Open Chronicles A Compass that only points... down?

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Amades

Veil Aligned
Character Biography
Link

Entering Port
Morning

Under a bright blazing blue sky on a sunny day, carried on a refreshing sea breeze to put life into your bones, the Vai Ilnarem, a 700-ton four-deck small carrack-sized vessel known as a Cavark, was slowing to dock, its great white sales being withdrawn by a colorful crew in very foreign looking western 'waterwear' clothing. Chief among them Stout Westward Dwarves on Guard, Agile Travelling Nashanti, and many humans, mostly from the Vos Manti archipelago or its surrounding islands. There was a shine to the wooden deck that only came with care and attention, even love for this vessel. True to their high spirits among the guards, the crossbowman, and the Vai Ilnarem's sailors, they were singing in an attempt to best the ship's bards who were playing their hearts out. The joy evident at getting some shore leave was not missed by anyone who'd been out on the ocean long enough. Well, almost anyone.

"Prepare for mooring Mr Landear!" A thickset bald dwarf shouted to the quartermaster, who snorted irritably, the only man alive who could be angry while happy at the same time, soon barking curse words bad enough to make a sailor blush. Nobody liked the quartermaster, he was a real fetcher if there ever was one, always the lash never the rum.

Among the hustle on the deck, Amades looked as disheveled as ever, his bright blond hair curled every which way but straight, which is what happens when you wake up to someone hitting you with a fish? More on that later. Fixing up the ropes to secure the ship was heavy work, they were thicker than an arm, tying the knots was a skill that took years to learn, but the mooring hitch was a well-known knot to use.

Not dressed in fancy clothes, because he'd never owned a pair, but dressed in clothes he could relax ashore in. The Vos Manti human was wearing a beige tunic and brown pants, with all manner of colorful trinkets surrounding him, the half-female elf companion by his side watching him work was dressed much the same, only in sleeker and more practically put-together clothing. Both were probably armed, though with the elf you never could tell.

Tadarie blinked at him, noting his hair blowing about in the breeze "So what's the plan flop top?"

"The plan?"

"Yep, the plan for you know, our vacation."

"Later." Amades still had the stink of being woken up by an undercooked aquatic alarm bell to the face. Running a hand through his hair in an ongoing and pointless struggle to straighten it out. "First..." he finished the final knot, "we need a drink."

Around them the crew began departing the ship soon enough, at least a hundred and fifty thirsty sailors out of the two hundred crew, the nearby taverns were about to be overfull you might say, bursting with colorful new arrivals spending through their coin in the few days they had here. Surely between the barkeeps and the cityguard they had it well in hand, until the sun went down anyway, if any Sailor was still standing by then.

"Gotta ask, why'd he hit you with a fish, again?"

And on that decidedly fishy note, a certain tavern's doors were pushed open to now streaming visitors, and inside they saw...

A certain young female who goes by the name of Naomi Brazen. She smiled as she cleaned the tavern counter with a damp cloth. She stretched a bit before seeing that many of the folks in the tavern had left. That's when she noticed Amades. Her gaze softened as simply the sight of him was her definition of 'Handsome'.

"Naomi! Hurry up! I want to go home!" A voice from further in the tavern called. She sighed as she grabbed the cloth and went into the back of the tavern.

"I'm coming!" She called to her tavern-mate. She went to the back and began cleaning there as her tavern-mate headed to the front. Naomi began humming a small tune of a song her father used to sing to her. Soon enough her hum began to turn into a beautiful singing voice. As she finished her little tune, the tavern doors could be heard. She went out to the counter. "I'm sorry, but the tavern is clo-" She stopped mid sentence.

"Naomi, who's that? Don't they know the tavern is closed!" Her friend said.

"I'm handling it!" She said back. In front of the tavern counter was Amades. She gave a small smile. "Sorry. Is there something I can help you with?" Naomi said, speaking softly. She grabbed a glass from the stand beside her.

(Sorry, not very lengthy! I did try my best to match you though!)

• Yay
Reactions: Amades
Alima Aiken

Amades grinned embarrassedly as the lady approached, moved a hand down his cheek, and pressed his lips thoughtfully. A chorus of thirsty sailors behind them heads sank, but only for a second, "next tavern!" Soon the throngs of crew started milling around to the next watering hole, leaving the two newcomers standing there awkwardly in the entranceway, "I've interrupted your song," which for his Vos Manti culture was a sad thing to do, to pull someone out of that happy creative space, and her voice seemed joyful. He looked around at the quiet tavern, "and we have arrived too early or late," clapping his hands together to break the awkwardness.

"Ya think", Arie said leaning against the door frame and scrunching her nose, she took out a silver coin and began rolling it around her palm, a coin she'd probably lifted again from her partner in their ongoing game to test his awareness or lack of. Really she tried to teach him the value of holding money, but it never worked.

This would complicate things, "we are weary sailors, seeking a quiet table to meet our friends ashore on the few days we have here," moving his hand to his belt, he politely offered over a small grey pouch of coins, which was probably far too much for his request.

Arie covered her eyes, almost all his vacation money and it was being given away the first minute ashore! Biting her lip so she didn't make another comment she stubbed her toe down on the floor instead, which seemed to hurt.

"If it doesn't put you out too much?" Shooting a look at both women, to show he was asking for both their permissions. He was sure he'd make more on this mystery than three days living expenses, probably, that was future Amades problem. Solving it was far more exciting than a full belly and a drink anyway.

OOC:
That was great. Write what you feel. Never mind the length for me.

Vulpesen had gone back home. he had beeen welcomed, fed, offered drink, clothed in fine silks, and bedded in silken sheets. It had been years since he'd been so pampered, about decade since the battle of Almerand which had led to him spending those ten years on the road. But that comfort had all been in Veradune, his home deep within the Ixchel Wilds. Life moves on and now, he had two masters, both of whom had decided he set sail for the Allirian seas. Slavers had been afoot, and now they lay chained on a ship headed for the far reaches of Epressa, or deep in the crushing blackness beneath the rolling waves of the unforgiving ocean.

It had been a mission well spend and succeeded. But now, Vulpesen looked more like a drowned rat than a noble protector of freedom. He'd nearly lost his sea legs and getting used to the rolling tide had taken him more effort than he expected. Success had come but mistakes had been made. What he needed now, was something to help him forget his more embarrassing tumbles.

The first tavern he arrived at, he had intended to slip in behind a couple of fellow sailors, easily identified by their briny scent and water proofed clothing. Unfortunately, his pointed Zorren ears, no longer hidden by his illusions, flicked at the annoying sounds of a refusal. "I'll pay upfront for the drinks and see to my own mess," he chimed in from behind his possible savior who was already holding up a lovely little bribe. "Just please don't make me take another step without a cold ale or good rum." Dressed in sleek blacks and a light cloak which covered most of his daggers and the majority of his slim sword, he looked less like the rigger of a ship and more like mercenary. Vulpesen's hair was tousled by the wind and his golden eyes glowed a bit dimmer than usual. Even with his best attempt at a smile, it wasn't hard to put together just how tired he was.

Amades Alima Aiken

• Yay
Alima Aiken

Amades grinned embarrassedly as the lady approached, moved a hand down his cheek, and pressed his lips thoughtfully. A chorus of thirsty sailors behind them heads sank, but only for a second, next tavern! Soon the throngs of crew started milling around to the next watering hole, leaving the two newcomers standing there awkwardly in the entranceway, Ive interrupted your song, which for his Vos Manti culture was a sad thing to do, to pull someone out of that happy creative space, and her voice seemed joyful. He looked around at the quiet tavern, and we have arrived too early or late, clapping his hands together to break the awkwardness.
Naomi smiled. She sighed giving the man a look of tiredness. She simply couldn't say no to the nice man. "It's fine. You and your folks came just a little bit late. That's all." She spoke softly. She gave a small giggle as the man in front of her clapped to fill the nearly silent tavern.

Alima Aiken[/USER}
This would complicate things, [COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)]we are weary sailors, seeking a quiet table to meet our friends ashore on the few days we have here,[/COLOR] moving his hand to his belt, he politely offered over a small grey pouch of coins, which was probably [B]far[/B] too much for his request.

[COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)]If it doesnt put you out too much?[/COLOR] Shooting a look at both women, to show he was asking for both their permissions. He was sure hed make more on this mystery than three days living expenses, probably, that was future Amades problem. Solving it was far more exciting than a full belly and a drink anyway.

[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=rgb(124, 112, 107)]She took the small grey pouch, looking inside. Her eyes widened slightly. The amount of coins within the pouch was too much. She left out a shaky breath. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(214, 197, 10)]"Sir, I'll let you and your folks stay until your friends come ashore but this is far too much."[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(124, 112, 107)] Naomi said as she shook the pouch lightly. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(214, 197, 10)]"Here, I'll lead you to a table but please. I don't need any of this."[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(124, 112, 107)] She said handing the man back his pouch. She took the man by the hand and lead him and his crew to a table as Naomi flustered herself with thoughts of him. She shook her head to get the thoughts out. "[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(214, 197, 10)]This is the table you may wait at." She[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(124, 112, 107)] let go of the mans hand and held her own. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(214, 197, 10)]"If you need anything, I'll be at the front." [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(124, 112, 107)]With that, she went back to cleaning, smiling to herself.[/COLOR]

• Yay
Percy's ears flickered from behind the tall man who requested cool ale and rum, and he sighed in annoyance when he learned he was too late, and sighed. "Is there possibly a way I might join this group of late folk?" He asked politely from his spot in the doorway, and a tired smile made its way on his face, matching the fair lady's. "If you would like the help, I shall help close up the lovely tavern." He added, and tried for his most charming smile, but it wasn't full of his usual excitement and wit.

He held up a bag of coins he had lifted from one of the passing sailors, a secret he hoped no-one would figure out. He may be a thief, but he wasn't a heathen. He knew to pay when it was needed.

"I do hope its not to much trouble," The rabbit added quietly.

• Yay
Percys ears flickered from behind the tall man who requested cool ale and rum, and he sighed in annoyance when he learned he was too late, and sighed. Is there possibly a way I might join this group of late folk? He asked politely from his spot in the doorway, and a tired smile made its way on his face, matching the fair ladys. If you would like the help, I shall help close up the lovely tavern. He added, and tried for his most charming smile, but it wasnt full of his usual excitement and wit.

He held up a bag of coins he had lifted from one of the passing sailors, a secret he hoped no-one would figure out. He may be a thief, but he wasnt a heathen. He knew to pay when it was needed.

I do hope its not to much trouble, The rabbit added quietly.

"Oh, It's no trouble at all." Naomi said as she pushed the bag back to the small rabbit. "There is no need to pay. You may help close up the tavern. I am a bit short handed." She admitted. She grabbed a separate rag from her own and gave it to the small rabbit. She finished the counter and sighed softly. "Wipe down the tables please. I'll be in the back doing dishes." She spoke softly as she walked back through a wooden door that lay behind the bar. She began scrubbing the dishes.

• Yay

proxy.php
Just one more stop, she thought with a blink of happiness. The morning had been a hectic encounter that left her fluffed with ambition. She felt the energy of each individual going to and fro across the dock and companioned port. With each new ship and boat entry, the docks swelled with immense pride with each sea-fairing individual that freckled its busy streets. As quickly as these people come, they leave behind a trail of broken hearts and empty pockets - depending on the type of salty folk visiting these quiet docks.

Whatever chaos these new arrivals bring, she is excited to hear about it later on. For now, the apothecary needs to drop off some supplies at one sleepy tavern, and then she can be on her way to different horizons. Alliria has so much to offer, and she's only witnessed a thimble of it; days ago, she decided that it was time to journey on with her father's spirit in her heart. His death hadn't been surprising, as old age gets the best of us, but her heart still ached from the loss. Their little herb garden was so much smaller without him sitting amongst his creations, tending to the herbs that often supplied the docks and wandering folk.

Without him there, Penelope no longer felt kept in place. And he would hate for her to mill away in one spot while the rest of the world moved.

Wiping away an errant tear from her bright blue eyes, she enters what should have been a closed tavern. Thrown off from the people gathering about, she looked over her shoulder to see how high or low the sun was in terms of time. Noting she wasn't late and on time, she shrugged at the change of pace and politely made her way to the counter, her heeled knee-high boots clicking across the wooden floor.

"Hello! I'm here to drop off the usual herbs," she announced with a smile that touched her entire face.

The apothecary looked the part of a well-off gal. Her white blouse was gathered at her elbows and wrists, causing the soft fabric to billow with her movements; high-waisted trousers accentuated her figure in the most proper of ways, while the belts she wore decorated her hips and waist. Her blonde hair rippled in soft curls over her slender shoulders, allowing the orange-red leaves to roam freely and decorate her hair. The half-dryad was every part of her parents in the best of ways.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Percy looked at the rag, and began to wipe down the tables happily, skip-walking around to each table and scrubbing them down happily. He didn't need to pay, so that was always a welcome surprise.

"Hello!" He chimed at the dryad who entered, smiling brightly.

"The person you're probably searching for is in the back, fair lady. "

• Yay
Vulpesen | Alima Aiken | Percy Slayer | Penelope Callum Sitas | All

Accepting the lady's hand, Amades pressed his other over it in thanks before they parted. Arie flashed her a bright grin, and slipped that silver coin she was holding somewhere for later, the bar staff would find it cleaning up if they looked. "My thanks my lady," Amades smiled warmly.

Short but no less imposing presences passed by the table. A Fairbarin Halfling with a tinkerer's kit around his waist, behind him an armored dwarf from the axehand clan, unsurprisingly carrying an oversized axe. The halfling popped up on a stool, standing on it so he could adequately reach the table, while the dwarf tried to sit but his stool creaked under his bulk, so he grunted as dwarves were proficient at, and elected to stand resting on his large axe.

Andwise Tunnelly was a somewhat known halfling tinkerer, general merchant, and middleman in the city for legal goods of course, his companion Lokhuil the dwarf was known around the port but not much further than that. The tavern was certainly filling up, and before Amades could say anything about why they had come. Andwise made no attempt to hide what he was about to say, standing high on the stool, which for a halfling put him about waist height at the table, and turning to call to everyone.

"As you may know, my store had a break-in yesterday evening. An old scoll is missing, my family's hand-carved selection of Oban Griffins's are missing, three old Astwellian paintings, a box of trinkets, two jugs of gree wine.... along with my cc...cat." His face dipped sadly at the proclamation of missing his feline companion, but his voice was louder than it had any right to be, determined and stronger in a burst of emotion. "Whoever returns my cat Patches to me, will be well rewarded, and maybe the griffins, please keep the rest."

The halfling rubbed a tear away and hopped down, his chin resting on the table with a sigh.

"He's very emotional." The gruff dwarf next to them pointed out, before returning to impersonating a statue. Arie blinked, Amades leaned back in his chair, never simple, it was never simple. They needed the scroll, else they'd find no compass, at least the tavern didn't have fifty drunk sailors looking for the loot, small mercies.

OOC NPCs:
NPCs free to use. You can assume you know them, came here for them if you want to.

A part of him felt a bit guilty to be a part of the growing throng that had formed at its doors. Still it seemed that the majority of the new patrons had made up their mind to give aid to the tavern keeper. Before he could even step through the doors, Vulpesen watched as the long eared child was flitting around to clean up the unused tables.

Slipping into the tavern himself, Vulpesen walked to the bar a black tail swaying happily behind him. It seemed his search wouldn't need to continue. Figuring his ale could wait, he allowed the blonde woman to handle her business. Instead, he busied himself by listening to the two smallfolk who lamented over the halfling's losses. "Thieves leave anything behind?" he asked after ordering himself the aforementioned ale that he so desired.

In truth, such an investigation would be a bit below his job description. Still, a little extra coin wouldn't be unwelcome. Furthermore, the chance to help someone out and perhaps give himself some reputation and contacts in the town might come in handy in the future. "And where might I find this shop of yours? I'm a bit new in town, but I'm happy to lend a hand."

Amades Percy Slayer Alima Aiken Penelope Callum Sitas

proxy.php
Just one more stop, she thought with a blink of happiness. The morning had been a hectic encounter that left her fluffed with ambition. She felt the energy of each individual going to and fro across the dock and companioned port. With each new ship and boat entry, the docks swelled with immense pride with each sea-fairing individual that freckled its busy streets. As quickly as these people come, they leave behind a trail of broken hearts and empty pockets - depending on the type of salty folk visiting these quiet docks.

Whatever chaos these new arrivals bring, she is excited to hear about it later on. For now, the apothecary needs to drop off some supplies at one sleepy tavern, and then she can be on her way to different horizons. Alliria has so much to offer, and shes only witnessed a thimble of it; days ago, she decided that it was time to journey on with her fathers spirit in her heart. His death hadnt been surprising, as old age gets the best of us, but her heart still ached from the loss. Their little herb garden was so much smaller without him sitting amongst his creations, tending to the herbs that often supplied the docks and wandering folk.

Without him there, Penelope no longer felt kept in place. And he would hate for her to mill away in one spot while the rest of the world moved.

Wiping away an errant tear from her bright blue eyes, she enters what should have been a closed tavern. Thrown off from the people gathering about, she looked over her shoulder to see how high or low the sun was in terms of time. Noting she wasnt late and on time, she shrugged at the change of pace and politely made her way to the counter, her heeled knee-high boots clicking across the wooden floor.

Hello! Im here to drop off the usual herbs, she announced with a smile that touched her entire face.

The apothecary looked the part of a well-off gal. Her white blouse was gathered at her elbows and wrists, causing the soft fabric to billow with her movements; high-waisted trousers accentuated her figure in the most proper of ways, while the belts she wore decorated her hips and waist. Her blonde hair rippled in soft curls over her slender shoulders, allowing the orange-red leaves to roam freely and decorate her hair. The half-dryad was every part of her parents in the best of ways.

Naomi smiled upon hearing her friend. She stopped doing the dishes to go and greet her friend. She accidentally cut herself but she didn't notice. "Penelope! Thank you so much! I was nearly out!" She admitted with a soft smile. She took the herbs in hand feeling a liquid substance trickle down her arm. "Oh, Is something leaking?" She asked, a bit confused. Only then did she notice she had a cut on her forearm. "Ah! Oh, sugar!" She exclaimed as she set the herbs on the counter. "Rabbit! Get me the bandages from the far wall, quickly!" She put her hand over the wound.

proxy.php
"Look at you, just making a mess!"

Penelope and Naomi had developed a friendship over the last few years, and it has been a welcomed one for the half-dryad. It is difficult making friends when people come and go when they find you can only find so much adventure here. Naomi was a wonderful break from the usual, and the two ladies have nurtured their friendship between conversations and transactions.

While the rabbit went to get the bandages, Penelope withdrew a handkerchief from one of the many pouches hanging from her waist and pressed it against Naomi's wound. She took a brief look at the wound to see the damage done, but thankfully the cut wasn't deep enough to warrant any magical stitching. This type of wound required a delicate touch and some rest, two things she would suggest to her friend who worked just a little too hard.

"We'll make sure to wash that cut before bandaging it up. The last thing you need is an infection."

While tending to her friend, she could hear Andwise's tale of woe and Lokhuil's proclamation on the matter. "Aw, Andwise, I'm sorry to hear about Patches." A slight frown shaped her lips; Patches was a sweet cat; why anyone would want him is a mystery to her, and a silly one at that. Why displace someone's beloved pet?

When one patron asked if anything was left behind, she was apt to listen to the response. If there was anything that could help Andwise, she would like to know and offer some help as well. This was an opportunity to get comfortable with the idea of departing from this place. She could leave her home behind by doing one good deed, knowing she'd be welcome back - if she ever came back.

Penelope Sitas

The Halfling's head propped up on the table by his chin, and his small sad face tried to smile. "Thank you Penelope" He was overly emotional, he really loved that cat, the halfling having less joy in him than usual for certain. "I am sorry to unload my problems like this but I am out of ideas." Taking a sip out of an oversized mug next to him he gazed at the frothing top.

Vulpesen

Andwise went into merchant mode thinking about his inventory, it actually cheered him up. "They left behind most of my inventions, complicated devices, some worth quite a chunk of coin. The heavier items they didn't take. All my trading ledgers were left alone, that information is valuable to me. I was storing some very valuable tobacco and pipeweed, along with a collection of fine fabrics that are all safe. Any art they took and some kids storybooks, it seemed strange choices, especially the wine, it wasn't very expensive."

Directions to his store, he better give them details to be safe! "Thank you. It would mean a lot. The store is called Wiser Choice, east past Port street, and on Trader's Way, just before the low-reach bridge over the strait. The thatched building six doors down, after Tungle's Spices and before Wanderbrook's theater hall." He suddenly thought out loud to himself, "Should I do be doing something more? Shall I come?" The thought didn't sit well with him, he should be out there looking for his cat, but he was no investigator or hero. It was quelled by Lokhuil's firm clasp on Andwise's shoulder. "All will be well."

Lokhuil affirmed a mmm and nodded to Vulpesen thoughtfully, "Aye, and the Customs Authority will do our part too, you can be sure of that friend." A robbery in the inner city was not unheard of that close to the outer city, but rarer and this store was too tied to the port's regular traffic for Lokhuil's tastes.

Alima Aiken | Penelope Sitas

Amades stood up from his chair and shook the halfling's hand, "No harm will come to your pet, or your family heirlooms, we only require a certain promised item in return" The half-elf with him agreed, "Quick as a flash, you'll have one fuzzy cat in your hat," Arie clicked her tongue, then started biting on another coin she'd found from somewhere to make sure it was genuine.

Turning to Naomi, Amades walked on over directly, looking at her wound, seeing Penelope had done what he intended. He nodded to her, pulling a clean bandage from a pack on his hip, "if you need this or me to apply it," she should certainly wash the cut first but after that, he'd give the dressing to any of them, or gently offer to bandage her arm if she accepted his outstretched hand.

@All

Lokhuil was getting ready for the trip, preparing what he needed, a selection of scrolls, some kind of magnifying glass, a pair of small tweezers, paper, a brush, and a soft pouch for evidence. He pulled a helmet down over his face, standing there like a 4ft 9 stocky iron boulder, standing ready to move when the others were but in no rush. All were welcome to help solve the mystery.

Last edited:
proxy.php
Look at you, just making a mess!

Penelope and Naomi had developed a friendship over the last few years, and it has been a welcomed one for the half-dryad. It is difficult making friends when people come and go when they find you can only find so much adventure here. Naomi was a wonderful break from the usual, and the two ladies have nurtured their friendship between conversations and transactions.

While the rabbit went to get the bandages, Penelope withdrew a handkerchief from one of the many pouches hanging from her waist and pressed it against Naomis wound. She took a brief look at the wound to see the damage done, but thankfully the cut wasnt deep enough to warrant any magical stitching. This type of wound required a delicate touch and some rest, two things she would suggest to her friend who worked just a little too hard.

Well make sure to wash that cut before bandaging it up. The last thing you need is an infection.

She winced when the handkerchief hit her wound. She was thankful for her friend. She smiled. "I always make some kind of mess!" She laughed. Naomi listened to the conversation that was occurring around her. She felt bad for those who were in their emotions. She was never the best at comforting others.

"Ah, yes! I will clean it before wrapping. I definitely cannot afford that." She admitted. She wasn't rich but wasn't poor either. The tavern itself was a full time job, let alone her second job in which she kept discreet and hidden from others. If anyone found out, she would surely be taken by the guards.

Percy bristled at being addressed by his species. He quickly hop-walked to get some bandages by the wall, but by the time he had gotten there, everyone else had already come to her aid. He frowned, scolding himself for miraculously being so slow.

"Sorry, dear lady," He said, and puffed up his cheeks in a pout, and adorable expression on the young bun's face that he most often used to get what he wanted.

"I apologize, I wasn't as fast as I should have been." Percy sounded tired and worn out, like a lantern on its last bit of oil.

proxy.php
"It helps to talk about your problems," she said to Andwise, who is now drowning his sorrows in the froth of his drink. Thankfully, another patron's questions perked the Halfling back to life. While Andwise went through his inventory, she returned her attention to Naomi and then the approaching gentleman who offered up some assistance.

"I can get that taken care of in a snap," was the half-dryads response. Gently urging her friend to relax some, she removed the handkerchief and ran two fingers across the open wound. Naomi would feel the warmth of Penelope's magic as it flowed from the tips of her fingers to the depths of her wound. "Oh, but you are just in time!" Penelope acknowledged the rabbit with a soft smile.

Once the light from her fingers disappeared, she reached for the bandages the rabbit had first gotten and used them to wrap Naomi's arm. "This way you can keep your bandages for a later time; you may need them," she said to Amades, alluding to him and his companion helping Andwise. "Adventurers always find themselves in odd places. You never know when you'll need a bandage yourself." Happy with Naomi's bandages, she gave her friend's hand a gentle pat of reassurance that she'll heal up just fine.

"I wouldn't mind helping your cause, Andwise. The least I can do is help find your kitty."

Penelope did not come off as the adventuring type, especially because she really isn't, but this is a perfect opportunity to get her toes wet. She wants to leave a reputable image behind if she plans to return to this little spot known as home. At the very least, she can help with this strange little mystery that's befallen her friend. And it looks like she wasn't the only one offering a helping hand; the group looked more seasoned than herself when it came to taking on frightful tasks.

proxy.php
It helps to talk about your problems, she said to Andwise, who is now drowning his sorrows in the froth of his drink. Thankfully, another patrons questions perked the Halfling back to life. While Andwise went through his inventory, she returned her attention to Naomi and then the approaching gentleman who offered up some assistance.

I can get that taken care of in a snap, was the half-dryads response. Gently urging her friend to relax some, she removed the handkerchief and ran two fingers across the open wound. Naomi would feel the warmth of Penelopes magic as it flowed from the tips of her fingers to the depths of her wound. Oh, but you are just in time! Penelope acknowledged the rabbit with a soft smile.

Once the light from her fingers disappeared, she reached for the bandages the rabbit had first gotten and used them to wrap Naomis arm. This way you can keep your bandages for a later time; you may need them, she said to Amades, alluding to him and his companion helping Andwise. Adventurers always find themselves in odd places. You never know when youll need a bandage yourself. Happy with Naomis bandages, she gave her friends hand a gentle pat of reassurance that shell heal up just fine.

I wouldnt mind helping your cause, Andwise. The least I can do is help find your kitty.

Penelope did not come off as the adventuring type, especially because she really isnt, but this is a perfect opportunity to get her toes wet. She wants to leave a reputable image behind if she plans to return to this little spot known as home. At the very least, she can help with this strange little mystery thats befallen her friend. And it looks like she wasnt the only one offering a helping hand; the group looked more seasoned than herself when it came to taking on frightful tasks.

She winced a bit when the magic flowed through Penelope's fingertips. Once healed, she gave her friend a warm smile. "Thank you, Penelope. I owe you one." Naomi said lightly as she watched her hand back Amades bandages. Naomi's heart fluttered slightly as her face filled with a light warmth. She shook her head and picked up the crate once again. "Ah, well, I better put these in the back. Excuse me...-" Naomi excused herself. She carried the crate to the back of the tavern, setting it down and wiping her sweat away. She jumped slightly as she turned to see Amades standing behind her. "Holy sugar-!" Naomi exclaimed in a sudden fright. "Oh, forgive me. You startled me." She said laughing nervously.

Last edited:
A part of Vulpesen hated himself as he stared into the beautiful golden ale that sat before him. He had looked forward to a nice calm drink, leisurely draining the glass little by little, like an evaporating pool. Instead, he lifted it up to his lips draining it more like a lake which had lost its dam. "Well, no time like the present I suppose."

The mug hit the counter and Vulpesen dropped a few generous coins beside it. Some to pay for the treat, and more to pay for his inconvenience. "Your presence would be appreciated. We can talk about the cat while we walk. I've a certain knack for animals that might help us in that department." Already, he could see a small posse forming to find the burgalled possessions. While he was never one to turn down help, the warlock had to admit that he was a bit wary of so many hands. He had been trained in investigations and the finding of special items. He had no idea if the same were true of his soon to be compatriots.

Amades

• Yay
Reactions: Penelope Sitas