Letters A Letter to Initiate Aelita

Roleplay dedicated to correspondence type roleplays such as letters.

Itachi

Of the Nine Feathers
Character Biography
Link
To the Academy initiate called Aelita ,

I am writing this to inform you that the thief you brought in the other day has died. Currently we are investigating whether it was a suicide or homicide. As the investigation is still underway, I cannot give you further details until I am authorized to do so. The guard who took the thief said that you were with a first level dreadlord who called herself Madeline. Partly for this letter is because no living Madeline exist, not even among the fourth level dreadlords or any soldier who is currently serving or has served in the North in recent years. I am trying to confirm if her name was Madeline or if you have any other information to the identity of the dreadlord for that day. The guard said she was “aggressive,” and didn’t seem willing to give much information. If you are in touch with her, I hope you exercise discretion.

I look forward to your apt reply,
-Captain Ethan Davenport

• Popcorn
Reactions: Mariana
A letter eventually reached Captain Davenport.

To the honorable Captain Davenport,

It saddens me to hear that justice has been denied in such a way.

I am also troubled to hear that the identity of the Dreadlord that was a witness remains elusive. Unfortunately, I only know that she claimed to be First Level Dreadlord Madeline. I did not confirm if this was an alias or her true name. We parted ways just after our business with the guard that apprehended the thief.

The best I can offer is a description of Madeline. She seemed to be about five and two-thirds feet tall. Fair blonde hair. A mature voice. Her clothing seemed cheap relative to a person of her standing.

I hope some of this helps you in your endeavors.

With regards,

Initiate Aelita

• Smug
Reactions: Itachi
Two weeks later, another letter would be handed to Aelita by Proctor Palahniuk (followed by a snide comment of ‘Well aren’t you miss popular.’)

It read:

Thank you for the help, initiate. You do not need to worry any further. The culprit has been found. I hope you’ve been eating well. Grow strong for Vel Anir. It needs you more than ever.

At the bottom corner, a dark brown stain was crusted onto the parchment.​

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Aelita
Thank you,” was all Aelita said in response to her favorite Proctor.

She then proceeded to read the letter with a furrowed brow.

Afterwards, she kept the letter in a corner on her desk, but declined to reply.

• Cry
On one particular night when Aelita would head back to her room after not being inside it for some time, there would be a letter on her pillow. There was no seal to keep it closed, at least not a wax one. It had been sealed with a dark glob that was crusted over the parchment.

When Aelita would open it, neat handwriting would greet her eyes as well as the following words:

Aelita,

Many start a letter asking the receiver if they have been well. I know I do not need to ask such things of you, as a future dreadlord, your wellbeing is a top priority to serve your home. I can only hope that you have been training well and seriously. Do not forget to eat. You cannot fight well if you are not eating.

I look forward to seeing you soon and testing your might.

• Stressed
Aelita read the letter. Immediately afterward, she checked the lock to her room and that of the window.

Proctors could access Initiates' rooms. But,

"What the..."

Again, Aelita declined the reply. She could not anyway without a person to address or a place to send the letter.

However, she also decided not to inform any Proctors or classmates. She double checked her door was locked every time she went out from then on, though.

• Cry
On one unordinary day, Aelita would find a letter stashed into a pocket of her pants. When it got there or even how long it had been there would be hard to discern. If she opened it up, neat handwriting would greet her. What was strange though was that the handwriting was incredibly brief. Only one word had been written.

SOON.”

• Stressed
Eventually, Aelita found the letter at the end of the day. With it being so short, Aelita read it in an instant and gave no visible response on her face. She sat the letter on her desk with a much longer note of similar handwriting.

Again, no reply came from Aelita. But, she made sure to check her pockets before leaving her room from then on.

• Cthulhoo rage