Letters A letter to someone cabable of reading.

Roleplay dedicated to correspondence type roleplays such as letters.

Tita

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ Fabulous ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙
Character Biography
Link
You, Becca La Croix , come across a gently floating envelope, made of high-quality material. On the backside is a pattern of runes, and on the front is a similar one that seems to have faded. It's addressed to "If you can read it, it's for you" and the sender is "A person who can also read" Opening it reveals a scented letter made with patterned paper.

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇​
To my esteemed correspondent,
I, Tita, the fair and elegant, write this letter to you as I watch the sun's shimmer reflect on the broken surface of the lake beneath my tower. I think something fell in it from my windowsill, but I can not recall what it could have been.
But the fact is, I am IMMENSELY bored. And I write, hoping to find a letter-friend. Tell me of you and your adventures, and I will tell you of mine.
⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒​
To start off with, I have recently mastered the craft of decorated paper. Is it not wonderful? Is not my letter the most gorgeous one you have seen in your life? With embeds of the thinnest slices of gem linning its corners?
⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒​
Now write to me about you, and put your reply in this envelope, with a drop of your blood on the back rune. It will find it's way back to me, and the next one will find it's way back to you.

From your most esteemed Tita the Lady of High Prestige.
The current date escapes my mind​

• Wonder
Reactions: Becca La Croix
proxy.php

If Becca La Croix could describe her vision of hell it would be having nothing to do. She always needed to keep herself busy lest she fall in a coma of boredom. Right now that was her situation Becca was laying on her bed playing with Franklin. She did all of her paperwork for today, finished her thesis, and read about the History of the Giant Wars in preparation for tomorrow's History exam. The mage looked out at her window seeing the entire city of Elbion from above. She probably the city from this view a dozen times and Becca often marveled on large Elbion large but still she does this only when she's bored.

Sighing heavily Becca turned her desk a letter sitting on the clean marble. It arrived this morning and it was from a woman named: Tita who claimed to be High Priestess. Becca never heard of this Tita and she had traveled around Arethril a couple of times. The young woman craned her head looking at Franklin who was covered behind her many pillows. Might as well humor this woman whoever she is, Becca did a magical scan as soon as she received letter and there was nothing suspicious about it. Taking out her pen and a piece of parchment Becca began writing.

High Priestess Tita,

It seems that the first we share common is our boredom, the fact that I've spent hours watching the worm crawl on the stool next to my window should indicate my predicament. I must say the presentation of your letter is quite impressive. The floating envelope, magical runes embedded in the back and you even cast a spell preventing but the reader to examine its contents an advanced level of Lithomancy I believe. More and more Generals, spies and politicians are using the security method, it's a hard spell to cast and even harder to reverse it.

Now as for your request, I believe in the term: Quid pro Quo. I am very curious to know about who I am and where I live as I have memory of High Priestess. I am reluctant to share my information with strangers especially those know everything about me but not the other way around. If you wish to converse any further, tell me all about yourself and perhaps we may not be strangers after all.

From Becca La Croix Maester of the First Order in the College of Elbion.

Tita

https://chroniclesrp.net/Folklore/Lithomancy?do=bookmark

• Popcorn
Reactions: Tita
Tita was planning for herself a simple morning, but writting a reply to someone seemed, just a tad more urgent than lazying around in her bed all day.

╔════════════════════ ∘◦ ✯ ◦∘ ═════════════════════╗
Most respected Maester Becca La Croix,

have you written to the right Tita? I do not recall writing to you. Or attaining the rank of a high priestess. But I do enjoy the thought of how "High Priestess Tita the Glorious" sounds. But you are right in that telling everything about yourself to someone else who is a complete stranger isn't something someone should easily do.
・‥…━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━…‥・
So I will only tell you a little bit about myself. I live in the Spine. But my tower is so well hidden I don't think you would find it on your own. It has many rooms. But I tend to keep myself to the bedroom and library. I occupy myself with books and try out whatever is written in them. Did you know that the sedju flower petals can be made into a broth? Or that the crushed root of the brim-bellow vines when mixed with vinegar it creates a substance that can be used for cloth whitening?
These are all recent things that I have learned from a herbal alchemist's book. Whose reading was interupted by the arrival of your letter. Reading brings me such joy, it is a great ability that more people should attain.
・‥…━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━…‥・
From, the now High Priestess, Tita the Marvelous wizard from the Spine
╚════════════════════ ∘◦ ✯ ◦∘ ═════════════════════╝

And after sending out the letter she had written, she didn't know what to do with herself. Perhaps indulge in some exploring of her tower.

• Popcorn
Becca cursed herself for not checking the grammar of her letter. The chances of her making an error like that was 0.01 percent. Guess she was so bored that she didn't bother to proofread. "This is why you keep yourself busy," she huffed drafting a new piece of parchment.

Lady Tita,

Forgive my error a few days ago calling you a priestess it seems that I was in my boredom I misread your High Prestige as High Priestess. I'm a rather meticulous woman who triple checks their work even when I know the information I've written is pristine. However when I'm bored, my senses tends to dull like a Sword that hasn't been against a whetstone for weeks. I suppose if you want to call yourself High Priestess Tita the Glorious you can go ahead. It'll serve as a reminder of my failure of not doing a spot check.

So you reside in the Spine? Interesting there are plenty of things about the Spine that we do not know of. Civilizations that were once prominent were now buried through snow and rock. It is said that Rune Magic originated from the tribes of the Spine. Scholars from the Elbion College as well as myself have discovered Runes that were similar to the ones embedded in a Rune Magic Warrior's skin. Still considering that you claim that you live in a tower, I'm guessing you must've hidden it away through magic or perhaps it is located beneath the Mountains?

I also wonder how old is this herbal alchemist? I assume that this person has a name? I admit you've piqued my interest when you mentioned that you are well hidden in the Spine. My mind is loaded with questions to ask you but I guess my first question is: How long have you've lived in The Spine?

Respectfully,

Becca La Croix Maester of the First Order in the College of Elbion.

As Becca sent out the letter, she placed her hands over her chin. Her sense of wonder has taken hold of her. This Tita does have a sense of humor but Becca felt that there was more to her that she's not letting on.

Tita

Tita had a bit of a giggle as she recieved the new letter. And was quick to get pen and paper to write a reply.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵
Most respected Maester Becca La Croix,
༻✧༺
I do have to say that you are most forgiven for your error. But is it really an error when you can play it off as a compliment? Remember, by your title I can tell that you are also a lady of high prestige, so a mistake is a chip in that status. Brush it off and act to your status.
༻✦༺
But yes, I do reside in the Spine. And I'm sure my tower is above the mountains, as I can see their peaks surround it taller than the highest room. And I can see the sky change colours as the sun moves across it. The tower is hidden by magic, but it is older than my own I think. I can not discern it, and I can also not leave its domain.
༻✧༺
And the herbal alchemist? How am I to know their age. Considering the sate of this book, they have most likely been dead for as long as I alive. And I don't even know how long I have been alive for, so I guess this answers your second question. I simply do not know.
༻✦༺
Best Regards,
Tita.

• Smug