Private Tales A New World

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Character Biography
Link
Tag: @Kido Clawrush

It had been days since Nennu was excommunicated from her home, though still unbeknownst to her. The young Fae still believed to just be sent over to an aunt at the Spring Court until her parents had gotten her accident under control. As such she's been following a hidden path from her home's borders walking through the deep, lush and vibrant forest. She knew the direction she had to take to get to Fal'Addas, so she could pay someone to help her get out of the old forest and towards the Spring Court's borders. At least that was the directions she got, before getting sent on her way by her parents and then guards.

The second thing she was told, however, was that she should always hide under her true appearance as the world outside was unkind to young Fae girls. While she thought her father exaggerated as he often did when telling tales, she did keep his advice. Instead of her lavishly orange hair and rich golden skin with bright shining yellow eyes, she looked like an elf with long wavy blond hair reaching her chest, full lips, hourglass body and striking blue eyes.

She wore some rather simple long dark brown dress with a green layer over it. Just as simple as her dress, she wore a light brown corset blouse tied in the front along with a belt around the waist and as the last thing, she wore a long deep blue cloak.

Coming to a t-intersection in her path, Nennu stopped for a second, trying to figure out which way her mom told her to turn when she arrived at the intersection. After a bit of deliberation, she turned right and headed down the path going North.

• Love
  • Yay
Reactions: MrTophat and Kido
A week had passed since the young half Drow left his home and embarked on his journey to save the tribe. Kido was as ecstatic to explore the world as he was the day he was tasked to leave, advised by his mother, Kido was headed to Fal'Addas - the ancient and greatest elven city in Arethil. Still unaware of what he needed to go there for, he was nonetheless excited to explore the great city and meet more of his kin.

With the sun beginning to set, Kido spent what daylight he had left to gather materials and set up camp and a fire. Shortly after starting the fire, Kido unfolded his bed roll and placed it next to the fire.
<I wonder if I have enough time to get dinner...> he pondered allowed. Eventually, curiosity and hunger beat out caution and so the elf wrapped his bow around his body and sheathed his machete and dagger.

Approaching a tree, the hunter swiftly and easily scaled the tree before stopping at the highest branch. Since childhood, for reasons unknown Kido's sense of smell was tempered better than the average person, his nostrils flaired as he sniffed the air currents trying to pick up the scent of an animal. Although, something else caught his interest, something unique and hadn't smelled before.

Swinging and leaping through the trees, Kido followed the smell before stopping above a woman travelling alone. While he couldn't see her face due to being behind her, he crouched down on a treebranch and relaxed his arms on his thighs. Maybe he could make friends with this individual, trying to think of the right words to use in Common he eventually called out to the figure "Hello! Are you lost?" his tone was friendly and completely unthreatening.

Last edited:
The new path had a much more outlined trail to follow, to which Nennu expected more travellers must walk the path she's walking right now. Humming along the road as if nothing was wrong, well, technically nothing was wrong right now, as long as she wasn't thinking of the mess she made back home.

Walking alone down the small path in the forest, it was still a bit strange to leave her home, even if it was in such a hurry. She didn't even get to say goodbye to her siblings, which kind of sucked, but she was sure, that she would see them again at some point, so it wasn't all bad. Not to mention, she was sure that her parents would fix her mess, they always did.

With the sun beginning to set, Nennu could feel the sun setting in her very vein, making her shutter a bit, wrapping her cloak around her. She kept her humming going, to have her think of something else. She always found sunsets sad, because of her strong connection to the star. Although it didn't physically hurt her or caused her pain, being a Sun Fae. What it meant, was that powers were weakened, which she, did. not. like.

Upon hearing a voice from behind up in a tree, Nennu stopped her humming and turned around casually. As she looked up, Nennu pulled back her hood, showing not her vibrant fae features, but that of a beautiful young elf woman.

"Hi, there!" greeted Nennu in return, both surprised and happy to have found another person. "No don't believe I am," said Nennu and looked down the path she was walking on, and suddenly got confused if she really was lost. "Wait, this is the path to Fal'Addas, no?" Asked Nennu since she actually hadn't travelled before. She very well could have taken the wrong turn.

"Wait! I have a map" She suddenly said with excitement and pulled a satchel out from behind her cloak and started to rummage through it for a map.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kido
Remaining in his crouched position, Kido's head tilted to the side with curiosity as he watched the lady take off her hood. His crimson eyes widened when they layed upon what was below him - another elf! The corners of his lips rose into a smile as excitement filled him. After being on his own for quite some time, it was great to see another person and an elf at that. She returned his greeting before following up with asking him if he knew where Fal'Addas was.

His lips parted but no words came out, Kido was about to answer but it seemed the elf lady solved her own problem. "Oh, you have a map." Kido tapped at his grey chin with a single finger, pondering for a moment. "I am headed to Fal'Addas too. I have a camp nearby, would you like to..." he paused, beginning to feel a bit shy. Although he was interested to meet this new person, they also made him nervous. "Would you like to take shelter with me for the night? It is getting dark."

Standing up to his full height, Kido scaled down the tree before jumping the last few feet and landing with a loud thud. "I am Kido." the half drow smiled before stepping back slightly and scanning the greenery that surrounded them "I was hunting for dinner when I found you." Kido paused, his scarlet eyes staring the elf before him "Oh! I didn't mean to... I am not saying I want you to be dinner--I--ugh..." the half drown pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, slightly embarrassed at his poor attempt at communication.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Nennu
"Really?" asked Nennu happily as she had no camp herself... or knew how to make one in the first place. Finally finding her map rolled neatly into a scroll and pulled it out of the satchel, she turned to look back up at the Drow. Holding her scrolled map, she just smiled sweetly to him, "I would love to shelter with you, thank you so much" thanked the blond-haired elf girl.

Following his cool scaling down the tree with such a flourish only she could dream of copying. "I'm Arishia" introduced the elven woman standing in front of Kido and took a step closer. As Kido scanned the greenery that surrounded them, Nennu did the same as if she was copying him to look like she knew what she was doing.

Looking back at Kido when he spoke, the girl blinked a couple of times and then burst out in a sweet laughter with a few uncontrollably snorts popping in now and then. Hearing her own damned snorting as she laughed made her slap a hand over her mouth.

Getting her own composure under control, it was times like these that the Fae girl was thankful for her training in glamour magick. Looking down, fingers interlaced, placed in front of herself, "I'm sorry, ma tells me it isn't very ladylike to laugh at other's mistakes" apologized Nennu

Last edited:
  • Love
Kido smiled nervously and nodded along as Arishia laughed at his poor social skills. However, he was surprised when she clasped her hand against her mouth seemingly embarrassed. Kido raised an eyebrow in bewilderment as Arishia apologised for not being... 'ladylike'? Whatever that was. Scratching the side of his head with his index finger "Uh... what is 'lady like'? I am... not very familiar with customs outside of my tribe." chuckling awkwardly.

"D-do you know elven? I, um, struggle with speaking Common." Kido wondered. Whether or not she could speak elven, he was pleased to have a companion with him even if it was temporary, and so, when things were finished up the half drow would direct the elven woman to his camp. It took a bit to get there as he had trailed off a bit in search for food earlier.

Once at the camp, Kido showed her around before realising he only had one bedroll. "Oh no." with a guilty expression, Kido's scarlet eyes met Arishia "I only have one bedroll. Um, it is fine. You take it, I will sleep on the earth... it would not be my first time." he reassured her with a smile.

Remembering what he'd initially left the camp for, Kido tutted and apologised once more "Oh! Right! Dinner, I still need to find some. Would you like to accompany me? It is quite fun. You are welcome to remain here too!"

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Nennu
Nennu was genuinely surprised by Kido's question about these customs as they were in such a part of her society. Then again, she had to remember herself that not everyone lived a life, as she had. Actually have to explain what it meant to be a lady and not reveal who she truly was, suddenly got difficult for her. Scratching the back of her head, she quickly remembered that she played a confident elf, sure of herself. "You know, the many balls and how everyone expects you to act and move a specific way. You've never been to a ball before?" Explained Arisha with a sense of dazzling to her way of explaining it.

Seeing Kido being awkward and a forest child, Nennu had to remember to keep up the charade and not break into a giggle or god forbid, accidentally drop her disguise. Giving Kido a sweet smile, switching over to elven, though it was clear that she had an accent. <"I can do elven"> said Arisha with a nod and followed the half-drow to his camp.

Arriving at the camp, Nennu looked around, finding it quite cosy. She was about to comment on its cosiness when the half-drow expressed his dilemma with only having one bedroll. Leaning truly into her glamourous elf disguise, Arisha just winked teasingly and with hands behind her back, she started to walk over to the campfire. "I don't mind, it can get awfully chilly at night" teased the tall blond beautifully elf girl with her back turned to Kido.

Kneeling down by the warmth of the fire and expanded her hands. While she came off as really seductive and lightly teasing, inside she had a hard time keeping her giggle from bursting out.

After warming her hands a few seconds, she rose again and started to sway her hips a bit more, like one of her sisters did when they wanted to give an impression. Stopping in front of the half-drow, Arisha smiled warmly, "I would love to" commented Arisha, waiting for the boy to lead the way.

• Love