Open Chronicles A journey for vengeance.

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Character Biography
Link
The day had finally come, Amelia had been preparing herself both physically and mentally for a whole year. Today was the day she turned 197 years old and started her journey to avenge her fathers' death. The man who had been her parents best friend for as long as she could remember stood in the open doorway to the room where Amelia was packing her stuff to start her travels.

"Are you sure about this Amelia?"

"Yes, of course I'm sure about this." Amelia answered patiently.

"If anything were to happen to you I would never be able to face your father when I see him after I come to pass".

Amelia let out a sigh, not out of annoyance but because she knew her fathers' friend only meant to look out for her. She looked at him with a sorrowful smile, she had always thought of her fathers' friend as family of sorts even though they were not related at all.

"I will be fine Uncle, I haven't been preparing myself for nothing. I know it will be dangerous but I simply have to do this, if not I will never be able to find my peace of mind. You can't stop me from going!"

The man looked at her and couldn't stop himself from chuckling slightly.

"Heh, when it comes to stuff like this you are just as stubborn as your mother, she never knew when to give up either."

Amelia slung her travelbag over her left shoulder then turned to walk out of the room, as she reached the door she motioned to her uncle to move aside.

"Then you should know you can't stop me." She did not even wait for an answer.

Passing by the door she took her quiver of arrows, slung it on her back and tied it up at the front, she took her white robe with light blue trimming and finally grabbed her bow with her left hand. She then started making her way to the gateway going in and out of the city.

As she reached the road outside of the city she turned around to take one last look at what the raiders had left them with as they raided Fal'Addas. Construction workers were busy repairing several parts in the wall where the raiders had broken through, here and there you could still see weaponary and shields laying in between the rubble. It was truly a sad sight to behold, if only she hadn't been so invested in her studies she might have been able to assist in the defence during the attack.
Waving goodbye to her uncle one last time she embarked on her journey.

Taking out her world map and looking at it as she walked she mumbled softly.

"It would be best to avoid Vel Anir all together, I think making my way to Alliria and asking around for information there would be the best option for now. It should take me about.. 3 or 4 days to get there."

She put away the map, smiled and with a determined look in her eyes veered to walk in the direction of Alliria.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
Adagium helped with a lot of the reconstruction. With some of the magic spells from his spell book that were not his lager spells that required a few hours to prepare. The fires had been put out and he built some temporary shelter for the workers and people displaced by the destruction. He also supplied some water and some food with his spells as well. Just some simple plant based food with some water, but it was enough to keep a lot of the people happy and full.

The vampire would be helping some of the workers lift a log when the young woman walked up and then followed by something he had a sneaking suspicion of. He approaches the woman and the other... ah the scent. Diseased smell of vampirism. “I can assure thee, no such person hath existed near here as thou wouldst believe.”

He did not trust him. He didn’t trust many vampires other then Conrad or members of his small house. They were always driven by something usually and often times used their powers to abuse others or control them in some way. Just because they were vampires did not mean they could forget that they too were mortals in the end.

“Why doth thee ask? And what is thy name?” He asks the man keeping his book held close to him with one arm, using a finger to keep a page marked.

They were still 1 days travel away from Alliria, all the while Amelia had ignored the pressence of Adagium. She knew they were a friend of sorts on her parents side. Either way she did appreciate the help he had offered towards the repairs of the city.
It was almost afternoon when they could hear the muffled sounds of horses in full galop coming towards them. Amelia turned around towards the direction they were coming from and looked up as she heard a bird caw loudly.

"A raven it seems." She said to no one in particular while she looked up at the bird.

She moved to the side of the road and gestured Adagium to do the same thing, not knowing who or what was coming towards them she pulled the cowl of her robe a bit further over her head. That way at least her eyes would be hidden in the shadows.
When the people on horseback reached them she looked up at them as they came to a stop and spoke to them. In the small motion of her looking up her sharp eyes had already checked to see if they were carrying weapons, she noticed their attire... they were clad in full black riding black horses. She had read about vampires which the elven refered to as 'The Skotadi Black Riders' this must be them.

"Old Klathus..." She muttered.

"Hmm.. yes I've read about him, some say he takes residence somewhere near the city of Alliria, some say he travels as we are right now."

She kept her eyes strictly on the one who had spoken to them, her lips still vissible from underneath the shadows of her cowl formed a smile.

"Why doth thee ask? And what is thy name?"

She heard Adagium speak, to be fair she had totally forgotten he was there. A quick glance was enough for Amelia to notice him holding his book. She made sure to keep smiling as she had been.

"I have to agree with my companion's questions though. What brings the vampires of Skotadi Strain all the way out here? If you are out here, surely you are not merely traveling."

Amelia's right hand had a slight white glow to it, were these vampires going to attack them.. she made sure at least the one closest to them would be frozen over just to slowly wither away by her magic.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
Adagium looks at the mysterious man and listens as Amelia sort of echoed him in a way but she seemed to know more of these types of vampires. There were just to many he tended to avoid them anyways for the most part. The elven vampire had his reasons but it was mor eor less for his own protection.

But the man and his companions did not respond and simply walked away. Leaving Adagium to put his book back to his side with a cocked eyebrow. “What a cereclothed man.” He mumbles crossing his arms while he made sure they didn’t turn around to attack them. When it was clear that they had no ill intentions he turns back to Amelia.

“Forgive me, there is not many vampires I trust completely, no telling in what their intentions are.” He would adjust his collar some to make it more comfortable. “Hast thou figured out where we shall journey to?”