Fable - Ask A Dragon's Forgiveness

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Androl

The Returned
Character Biography
Link
Thanasis - The Royal Palace

"I had known of this day." The King said, his voice booming through the room as he sat upon his throne.

On his left was an empty seat, the Queen's absence almost pointed. To his right stood his sons, all three of them peering down from the Dais. The heir looking like a hawk who had spied it's next meal, the second son as disinterested as anyone Androl had ever seen, and the third...he could not read the third. His eyes bore anger and hatred, and yet none of it seemed for him.

Curious.

"My father told me, of course, and his father before him. The law is clear, and you have every right to stand where you do." The King slowly shook his head. "Yet I did not think you would have the gall."

Androl's jaw set. "I had thought the shame would still be crushing. That you would know better, but here you are anyway."

Fingers tightened into fists, his teeth threatening to shatter under the pressure, and yet he said nothing. He only stood, staring up at the King without a single word passing from his lips. He had paid his respects. He had called upon what was written. Androl knew he had a right to be here, and yet it al still felt so wrong. Was it because of them? Or was it himself?

"Bah." The King spat. "Whatever my own desires, I will have no man say that I do not follow the laws of our city."

The Heir to the Throne seemed to stiffen, his features tensing as the King continued. "Androl Nazari, you and all your heirs are from this day welcomed to return to Thanasis. The crimes of your ancestors forgiven, but never forgotten."
proxy.php
Thanasis - The Merchant's Corner

"A gift for your beloved, my Lord?"​

The merchant looked up at Androl from behind his little counter, eyes as wide a saucer. The small bauble in his hand feeling almost as light as a feather as he turned it over in his hand. It's gemstones glittered ever so slightly within the bare light of the markets, the imperfections running through the stone marking them as being from the eastern mountains. Near the Borderlands. "No, for my mother."

He offered, placing the bracelet back down onto the counter.

"Ah! What a lovely gift from a thoughtful son. Perhaps if she came to the city I could have it fitted."​

An easy smile touched Androl's face at the man. He could almost sense the eagerness within the man's voice. Perhaps he had marked himself out as an easy sale. The heavy armor on his shoulders shined almost to perfection, and he wondered if perhaps he should have changed before coming to the markets.

"She would enjoy that, but I doubt the possibility." Androl said as he placed the bauble back upon the man's counter. "Thank you, perhaps I will return later."

"Oh please do my lord! I will set the piece aside!"​

The merchant's voice began to fade as Androl walked away, intending to see the rest of the city he had only ever heard of in stories told at the hearth.

A great coppery dragon trundling after him, much to the shock of the crowds.

Raimond loved flying more than anything else in the world, that was without question. That being said, he couldn't always be in the air, and sometimes his loyal friend Ha'Than needed to stretch himself out in the sky without worrying about tossing off his rider.

So about once every seven days, Raimond sent Ha'Than out alone to get some exercise while he took care of his errands for the week. Usually, this meant doing the bare minimum not to get disowned by his already disgruntled parents, but sometimes he went above and beyond, if it meant making things easier for him at home.

It just so happened that his mother had lost one of her favorite necklaces a few days ago, and Rai just knew that getting her a replacement would soften her up enough to let him do what he pleased for at least a month. It was a golden opportunity. Most of the merchants that he'd found were peddling him the cheap stuff, imitation materials, and faux gems. Okay, he didn't dress like he was a member of a significant family, granted. Still, that they assumed he didn't have any money stung a tad.

The breaking point came when a particularly chipper merchant tried to sell him on a necklace he claimed to be made of pearls when it was pretty obvious that the cheap knock-off was made of polished white stones. Raimond had been cordial and declined respectfully, but the moment the guy thought Rai was out of earshot and another man stepped up, he pulled out the good stuff and started dealing.

Thesius stood there, arms crossed and brow raised as he watched the merchant (deservedly) get turned down again. Who was this other guy anyways? Raimond had never seen him before, but he sure as hell didn't dress like a commoner and he was built like a damned orc. Rai had been to enough city meetings between all the houses to know most of the faces of importance around Thanasis, and this guy... well, the fact he couldn't place him was a bother.

Well, that and the fact his dragon was wingless.

Never one for subtlety or shyness, Rai made his way to cross paths with the stranger as he left.

"Hey you. Hold on a second."

Odd, the closer he got, the more some hint or recognition flickered in the back of his mind. Not his face, but his outfit maybe...

• Wonder
Reactions: Androl
"Hey you. Hold on a second."

The words echoed out above the din of the crowd, and when Androl searched for the man it came from he half expected to see a member of the Royal Guard.

A greater whole of himself still couldn't quite believe that the King had actually followed through on his ancestors promise. Every step he'd taken in Thanasis had dulled his paranoia, but with the man now practically rushing towards him he couldn't help but get his hackles up.

Still, Androl did as he was bade.

His steps slowed to a halt, odd yellowed eyes turning towards Raimond as he approached. Shoulders square as though he were half expecting a fight. Yet despite that a smile pulled on his lips expression as friendly as he could make it.

He wasn't here to antagonize anyone. Not when he'd just been allowed back.

Behind him Erenex slowly slunk through the crowd. A few whispers of commoners rising around him as they tried to determine whether he was a Dragon, or something else entirely. His sinewy form finding a place directly behind Androl, tail pulling around himself as he tried to make himself smaller within the tight corridors of the market.

"Can I help you?" He asked, reminding himself to keep the cheer in his tone.

There were a lot of weird vibes coming off of the strange yellow-eyed man, and they hit Rai like a sack of rocks the moment he locked his eyes on him and opened his mouth. Thesius's mind already had alarm bells ringing in an attempt to stop him from initiating conversation, but the young man had hardly ever listened to them before, and he wasn't about to start now.

"Sorry if I startled you, It's just..." Raimond came to a stop, his brow creasing with thought as he looked the mysterious fellow over. Not many people in Thanasis had the money for threads like that, and there weren't a whole lot of Auresh Dragons around either. "Haven't seen you around before, and I know most everybody among the nobles and wealthy. You new in town?" New? In Thanasis? It wasn't like this was a place you could just wander into on accident; the surrounding land was damn near inhospitable without a Dragon to protect you.

"I'm Raimond Thesius." Somewhat awkwardly he extended a hand. If Rai didn't know any better he'd swear the guy tensed up like he was expecting a punch, but... nah, he was imagining things. Had to be, right? Why be that on edge? "You'll have to give me some tips on getting that merchant to show off the good stuff and not the cheap imitations sometime."

There were a lot of things Raimond didn't do too well, but breaking the ice wasn't one of them.

• Sip
Raimond Thesius

Androl's mind flickered to a list of names the moment Raimond introduced himself.

Although the noble houses of Thanasis had never much been a large concern for those on the Borderlands, his own family had known that he would return to the city one day. Thus his education had seen nearly everyone of influence in the city named at one point or another.

Unfortunately, as much as he combed through his memories, Androl couldn't remember where House Thesius had fallen into regarding his family. "I am."

He admitted, still somewhat dubious.

"Just arrived today from the Borderlands." Androl explained before grabbing the mans hand. His grip unmistakably that of a soldiers. "Androl Nazari."

The name would speak for itself, or perhaps it wouldn't. His sister had warned him that such might be the case. The King remembered, the family they had wronged remembered, but perhaps nobody else did. The commons, his mother had said, were fickle and swift to turn, but each noble houses carried it's own memories.

"And I find having a stern face helps." Androl joked.

Raimond's initial assessment of the stranger had been that he was unusually imposing even for a noble. When he felt the strength of his hand around his and heard the claims that he made of coming from the borderland, it meant either he was right or this Androl Nazari was one of the craziest liars he'd ever met.

Among Thanasis aristocracy, that would be an impressive achievement.

"Nazari..." Thesius hummed as he shook Androl's hand, turning his thoughts over in his head for half a second. "Yeah, I've definitely heard that name before. You've been on the outs with the royal family for a long time, haven't you?" It was, perhaps, a bit too blunt a question given the subject matter, but Thesisus didn't know the details; only what very little he'd been told by those in his family and dignitaries from other families, all in whispers of course.

Raimond didn't seem to care that much about the specifics, though. Crossing his arms over his chest, he offered a little smirk up to the man. "I get it now. You're back from the Borderlands because they let you back in, huh?" That would definitely explain a lot. Why he looked lost, but not lost at the same time. Those expensive clothes... "Well that's cool, I suppose. Glad the stuffed noses cut you a break. Need somebody to help re-acclimate you to things?"

Rai wasn't doing much, and it never helped to have powerful friends.

• Aww
The first question came, and Androl nodded slowly in the affirmative. Fingers tensed at his side, and he prepared for some sort of rebuke. His family name was less than mud to some, and to others their very presence was an insult.

Then Raimond continued to speak.

A knot that had formed in his chest seemed to loosen ever so slightly.

Androl had half expected the man to shout in his face. It wouldn't have been unexpected if Raimond had chosen to challenge him to a duel or attempt to make his name by killing the last Nazari in Thanasis. Hell, he might have even gone without blame from the Wardens.

Yet instead of harsh rebuke, instead of insult, Androl was offered a hand of friendship.

The young warrior couldn't help the shock which flickered over his features. Surprise painted with just a hint of suspicion as though he suspected this may still be some sort of trap. Golden eyes flickered up and down, inspecting the other man.

After a moment Androl broke out into a smile. "Yes."

He answered finally.

"I would enjoy that." A nod tipped his head, the smile growing. The last thing he had expected to do today was make a friend, put perhaps the man in front of him could be that. "I've seen the city on a map, but..."

A shrug rolled over his shoulders as he chuckled. "Walking through it all I feel like a child lost without his mother."

Let it not be said that Raimond wasn't good at breaking the ice, nor that he let things like politics cloud his opinions. This Androl guy... Rai doubted he was alive during whatever mess his family had gotten into, so why the hell would he look down on him for the sins of his predecessors? "I can only imagine. Growing up here, you kind of get a feel for things, but this place isn't real tourist-friendly."

That was Raimond's polite way of saying he thought Thanasis was needlessly bloated and complex. Sometimes he felt like the people in charge of this city had some sort of complex wherein they needed to make things look as ridiculous as possible. Still, Raimond didn't talk too harshly of the place as he walked Androl through the old ruins of the Merchants Corner and back out into the streets of the Inner City.

"The Inner City sets right up against the mountains, which makes it really snug and confusing sometimes, but if you've got the means it's not a bad place to live. Especially if you've got a Dragon. Speaking of, what's the guy's name?" Of course, Androl's wingless wonder probably wouldn't be able to use a lot of the amenities meant for Dragons in the Inner City, but then flightless dragons were a good deal rarer these days. As they cross over a spotless intersection in the road, well-dressed citizens heading across the way to the Palace District with nary a glance towards them, Raimond gestured towards the mountains looming beyond the city.

"Some of the more old-school types prefer living in Ōmeyōcān. Old cave village underneath the mountains from back before the City was finished. I've only been up there once, but I don't recommend it as a vacation destination."

A smirk crossed his lips. Damn, maybe being a tour-guide was his true calling? Bet Bani couldn't hold a candle to him in that.

• Aww
Androl followed along closely with everything Raimond said as he was lead through the city. The calm and confident mask that he wore was forgotten as he too in the sights and sounds of a place he had only been told of as a child.

Despite his new found friends protestations, there was something wondrous about Thanasis to Androl.

It was as if the stories he'd been told came to life, with both the bad parts and the goods. More than a few times as Raimond was saying something Androl struggled to catch it, too focused on the strange new world around them. "Hm?"

"Oh."
The Knight said. "He is Erenex."

As he said the dragons name the great Auresh slowly stepped forward. Finely dressed merchants and nobles around the two quickly scattered as Erenex approached, his great tongue lulling out of his mouth as he happily.

Androl reached up, patting his bondmate on the snout. "Ōmeyōcān."

He said the word almost reverently. "Maybe not a great vacation place, but Ill have to travel there before I leave nevertheless."

It was another of those places, a spot written of in the annals of history even in his own family. He continued to pet Erenex, the dragon beginning to drool. His spittle hissing on the cobbles below as it struck. Seemingly unnoticed by Androl.

"But." Androl said with a smile. "Perhaps you can show me a good place to have some fun."

The knight then quickly added. "If it's not too much imposition."

Of course, most of the mystique of Thanasis did wane when one spent their entire life here. The sights that were wonderous to any outsider became mundane and ordinary to somebody who lived in this world. The child-like wonder in Androl's eyes though... it even caused Rai to take notice.

A smile crept back across his face.

"You're right, I'm being a little blasé. You've been stuck outside this whole time, so to you, this place is probably like some fairy tale, ain't it?" Really, Raimond related to him a bit. It was much the same way he felt about the outside world, the rumored lands across the ocean said to be ten times as big as the place they called home. Surely there had to be some incredible sights out there, right?

Still, it was hammered into him that he wasn't to try and find out for himself. Taking your Dragon out over the ocean was a major no-no. Enough of one that even Rai didn't dare push it, lest he end up in the same situation Androl had just gotten out of.

Really, the oddly dressed fellow represented the most interaction with an outsider he'd ever had. That was probably part of why he was fascinated by him. When Androl asked what there was to do for fun, Raimond changed course, taking them down a road leading out of the Inner District.

"Course I don't mind. Depends on what you're looking for though. Thrills, drinks, women... People use 'fun' to describe way too many things. Me personally? I just like flying."

Raimond didn't know what this Androl guy was into, but it was time he saw another side of Thanasis, the one that wasn't sterilized by the rich.

• Wonder
Flying.

There were dragons of a different sort than just the Auresh in the Borderlands of course. Androl was no stranger to Erenex's winged kin. Some of his own cousins had even earned the right to bond some of the great beasts. Though he had always thought doing so himself would be an insult to his own partner.

Now though? He could take the opportunity. Erenex knew he would never be abandoned, and if there was one place to experience somewhere knew it was the heartland of his people. Thanasis was a jewel he would not visit often.

He had to take the chance.

Still patting the great Dragons snout, Androl smiled at his new company. "Show me whatever you got."

He said, confidence filling his voice.

"I've been a soldier all my life." Trained to claw back what little honor his family could have. Constantly fighting, with only brief flickers of fun. Whatever he could experience now, within this tiny gap before duty called him once more, Androl would sezie it. "It's time to live a little."

If only for a short while.

He walked besides Raimond, Erenex trailing just behind as the soldier eagerly awaited their next venture.

• Smug
Reactions: Raimond Thesius
Raimond couldn't help but smirk at Androl's response. Were the noble tightwads just keeping out all the fun people to spite him? If Rai had a few more drinking buddies he might not want to get out of this damned city so badly. "Whatever I've got, huh? Alright then, you're on." Raising a finger, he spun it to the left and turned down the narrow street looping back to the outer district.

The Inner city was certainly shiny and expensive looking, but one look at the Outer District once the sun fell dispelled any doubt that it held a unique zest and flavor of its own, a spirit Raimond always much preferred. Palace taverns always served sickly sweet brews, and Inner District pubs tended to be overpriced. A thin layer of dust at the bottom of your mug added character, in his opinion.

The sounds of music traveling through the wandering streets led the Thesius heir and his new companion down a bustling market street. This one though, was a far cry from the shops he'd found Androl at initially. Whereas those stalls had been manned by career salesmen looking for the next big score, these were food shops and grog-tossers lined with seats set out right there on the road. "I always hit Reah Street on the way home. You can sit down, get a cold mug and a hot plate."

Throwing a finger up to one of the proprietors, a portly fellow dressed in an old raggedy tunic, he smiled and waved them over to a pair of empty seats. "Come on, what do you like to eat, man?"

• Aww
The market that now surrounded them was vastly different than the one Androl had found himself in first. It was almost as if this place had been hidden away more carefully, tucked to the side so only those who were wanted found it.

He had no way of knowing if that was true, but he certainly felt it was as he moved through the crowd alongside Raimond. "Uhh."

Androl said, a hand running through his hair.

"I don't really know." He admitted. "At the wall we have the usual fare, but it's mostly soldiers food."

Oh there were a few more outlandish things to eat of course. Every now and again there was a hunt, and the local villages did provide fruits and vegetables, but it was nothing like what could be found in a proper city. His head turned for a moment and he scanned over the stall.

After a few seconds his eyes settled on what looked to be a rack of ribs. Spiced with some exotic smell. "That."

He said pointing. "Think I'll try that."

Rai gave a smirk and nodded to the rotund gentlemen behind the counter they sat at. "You heard the man! I'll take my usual, Reagish." The chef nodded, wiping down his hands with a cloth before disappearing into the kitchen behind swinging doors behind him. His assistant, a pale-skinned woman with a thin face framed by a silver tail of hair hanging over one shoulder, slid the steaming plate of ribs to Androl with a wink and a wave of her fingers.

Raimond peered over Androl's shoulder, giving an impressed nod at the meal. Or the girl, hard to tell really. "Reashish's ribs are really sweet. I dunno what he uses, but it's something special, that's for sure." After a moment, he nudges him with his elbow. "And look at you, already getting eyes from the girls. I figured you would, with that mysterious look you got goin' on." People as well dressed as him eating in the Outer District weren't too common, and that made both of them hot commodities. Not that Raimond usually entertained offers from the locals. He had enough things keeping him from the skies without a woman on his arm.

Well, unless her name was Melisandre.

Raegish returned from the kitchen after a few more minutes, a plate of what looked like cooked fish lined up in a row in his arms, each cut a golden brown with a different sauce drizzled over the top of every one. Rai leaned forward, practicallty drooling as it was set in front of him. Still, he did his due diligence, tossing the chef a few gold coins for the meal, and an extra for the lovely young server who was steal stealing looks at his new friend.

"Dig in, brother! Time for you to eat a real meal!"

• Aww
Androl smirked wide as Raimond lauded his ability to draw eyes.

Such things weren't exactly...kosher on the wall. Relationships happened of course, flirtations too, but so openly? No. They were there for a purpose, for war. The bonds were often forged through battle and blood, not open staring in the city streets.

There was something novel about the experience of being looked at, and Androl couldn't help the slight swell of pride in his chest. These were experiences that he simply never had, things that he had never even really considered.

Women? Food?

Who dreamed of such things when trained for a lifetime of battle against the outer wilds of Malakath. "It's the eyes."

Androl said with a smirk to his new friend. "They tend to grab a few looks now and then."

A pang of guilt struck through him as Raimond paid for the meal, and Androl reminded himself to repay the small debt before they parted ways. It would not due to have anyone think that House Nazari did not pay it's own way. Particularly on a day like today.

With a smile the exiled Dragon rider looked down at his own meal, digging in and shoving the ribs into his mouth in much the same way any soldier would. A lack of decorum showing in the way he began his meal, such things never really taught.

"This is deli-" Before he could finish, a voice suddenly called out.

"OH! I know you! It's you, ain't it?"​

A man called from the streets, his voice tinged already with anger. Eyes settled firmly on Androl.

Raimond balked at Androl's bragging, giving him a firm pat on his shoulder before taking a knife and slicing one of the cooked fish in front of him into strips, wrapping the fillet around the blade before biting into it as though it were a kebab.

"Mmh. Thell you wath..." He spoke in a muffled voice through his food, swallowing it before he finished. "I had glow in the dark eyes I bet I'd finally get Melisandre to pay me more than a passing glance."

Wishful thinking on his part. Mel was sweet, but that girl had the attention span of a goldfish sometimes.

The guilt Androl displayed was missed by Raimond, but even if he had seen it he would have dismissed it outright. Rai didn't exactly come from a poor family, which made things a lot easier when his favorite grub was nice and cheap.

It wasn't long before his new friend overcame his misgivings and went wild on his meal, earning some hollers of approval from other patrons at the sheer ferocity with which he shovled the food into his maw like he was a damned dragon himself!

Then, of course, something had to go and ruin the fun.

Somebody called out with a voice decidedly less jovial than all the rest of them. His eyes weren't glowing, but they were staring sharp little daggers at Raimond's new pal, and he didn't much appreciate that.

"Friend of yours?"

"Whose Melisandre?" Though he knew the names of Houses and families, individuals were still something he missed out on.

Not every noble son or daughter had a portrait painted of them, plus a first name was just a name. Though he assumed whoever it was would be of equal station with Raimond, after all that was only to be expected within Thanasis.

Stepping outside of it didn't even come as a thought to someone like Androl.

When the man called out to them the former Exile seemed to freeze. His lips thinned, and his mouth slowly stopped it's chewing. Glowing eyes flickered over towards the man that called out to him, eyes flickering to see if he knew him. "No."

He said, slowly turning his attention back to Raimond.

"I don't know him." A shrug rolled over his shoulders, but the man was already striding forward towards the two of them.

"Hey! Don't ignore me, scum! I served in the legions! I know how you are!"
Androl tensed, hands slowly grasping at the small scraps of rags that had been given to them in order to clean their fingers.

• Haha
Reactions: Melisandre
Rai would be sure to tell Androl all about the gorgeous woman he was ridiculously attracted to at a later time, right now it looked like there was a bit of a situation they needed to handle, and if the rising tone of the stranger's voice was anything to go by, it was gonna get worse before it got any better. He dropped the food he was carrying, spun around in his spot, and looked between the tensing Androl and the encroaching Legionnaire.

Obviously, not everybody was as willing to forgive and forget old sins as Rai was. Fuck, why did people have to be so damned uptight? Didn't matter, a fight wasn't happening here. Not on his watch.

Quickly Rai sprang from his seat and deftly slid himself in the path of the angry fellow, crossing his arms and doing his best impression of his father, looking down at the aggressor's eyes while somehow still sticking his nose down at him. "Then you should also know who I am, sir." His family was far from the strongest or most influential in Thanasis, but they still had a seat at the table, and were one of the oldest and most respected.

"This gentleman is a guest of the Thesius house and has been cleared of wrongdoing by The King. Unless you wish to look very, very unprofessional to your superiors, not to mention your King, I would leave now before you transgress any further."

Holy hell, this was difficult. How did the stiffs at the top of the ladder talk like this all the time? His words weren't untrue, but it was so far beneath him to be the 'Don't you know who I am' guy that it hurt coming out of his mouth.

• Aww
The man seemed to puff up slightly as Rai stood to him, though the wind began to quickly exit his sails as name and title was uttered. Lips thinned, and for a moment Androl though the stranger would continued to push his luck. Instead he seemed to deflate, letting out a sigh and shoving a finger over Raimond’s shoulder.

“YOU’RE STILL THE SAME SCUM AS YOUR FOREFATHERS!”

He spat on the ground, then turned on his heel and began to walk away.

Androl watched him for a few moments, letting the fists he had drawn his hands into slowly unfurl. After a moment more he looked at Raimond. ”Thank you.”

He couldn’t keep the distaste from his tongue.

Though he was happy to have Raimond defend him, the fact that he’d needed to brought no small sliver of shame. What his family had done still haunted him even hundreds of years onward. A fact that he had known of before, but having to actually be confronted with it made things…different.

His head shook as he took a breath.

”Perhaps I should take my leave.” Androl said with a gesture. ”The meal was fantastic, but…”

The dragon of the wall looked up at his new companion. ”I’d rather not invite another…incident.”

Perhaps it would be better if he found someplace private, or left Thanasis all together. Many people had long memories, and it would be best not to disturb them. Best that he prove his families value first, best that he show this city and those in it that his name meant more than traitors to the crown.

Raimond didn't turn back to Androl, watching the angry man as he stormed off just to make sure he didn't get any funny ideas about spinning around and marching right back. "Nah, that guy is just a dick. Don't pay any mind to him." Slowly, he turned around with a smile returned to his face, albeit a bit less bombastic than it was minutes prior.

"If it wasn't you, it woulda been somebody else. Those military types come to the outer district to unwind because they can get drunk enough to lose their sense of restraint without a superior batting an eye. Had one of them try and arrest me for wolf-whistling once, if you can believe it."

Rai didn't give two shits what Androl's family had done or how long ago it had been. The law was the law, and if the King said he was good to go, he was good to go. Not only that, but he was a guest of the Thesius house. An attack on Androl was an attack on him too.

Not that he was usually the type for name-pride.

Reaching back to the table to grab his last bite of dinner though, he did realize it was getting late. Raimond watched the cook clean up shop for the night as he chewed down and swallowed the remainder, tossing the stick in the small tray waiting to be washed.

"Tell you what, man. If you're really worried about those guys coming across you, lemme take you to an inn they don't frequent, so you aren't frettin' about it so much."

• Bless
Androl scoffed as the Raimond spoke of nearly being arrested.

Such a thing was nearly unheard of on the Bastion, but then again there wasn't really an opportunity for wolf whistling. Most of the time the partners you...danced with were found on the battlements besides you, and by the time you got to whistling things were already decided.

A small smile touched his face as Raimond continued his courtesy, the generosity the man had shown already seeming endless. "I..."

He couldn't help but still feel a mark of concern. He was happy to have made a friend, of sorts, but did not wish for his own name to impact Raimond. Yet after a moment the drive that had brought him to Thanasis in the first place took over.

Androl had come here to reclaim his families status. To find where they now fit within a society of rules and noble hierarchy that they had not been a part of for over four hundred years.

"If you insist." The warrior said with a smile. "Who am I to refuse?"

Raimond cracked a smug little grin, tilting his head to the side. "Good, because I wouldn't have taken no for an answer anyways." He brings a hand around to pat him on the shoulder as he gives a nod to Reagish and heads further into the Outer District, not looking to ensure Androl was following. "In return, I wanna know what all the fuss is about. City curriculum is awfully vague about people outside our little bubble."

He would press for much in terms of details. To get an old scrappy vet like that one so worked up, the issues must have run pretty deep, and Rai wasn't totally insensitive. Still, it'd be foolish not to know what he was getting involved with.

Said the boy who has already involved himself.

Raimond winced at the voice of his older brother in his head. Gods, the old sack wasn't even here and he was still nagging him in his imagination. It made him wonder for a moment if perhaps Rune and Androl's people had ever crossed paths in battle, back when his older brother was able to serve.

The sinking feeling that settled in his chest urged him not to think about that possibility. Rune had never told Raimond who it was that had killed his dragon and grievously wounded him to the point he could barely walk without assistance. The idea it might have been somebody associated with the man he was helping now...

He didn't like to think about it.

They walked through the thinning crowds of the evening, most of the denizens of the district filing away to safety for the night; not that Thanasis was particularly dangerous after dark, but every city had its shadows. "My family doesn't have much in the way of power..." Rai made conversation as they approached a tall building with light pouring through its curtained windows, a dangling, unreadable sign hanging under the noticeably sagging roof. It looked... pretty rough, but for some reason the sounds of many came from within. "But we helped found the city ages ago, so we still have some pull."

• Aww
Androl considered for a moment, and then nodded. "I will tell you anything you want to know."

With some...obvious exceptions of course.

There were parts of his own family that he would not reveal to anyone, save for his future betrothed and children. Every noble family was like that though. All of them had secrets, something they would prefer to keep to themselves.

Some were darker than others of course, and Androl knew which side his family swayed to. Other than those small black marks though, he would happily repay Raimond's kindness with information about whatever he wanted. Whether it was his House, the wall, or the ongoing wars with the denizens that made Malakath so dangerous.

He smiled as they came upon his new friends home.

"It's amazing." Androl assured Raimond. "I live in a cave."

The Soldier jested, though i wasn't too far from the truth. The great defenses of Thanasis were carved into the very mountainside. Their homes were not cities built up, but rather into the mountains themselves. "Compared to that, this is breathtaking."

Androl complemented with a grin.

Amazing? Well, Rai wasn't sure of Androl's living conditions, but he did know that life outside of the cities could be rough, to say the very least. That the old Double-Arrow inn was something he could find comfort in was eye-opening, but then he supposed he found it rather homey himself. "Yeah? I'll be honest, I sneak out this way sometimes when I need to get away from my folks and the manor. We're wealthy, but I've always felt more in tune with the commoners. Maybe I just don't understand rich types."

Maybe it was because he'd seen what that life could do to you, what it had done to Errune. Selfish pricks at the top had taken everything from him, and he still worked for them. It was all he knew how to do anymore. Slipping ahead of Androl, Raimond leads him in through the creaky front door to the warm tea room the Double-Arrow was popular with the locals for, as opposed to the dingy bars that dotted most of the district.

The warmth of the small room was something he'd always missed, the four tables dotted through the torchlit room with the aroma of freshly brewed leaves wafting from the line of pots and kettles behind the counter. He gave the older woman who ran the place a nod and a wave of his hand for his usual order.

"Grab a seat, man. You like tea?"

• Bless
Androl didn't comment on the topic of 'rich folk', mostly because he didn't have much experience in the setting.

His family was, technically, still of the nobility. They were allowed the training of dragons, they had the wealth to fund arms and armor, but in reality they were so far removed from Thanasis that they might as well have hailed from a different nation.

The Wall was a different ecosystem all its own. Out there it didn't matter where you were born, what mattered was you fought for the men and women beside you. That was your worth, nothing less and nothing more.

Even in a time of relative peace, that still counted for more than anything. "Well enough."

Androl answered in regards to tea.

"We don't get the best stuff out there." He said with a chuckle. "But It's better than the swill my father contends is water."