Letters A Letter to King Midir

Roleplay dedicated to correspondence type roleplays such as letters.

Zaire

Nerf this
Character Biography
Link
(After writing 5 drafts— 1 felt too lax, 2 felt too formal (if that was such a thing but Luella found herself using words that she didn’t know the meaning of), 3 felt too short, 4 felt too long, and 5 was perfect until she accidentally smeared ink all over it— the duanann was prepared to write the final letter. If she messed up on this then she would give up until tomorrow.)

His Eminence
The King of Autumn Court

Your Eminence,

It would be a great honor to be selected to participate in The Sluagh. I have pledged loyalty to Autumn Court a century ago and have found that I wish to serve to my full potential. In the last month alone, I have defeated a demon causing havoc in the Wilds, defeated a blood-necromancy cult that had access to fae magick, protected a powerful moon witch, and competed against Lord Wulren of Vitae Court and received his approval.

If need be, I can provide more accomplishments in the century I have resided in Autumn Court, as I have also defeated Lindworms, Basilisks, and even took care of the Bocan that was terrorizing those near the borders half a century ago. I have also collected items that would be dangerous in another’s hand and secured them to your hand. I believe my skill set would be valuable to the Sluagh and I seek to bring greater renown to Your Eminence’s Court.

As it stands, as the last survivor of the Balsinde House, one of the original fifty houses of duanann, I will continue to grow in strength. I will strive to bring all and any glory to Autumn Court, and I believe being a member of the Sluagh can showcase my diligent duty in regards to the wishes of achieving balance. Or, whatever you require of me— know that my servitude will be absolute in every way.

I humbly appreciate your time,

34FA8019-2671-4A4C-947E-904A78965A26.jpeg

Midir

(satisfied with this letter— handwriting was crisp and there was no ink stains from her quill— Luella prepared the wax seal of her family’s insignia, wondering if she should have added that she would never try to sleep with the King since she had heard through the grapevine that he didn’t enjoy that. But… would that actually be a accomplishment that would get her in the sluagh? Maybe. Fae were always being hedonistic and Luella could restrain herself from such a thing. Folding up her letter, placing it in an envelope and then using the red wax to hold it together after she stamped it, Luella figured what she wrote was perfect. He had to let her join after reading this. She just knew it.)

Attachments

• 45C1F09B-EC58-48F8-9B95-7C1E91BD1406.jpeg
    45C1F09B-EC58-48F8-9B95-7C1E91BD1406.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
  • Sip
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Quacey and Midir
Midir considered the wax seal on the back of the heavy, rich envelope that sat atop his pile of paperwork for the day. A small line formed between his brow as he flicked his letter knife under the wax and broke it off in one quick slice. Several crumbs from some sweet treat or other - cake, if he were not mistaken - fell onto his desk and only deepened the frown. A nervous eater did not bode well for the contents.

But as he read... and read... and read (with a long suffering sigh half way through) Midir could only shake his head. Once he was done he neatly folded the papers back up and slid it back into its envelope. Then he rung a bell.

"Yes, your eminence?" squeaked a small brownie who appeared in the door. Midir lazily tossed the envelope to her and took another piece of paper off the top of his to do pile.

"Tell Vaer he has another recruit."

• Dab
  • Cheer
Reactions: Baenon and Zaire