Completed A cookfire in the Spine

Abbas

Wandering woodsman
Character Biography
Link
"Bounty my friend! This forest has yielded an absolute bounty for my humble table." The orc appreciatively gazes on the large fallen tree that now holds a selection of berries and mushrooms, some salted meats, dried forest leaves, two skins of spring water and his own two loaves of crusty bread. After a moment, he turns to sit on a stump in front of a small fire which has a pot hanging above it. "And now for the stew."

For some time he stirs and tastes the stew, adding salt or pepper from a pouch every now and then. "This might be the most appetizing stew I have ever created. Might even be better than the one before yesterday." He looks over the pot and into the empty eye sockets of a squirrel skull that sits upon a large stone. "Ou, don't look at me like that! I was hungry and you walked into the trap. Better me than an eagle, at least my way is fairly quick."

The orc checks on the stew once more and figures there's time more. He slides from the stump to half- sit half-lean on it. Begins to idly play with an arrow head and continues to the skull. "You know, I wouldn't say no to some proper conversation. Not that I don't appreciate your taciturn wisdom. But there is something to be said about dialogue with ones peers. See, there are facial expressions that I can actually comprehend, or that they play with vocal pitch to convey hidden meanings." The orc momentarily pauses, to just continue after a few heartbeats. "What I would say? I don´t actually know. Probably politely greet them, state my name, provide my reason for being here and offer them something to start a cordial relationship... "Hello. My name is Abbad. My blood comes from this land. Do you want some berries?"... Should do quite well for starters."

After some time of quiet contemplation, Abbad cracks a yawn "Think I'm going to grab some shuteye. Wake me when the stew is done." He says to the stoic squirrel skull.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Kikwi
Maecey did not have any squirrels to talk to.

Well, she probably would if she tried, but talking to animals wasn't exactly something she was used to. The little Halfling was far too busy making her way through the prickly vines of the forest to actually do anything of the sort though.

Blood covered most of her clothes, some still staining her face. The wounds on her side and the cut to her thighs showed that she had been in a fight just a short while ago, though the true indicator of that was her all around ragged state.

To put it shortly; She looked like hell.

The mission had gone wrong. It turned out that the Guild had underestimated a target, and the team of three they had sent should have been a squad of twelve.

Their attack had gone poorly, a mage cutting one of her compatriots to pieces before they even got close, and the target himself killing her other companion. Maecey had made it out, though only thanks to a potion of invisibility.

Now she was dragging herself through this forest, chances of survival slim.

Yet in the air she could smell something. Food. A stew? Lips thinned for a moment and her ears twitched. It was risky but...the Halfling stalked towards the smell. Perhaps she'd live after all.

Abbas