Open Chronicles A City of Wonder and Starlight

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Ánië Táralóm

High Councilor of The Order
Character Biography
Link

proxy.php

The night was cool, but it was calm and quiet. It felt right. She was alone now, her former companion having brought her as far as the city's borders before departing. Or at least, that's how it seemed. His ways were so... interesting. But what was certain was now she approached the gates of Fal'Addas, unarmed and with no one by her side.

Contrary to what she had for whatever reason believed, there were no actual gates. Instead, it was open, with two great figures standing either side. She stopped and looked up to admire them in the light of the moons for a time, noting their features. They did nothing to jar any further memories from her, but she believed anything familiar to her would help the next onset of recollection. She only hoped she would be in good or no company when it occurred - Raphael's reactions to her experiences were enough to alert her to the outward effects they had on her. It was a fairly obvious event she concluded. But this would not deter her from seeking out her past. She wanted to know who she was.

She needed to know.

A name was only so much. How old was she? What did she do? Who did she know?

Before long her attention drifted away from the statues looming overhead, and she moved to enter the city. But as she drew nearer to the entryway, she felt an anxiety grow within her, and her pace slowed. There was something here that was not natural, something twined together between the two figures. She stopped a few meters away from the precipice, and looked carefully. And though she could not see - though she thought if she tried hard enough she could - she was able to feel clearly some sort of barrier - though she did not think it would harm her. This proved true when she almost thoughtlessly stepped forward and through the supposed barrier.

There was no effect, but she could now clearly feel it behind her. It was curious, and hopefully she could ask someone about it.

But in the meantime, she was instead captivated by the sights she was witness to within the city's gates. If there were ever a beautiful place she'd laid her eyes on, she knew this was one of the most. It was absolutely stunning. And for a time, she was caught up in exploring the wonders of the city, wandering through the streets.

Igni was thoroughly, utterly lost in the most beautiful city she had ever seen. Which wouldn't have been so bad, except that it was her third day of running around in circles. She had asked several locals of the location of Trali the mage's wizard tower and all had been eager to help, suggesting this or that place always far on the other side of the city. But all the directions she had received had proved fruitless. The closer she came to the suggested locations, the less anyone seemed to know.

"Damn elves," she said aloud, causing a few heads to turn. Not that they weren't turned already. Igni was an unusual sight even in a human city, but here she stood out like a... well. A fat girl in a city of elves. Igni's girth was extreme, so big she walked with a pronounced waddle, while perhaps it was a miracle that she could still walk at all. She was well dressed and groomed, however, and her figure still maintained a series of extreme feminine curves. When she was feeling more composed she could look like a fertility goddess. Right now, she just looked tired and uncomfortable.

Which was exactly how she felt.

So she stopped and sighed, meeting the gaze of several elves about her. None offered to help. Perhaps there was some look on her face that signalled danger, for she certainly felt like she could tear down a few buildings in frustration. But then she spied an elf with white-as-snow hair, a look of wonder on her face not so dissimilar from the look Igni had when she first arrived.

Perhaps it was a desire to feel such emotion again - instead of irritation and wrath - that made her approach this lady with a forced smile.

"Excuse me," she said, waddling forward with as much speed as she could muster, "But I'm here in Fal'Addas to meet a mage, named Trali, who owns a store named Sorcerer's Sundries under her tower. Do you know of such a woman, or such a place?"

• Cheer
Reactions: Ánië Táralóm
Everything her eyes fell upon was quite obviously and distinctly set exactly where it was intended to be. Nothing seemed out of place, save for her. She could feel the solidarity of this place and its people, how nearly everything was both metaphorically and literally quite rooted in a deep and rich history. She, in contrast, felt as light as a feather floating listless on the breeze. There was no solid footing she stood on, but she carried onward as the wind carried her.

For a time she wandered, allowing her eyes to search aimlessly through the draping vines and twinkling lights, casting the occasional glance to a passer-by with a smile. But after a while, the rushed ambling of her racing mind was disrupted as someone's voice cut through her thoughts, speaking to her.

"Excuse me..."

Ánië stopped in her place, and turned to see who addressed her. Pale blue eyes cast a kind look over the rather rotund woman who approached her, and as ever Ánië offered a smile. One of her hands reached up and out from beneath the swooping cuffs of her blouse and rested against her chest as she bowed her head in a wordless greeting as Igni spoke to her.

"I'm afraid that I am unfamiliar with this place, but I too am in search of similar aid. Perhaps we could search for this Trali together?"

"That... would be most welcome," Igni said, looking this elf anew. Tall and beautiful, she looked like most elves, though had a hard edge to her most other elves lacked. She was also the first to offer her company. "That's very kind," she said. "I am Igni. I'm sorry to approach you out of the blue. I am just weary of searching fruitlessly. Erm..." she looked around. "Where do you recommend we start?"