Letters A letter to Myles.

Roleplay dedicated to correspondence type roleplays such as letters.

Maho 'Jerik' Sparhawk

When there's no more room in hell
Character Biography
Link
To my 'Prentice,

I never thought i'd be saying goodbye so soon. Sometimes, life leads you in a path you weren't intending to follow, and on this particular occasion, life has sat a new destiny in my lap. I have seen and done things you wouldn't have believed; i tamed a flying horse, i fought in a siege. And at the end of it all, i met people who i'd be indebted to for the rest of my life, my fate has been intertwined with theirs, and theirs with mine. But it is not for this that i dismiss you Myles; no, it's far more complicated than that now.

Many months ago Myles, i told you that there'd be a moment in your life, where you had to make a choice. On that fateful day when i left you with the Elves, i knew i'd made mine. I met a dark Elf named Telemachus. He helped me make a deal with the Fire-Lord Imamu, en entity studied by you no doubt. I've been given a new chance to help Gerra Myles, a chance to truly make a difference in the world, and make our dream a reality. I've been given the opportunity to leave a mark on Arethil, something we both talked about at length.

But like the first lesson i gave you Myles: no power comes without a great price. The road Gerra wishes to create is paved with bodies. And not necessarily the bodies of the deserving... i couldn't face you knowing what i'll have to do. I will do some catastrophic things. The sort of tales you'd read in children's books, where wizards go bad and become infamous for their deeds. But i've realised that me helping villages isn't going to change the world, no matter how much i'd like to believe it could.

I don't blame you if you hate me. Truly, i understand. If my master were to give me the same sort of letter, i would do my best to forget him. I don't want to be forgotten by you Myles, nor do i want to forget you, but i know what i've done isn't fair. But as of now, i've done far more, and far worse...

I'd like you to know that before i met you, i wasn't sure what i wanted from life. I didn't have any real direction, and i would've died Maho Sparhawk, wizard from Elbion. You've ignited a fire in me, that shall shine brightly wherever i go. Never knowing my family, i'm happy to know that - through it all - i managed to find a brother i can love. When my days are almost done, i hope we can meet once again. At that library you liked, there. I'd like that.

Remember, knowledge is power Myles. Don't ever forget that. And don't lose your stave.

My love and Thanks,
Maho Jerik Sparhawk.

• Yay
Reactions: TTamark