form will seek to chronicle forbidden knowledge, seek out magical artifacts, and research - the perfect organization for any user of the dark arts. It may also help to read the wiki page of my character, Mahaki. It outlines a few basic ideas that I want to include in the religion. Please make suggestions to me! I want to develop this into a solid religion/organization.

Love to all,
Tabris

proxy.php

I'm down to join (the thread).

I have a really old character of mine from another site that would be perfect for this. I might just revive them, change them around and give them a good makeover for this thread. They were a bit flat (I was much younger when I wrote them) But with a bit of work, I think I can make something very interesting.

• Yay
Reactions: Kalianna Romane