Open Chronicles A Bloody Coup

A roleplay open for anyone to join
S

Selene Avar

Cortosi Islands - Port of Nerru

Selene looked out the window of the Anirian Embassy on Port Nerru, her eyes flickering towards the smoke rising from the palace at the edge of the city. Her lips thinned, gaze flickering towards the distant harbor.

Port Nerru was one of the most distant cities within the Cortosi Islands. Located closer to Cerak At'Thul than it was to Vel Anir, Nerru had been established a thousand years ago by one of the Warlords of Cortos. The city was a fortress of sorts, built to withstand assault from Pirates and other warlords. It had remained in the possession of a single family for some time, and had managed to remain independent for as long as anyone could remember.

Vel Anir retained decent enough relations with the city, utilizing it as a resupply point for many years. Of course, that was until this morning when the Duke had been unceremoniously hung by his own subjects.

Initial reports had not been quite clear about what had started all of this, though Selene was almost entirely certain that this was far more than a simple peasant revolt. Nerru's military had been well trained and well ordered, and instead of protecting their sovereign, the soldiers had simply turned him over without so much as a protest. "Any word from our spies?"

"No, my lady. It seems that most of them were executed in the sweep."​

Selene thinned her lips, turning away from the window and studying the servant.

"Who is in the Embassy?" She asked.

"The soldiers you brought, a few representatives from the Great Houses, Dreadlords some I think, and of course the Ambassador and his forces."​

For a few moments the first level Dreadlord mused, and then nodded. Without regarding the window once more she turned and began to walk towards the room. "Have everyone gather in the main hall. This situation must be addressed."

The veiled dreadlord seemed to appear from nowhere, and plant his feet firmly behind Selene Avar as they walked into the hall as a unit. His showing up gave a scare to a nearby soldier in the ranks, as he was silent as a wisp entering the building altogether. He moved himself passed the small time warriors to Selene's side in order to address her himself.

"Selene Avar, I presume. I am Vittorio. Sworn to House Sirl. I was sent as a front runner for dealing with the insurgents. I am to act as your weapon however you see fit." He offered her a short bow while they continued walking.

Jobs like these were always frustrating for him but Himmary swore it was 'good for his character'. Her moral dribble did grow tiresome from time to time but he knew she meant the best for the young eccentric. He awaited Selene's response as well as looking around for any others he may know to be sent on this mission.

Last edited:
Sullivan crashed into the main hall as if god himself was gracing mortals with his presence. Without making eye contact or uttering a single word he made way for the largest, most central, chair in the room. Heaving his large body into the chair he let a slight grunt escape as he sunk into the wood.

"My, my, Selene! You're looking just radiant as ever," the younger brother of Sebastian Weiroon declared as he pretended to just now notice her. "As you are no doubt aware Port Nerru is quite important! Commerce and trade are the backbones of our great civilization you know my dear. Mighty wise of House Virak to send you to deal with this crisis, your little flames are going to be needed to restore order."

Sullivan's mustache perched as he formed a concerned smile and noticed Vittorio skulking in Selene's shadow. He addressed the dreadlord from Sirl all the same as well, "good day, I don't believe I know who you are. Interesting little doodad on your face I must say."

Corinth, the level one dreadlord from Weiroon took his place beside Sullivan. The businessman had been informed that, to some, he could come across as a bit grating. They didn't always appreciate his wit or banter. It was understandable, not everyone was quite so civilized as he, and so it made sense to allow a powerful dreadlord to accompany him to ensure his safety when in the midst of such a dangerous situation.

"Ah, yes, Corinth! Why, say hello to your fellow dreadlords won't you?" the overweight financier insisted.

Weiroon's level one weapon of death merely nodded his head in the direction of Selene and Vittorio.

"My boy, you're far too shy. He's much too shy, wouldn't you say dear Selene? Just won't do, I keep tellin' him that he's got to put his foot down. Get out there and chitchat with his fellow warriors of Vel Anir. You all truly are our finest, wouldn't you say Selene?"

Sullivan reached into his coat jacket and retrieved a parchment. Not waiting for any sort of response from the redheaded dreadlord. After pretending to read something important he looked back up at Selene directly and his tone shifted to be a bit more serious. "Now, what was I originally getting at before all of the pleasantries? Yes, yes, Port Nerru. We need it reopened. Annex it if you have to. Its closure isn't acceptable for more than a day or two, understood?"

House Weiroon had no authority in this matter but every hour the port remained shut they were losing money. And that was simply unacceptable.

Last edited:
She motioned for Vittorio to stand behind her, quickly flickering her fingers in the signals Dreadlords used during combat.

"Of course, My Lord." Selene said with a soft bow of her head.

Her face remained utterly impassive as she spoke to Sullivan Weiroon, a mask of pure marble that did not even seem to twitch at the disrespect he showed.

Of course internally she was already considering just how best she would kill the man. A dozen considerations from simple immolations to something more complex ran through her mind. She even considered what the punishment would be for killing him.

Yet on the outside she remained completely neutral.

Selene had played the Game of Houses for too long to give herself away. Her allegiance to House Virak was well known, but she was still a Dreadlord, and thus a servant to Vel Anir itself. She would not break that illusion. "If you and the Ambassador allow it, I will take command of our forces here in Port Nerru and quell this rebellion."

She glanced towards the other man dressed almost as fancily as Sullivan himself, then towards the other First Level Dreadlord.

With the help of the Apprentice, Corinth, and then the Handful of Guardsmen it would be enough.

At least if they were careful.

There was at least one thing Selene and he could relate to;
Wanting this Sullivan fellow six feet under.

A man clearly twisted by greed and the rewards it brought to his feet. A man who would use the poor as his foot stool as he ate a feast. Vittorio didn't despise all those who were rich in this land, but a great deal of them. This man was no exception.

The veiled Dreadlord took his requested spot behind Selene and kept his mouth shut. His mask luckily was able to keep his facial expressions from showing his disdain. A main reason why he wore it for most Dreadlord outings.

Even Corinth, the Dreadlord he'd never met prior, seemed uninterested in this man's quips. Staying stoic for the sake of civility. How he knew that feeling all too well.

He took time to peer around the room at the guardsmen to assess their fighting strength. If this was just a peasant insurrection than it should be no issue to deal with them. They may not even need half of what they were armed with.

Most situations did not turn out how they seemed at face value, however.

A toothy grin formed on Sullivan's face. Dreadlords could always be relied upon for their loyalty. At least that was true in public with prying eyes aplenty. The nobleman of Weiroon would bide his time here. Best to push gently and not attempt to enforce authority unless it was necessary.

"Lead our forces? Why of course my little firestarter. I cannot imagine anyone else here with the military know-how to conduct such a sensitive and important operation." Sullivan turned his head towards the ambassador before dismissively returning his gaze back towards Selene. "See there, the ambassador is in full agreement as well! A good friend he and Port Nerru have been to Vel Anir. Corinth here will serve you adequately as well, won't you Corinth?"

A raspy grunt came from his mouth at first but then the level one of Weiroon stated a simple, "aye."

Sullivan clasped both of his hands together and rubbed them vigorously in excited anticipation. He sprang to his feet and gave an obligatory bow in the direction of the ambassador. "Pleasure seeing you, as always."

With a tip of his hat and a quizzical look back at Vittorio the heavyset gentleman waddled over closer to Selene and her cohort. Corinth always staying an exact half pace behind him. Sullivan really didn't give his servant enough credit, that boy was awfully well trained.

"Now, naturally, an assignment this essential to the future of Vel Anir will require someone to come along and ensure it's being performed adequately," the second-in-command of Weiroon had experience acting and he quickly contorted his face into an apologetic one. "That is to say, I am not insinuating you won't perform beautifully my dear. There's no doubt that your reputation precedes you. It is only to say that I would be remiss in my own duties not to tag along and ensure this operation goes smoothly. You will not object, I am certain, will you?"

The self-righteous man allowed his toothy grin to reform upon his broad face as he awaited her reply.

With one hand he took, and another he added a weight greater than any scale could support; himself.

Selene did not allow her mask to change one bit, but she could feel displeasure rushing through her veins. What remained of them anyway. Her skin radiated with heat slightly, the new form beneath the falsehood of her flesh shifting slightly as her emotions turned a tide.

"It will undoubtedly be dangerous, My Lord." She could not stop Sullivan Weiroon if he wanted to tag along.

Unfortunately at the end of the day she was only a First Level Dreadlord.

An Archon might have been able to change the situation, might have been able to order the man to stay put, but Selene had no such authority.

"I cannot guarantee your safety." Nor would she if she could. "But it is your decision."

Briefly he gazed flickered to Corinth.

Would this be an opportunity to rid Arethil of this mess of a Human being? A stray arrow? A slight shifting of the wind? House Virak would no doubt be pleased, and it might serve her own goals as well. Briefly she thought of the apprentice behind her.

Perhaps he could be of use.

Vittorio stepped beside Selene and took a deep bow towards Sullivan before opening his mouth. He wanted to display the loyalty so many were used to in order to justify the words to follow. There was but one question he had on his mind regarding the insurrection taking place.

"If I may be so bold, My Lord, I would like to inquire on when and why this rebellious spirit sparked in the people. It is common for people like this to hold grievances towards those in higher position, but very few act upon their frustations. Is it possible that someone is weaponizing those ideals? Another who may be manipulating the masses behind sly words and empty promises." He stood up straight.

"I ask only for the assurance that this can be dealt with adequately, as you've stated yourself. For if there is only one hydra head to remove than the task becomes much easier."
He stepped back behind Selene as he was surely to have stepped out of line in way or another, being an apprentice. Vittorio truly only wanted to know so that he may be done with this as quickly as it came.

”Dangerous? Surely you are not afraid Selene! It was my understanding that dreadlords had no fear.” Had he struck a nerve yet? He was sure he had but perhaps it was best to push that a little further.

With thunderous steps he meandered closer to the redhead, stopping just at the perimeter of her personal space. He then opened his mouth and spat, ”My safety? Gracious my dear, but I have no doubt that you and your fellow dreadlords would gladly die to protect a noble Anirian if it came to that. Moreover, my understanding is that this rebellion was caused by riff raff and rabble rousers.” He stroke the pointy end of goatee as he leaned even closer to Selene. ”I am not so educated in the ways of killing as someone with your unique talents my girl but I would think a loosely organized civilian militia would be child’s play. Or have I mis-judged the situation? Perhaps I should summon reinforcements to aid you?”

When the Sirl lad stepped forward to give his two cents the nobleman held his tongue for a bit. Allowing the boy to say his peace. He took a step away from Selene towards her left so that he had a clear line of sight at Vittorio. His eyes had a shimmer in them and his cheeks wobbled.

”Well I’ll be, they’re teaching the dreadlords diplomacy these days? Corinth! They have a diplomacy class at the academy now?” his question was accompanied by a twirl of his head towards his stalwart defender.

Corinth remained stone faced but replied with a curt, “no sir, they do not.”

Sullivan turned his gaze back towards the younger dreadlord, ”now that’s a crying shame. Governance and it’s understanding are important. There’s more to the world than the forty-six ways you lot learned how to kill a man! Now, my boy, I’ll tell you precisely what happened. Port Nerru is an example of a society that doesn’t have a firm hand guiding it. Commoners need a strong arm to guide them. Without it they get complacent until, well, this happens.”

A bright smile returned to Sullivan’s face as he reapproached Selene. ”I’ll be coming along, I’m sure I can impart more wisdom along the way. Perhaps I can assist in appoint an interim governor once we liberate the city as well.”

Vittorio's question was one of course that she'd had herself.

Selene very much doubted that Sullivan was correct. Port Nerru was no different than a dozen other cities under the control of a Royal Force, and the fact that no one had crushed this rebellion when it started signaled something...more.

Her lips thinned as the bloviated blob of a Noble decided that he would attend to their every move, but she simply nodded her head in understanding and turned towards the Ambassador. "Please tell your troops to prepare. I will need half to come with me and the other half to join with my own men."

She motioned to Vittorio.

"Gather the men I brought with me along with those of the Ambassadors. Send them to secure the Harbor and ensure they cause as much noise as possible." She wanted all eyes drawn there. "The rest of us will head towards the Governor's Palace."

Slowly as she turned away her voice dropped low enough for only Vittorio to hear. "Your assumption is correct, there is something more here."

It was the only thing she offered the young Apprentice as she turned and prepared to depart.

Again, he was more than happy his mask was on his face. He could stomach it when Lord Sirl called him boy. Not when this amalgamation of cholesterol and moral deviation called him it. His answer was also hollow. Society would always be fragile but to be so broken it would impose an insurgency? No, that meant there was either fundamentally wrong with the governing state itself or that there was someone who hated it enough to organize a rebellion.

The latter was more typical. He nodded to his response and turned to Selene when she motioned to him.

"Consider it done, captain." He lowered himself to a bow towards Selene. As he did so, she whispered the assurance that his theories were not unfounded.

His gaze turned back to Sullivan and his Dreadlord companion when she took her leave.

"I'm to take your soldiers for a mission under my captain's direct orders. Corinth, is it?" He said, turning his whole body towards him.

"I want you to come with me." Perhaps not the brightest idea considering their difference in rank, and yet that had never truly been a factor in his decision making.

Sullivan’s wide eyes glistened at the suggestion that Corinth accompany the lad. What a splendid idea!

”Right! Very astute of you, my boy. Yes, of course, you need to cause as much noise as possible and I’m certain that Corinth will deliver an absolute ruckus to those saltdogs down by the harbor!” the girthy guy from Weiroon turned his attention to the level one dreadlord in his employ.

He placed a sweaty palm on the warrior’s shoulder and ordered, ”Corinth, go help our pals with Miss Avar’s task. Do as this boy says… within reason. Don’t dilly-dally though, I want you by my side once I deliver the victory speech!” Sullivan gave a hearty laugh as his soldier got in line with Vittorio.

The overweight nobleman held a beaming smile upon his face. He was positive that Selene detested him. But he was equally certain that she still had things to gain. Ranks to achieve. The lofty title of “archon” to call herself. And the death of a noble from one of Vel Anir’s most prestigious great houses would reflect poorly on the level one from Virak.

Plus, victory speeches were best issued from the deposed governor’s palace.

”Well my dear, I am ready when you are. Shall we be off to the governor’s?”

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Selene Avar
Selene couldn't help but feel utter distaste for the man as he spoke to her.

It wasn't just that he was a noble, it was because he had a sense of weight to him. That of course wasn't entirely due to his obese nature, but because in her eyes the man had absolutely nothing of value to actually offer.

In any situation.

Had he some sort of skill then she might have actually had an ounce of respect, but from what Selene could tell the only thing the man was good for was ensuring the last crumb on a plate disappeared. She detested the useless, even if they were nobles.

"Of course." Selene said with her mask still in place, turning on her heel and motioning for the soldiers to stay close.

The back gate of the Embassy swung open, and Selene and the others moved out quickly. Already the ringing sounds of rioting crowds could be heard, the distortion of angry yelling and smashing wood echoing though the streets.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Sullivan
Vittorio waved a hand for the soldiers to follow. He led them out the way towards the harbor without delay, making sure that Corinth stay beside him. The soldiers marched without question, which felt strange. He was of very little rank. Not even considered a full Dreadlord yet. He had not before led an army anywhere.

Once they were about halfway to the harbor and could no longer see Sullivan or Selene, Vittorio spoke.

"Corinth." His voice sharp but relaxed somehow at the same time. "I am going to ask you something without trying to impose any disrespect on House Weiroon. Is there anything that is being kept from our ears? Either on behalf of Sullivan's ignorance or by way of actual withdrawal of information?"

He kept his eyes forward as he spoke to the Dreadlord. The man could easily kill him had he felt like it, but he also seemed completely exhausted by his time by Sullivan's side. This would be the best way to assess what exactly they were dealing with.

"C'mon lads, we've got work to do," Sullivan said to the Anirian Guards flanking him on either side. As he was an important dignitary he was nestled between several of the finest and most brave guardsmen in Selene's employ. Likely from families loyal to an upstanding Great House like Weiroon.

It was none too soon either. As the entourage collapsed out into the chaos his ears caught glimpse of the clamor coming from the street rabble. Smashing pots, shouting, throwing stones. Proving that these barbarous commoners were extraordinarily uncouth. They needed an authoritarian to keep them in line and clearly the weak-willed fool they had executed wasn't him.

Sullivan thought it best to shout ahead to Selene that they'd likely want to execute a few of the leaders of this rebellion. Publicly. In a humiliating fashion, perhaps cover them in fish and let the gulls consume them. But this was her operation and he was more than eager to sit back and watch her flounder.

Out near the harbor Vittorio was asking for information from Corinth, the level one of Weiroon. It was an honest query, one being questioned in good faith. Had the apprentice not been so green the more experienced dreadlord likely would've ignored him. But, this masked one seemed to be unfamiliar with house dynamics.

Corinth looked back at the child with deadly serious brown eyes. "None of the houses, especially Weiroon, are ever painting the full picture for us. Best to stay alert. Best to kill anything that moves. As ordered." The level one warrior brushed some of his messy black hair back behind one ear, revealing a deep scar on his cheek. He figured the apprentice deserved a bit of extra advice, "if you haven't declared your house yet, think on it carefully. Pick the path that proves most beneficial to you. No one's going to help you get ahead other than yourself."

Truth be told Corinth himself didn't care much for Weiroon. Simply put, he viewed his pledged house as lacking in any sort of military power and had declared it as his a decade ago because he believed it was the surest path to power and promotion. Becoming a level one dreadlord by the time he was thirty certainly was an accomplishment. Though, Selene Avar had eclipsed him, but his eyes were set on the same thing as the firebrand from Virak. A chance to call oneself an archon.

Whatever awaited them at the harbor one thing was certain. Corinth wished to inflict death upon the entire contingency of opposition.

Selene and the rest of the party moved swiftly, as fast as the feet of a fat man allowed.

She kept a close eye on the buildings above, avoiding those with flat roofs and open windows. Each time they were about to hit a small part of the riot she turned them down another street. Always she avoided conflict, and when she couldn't the Guards always went ahead to swiftly eliminate whatever the blockade was.

This was how they traveled through the city.

There was a swiftness to her commands, every word counted, every action was planned and plotted long before taken. She ordered the Soldiers like a Queen Ant directing her colony. Eventually they reached the inner city, coming out of an alleyway just short of of the main gate.

Packed into the main square just ahead of the gate were dozens of people, some drinking, some pulling apart furniture, others simply seemingly standing around. "Protect Lord Weiroon."

Selene said to the Guards.

"I will take care of this." Her words were quick, curt, and without hesitation she moved by herself towards the square.

Typical.

Another personality lacking Dreadlord sworn to the ideals that were given to them from whatever House they decided on. Usually on a whim. Was he truly the only one unaffected by the conditioning from the academy? How broken was Vittorio? The thought made him sad. Then it went away, because well, he's broken.

It'd be best he just did as the level one said and focused on the task at hand. It was growing louder as they approached the harbor. Insurgents must be there causing an issue. Their job was to cause as much noise as possible but a quiet victory felt much better in Vittorio's eyes.

Once on the docks, they saw a large group of rebels congregated and they seemed to be celebrating. Kind of foolish and brash of them to think they'd one. He cleared his throat;

"Rebels of Port Nerru. You are to be culled if you do not comply. Lay down your arms and surrender before us."

That went over as well as expected. The men drew their weapons and were prepared to fight. A stray crossbow shot. A bolt flew towards Vittorio.

And struck him in the head. His neck snapped backwards as if he was to fall over and his deer skull fell off.

There were gasps of horror from the soldiers as they thought they'd just witnessed their temporary leader die. This was not the case. What they witnessed was Vittorio's own skull exposed with no flesh and his eyes completely wide looking backwards at the soldiers. His eyes still moved and the bolt was in his forehead, but just barely. He'd caught it with his skeleton hardening. He snapped the bolt out of his head.

He leaned forward slowly, not letting his skin roll back to normal until all the rebels had seen him with his skull bare. His hands extended and activated the same, except his arms skeleton formed into two scythes, giving him the appearance of a demon mantis.

"A cull it is." He said coldly.

As the contingency barreled down the streets at breakneck speed the wide-bellied Sullivan found himself panting and heaving in oxygen. He was, physically speaking, undoubtedly at the peak of Anirian society. There were few men capable of pushing him around in both a figurative and literal manner. However, such a physical stature made sprinting, long walks, and standing a tiring affair if done in excess.

When they reached the main square Anirians flooded into it like a dam bursting loose. Selene's command to keep Sullivan safe welled his large heart with pride. Truly the inferno of Virak was a proud daughter of Vel Anir for her to value his safety over her own.

Sullivan Weiroon took advantage of the situation by bending over, placing his hands atop his knees, and panting to catch his breath. "Give me just a moment, I'm not as young as you boys anymore! Alert me if we need to get moving in a hurry," he said to the guardsmen around him whilst the redhead took care of the riff raff.

Down by the harbor Corinth was initially disappointed that the apprentice had attempted a truce. They were ordered to cause a disturbance, likely so Selene could distract attention away, and he was offering them peace? But, after the bolt stuck his face and his ability laid bare Corinth couldn't help but wonder if this was calculated. He was growing found of this little apprentice.

As soon as the shot was fired the level one's skin began to blister and purple. It turned a deep and dark shade of bruising, bristling with large whelps. Then, without warning, his back exploded in a flurry of a dozen or so deep black tentacles with tips of bright glowing lilac. These tendrils shot across the battlefield, grasping at any armed rebels or unarmed civilians within their wake.

Each tendril that held a victim squeezed hard, constricting breathing and movement, until the glowing tips spun around and latched to the victim's forehead. Screams of agony erupted from Corinth's prey as life itself was draining from their bodies, their skin wrinkling and losing color. As more died before them the level one dreadlord's body was swelling up. Doubling in size, then tripling, allowing more surface area on his body for additional tendrils to explode outward. When one tentacle was severed by a blade it grew back at the tips as life force was drained from another victim.

Several crossbow bolts or arrows struck into the man's torso but these were quickly expelled and the wounds mended as additional victims were drained of everything they had.

His voice was thunderous even amongst the screams of the crowd as Corinth addressed Vittorio, "is this enough noise?"

Selene walked towards the crowd, though it took a few minutes for the first of them to see her. One on the edges spotted her, turning on his heel.

"Well lookit here we have a proper la-"​

Before he could finish his sentence the man burst into flames.

A scream of utter terror and agony filled the square as the man who had spoken found himself at the center of a blazing inferno. Bright white flames curled and tore at his flesh, chewing through muscle and sinew in a matter of moments.

The crow turned in full, some caught by the sound of crackling flames, others drawn by the scream of agony. They saw the burning man, and then they saw Selene.

She spoke no words, only continued her careful steps towards the square. Screams of fear erupted from the crowd, some breaking away, others staring simply in confusion. Half a dozen men stepped forward, three of them charging towards Selene.

Before they could even get near her they too burst into flames.

Within the span of two minutes six men lay smoldering on the ground. Hundreds seemed to break away from the square, running and trampling in every direction as they desperately tried to flee.

Vittorio watched in utter awe as the level one displayed his power. This was the difference between him and the true Dreadlords. Corinth was a walking nightmare. A display of brutish power and elegant gore. It was unlike anything he'd ever seen. And yet, Vittorio was still so, SO, sore from that arrow to the head that he lowered himself. A crazed smile beneath his mask.

"Is this enough noise, you ask?" Watching as half the entire rebellion was routed by one man.

"No."

Once said, Vittorio sprinted forward, dragging his skeletal scythes along the dock and ripping chips of wood as he ran. He encroached at high human speed, tossing gathered wood into the eyes of the offenders he was approaching. Then, the dance began again.

An arm from one man, severed and flying through the air as Vittorio shoved the blade of his own arm down his throat.

An archer, impaled with both scythes, cut up from the middle to expose his innards in the shape of a W.

Heads rolling, literally. Countless severed heads hitting the dock with an ominous thud.

A rebel with terrified eyes as his intestines were pulled out of him and wrapped around his neck, all while Vittorio cackled.

A bloody ballet of viscera and an opera of gargled screams. The soldiers they brought need not do anything.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Kol
Without any real warning the level one leading this endeavor incinerated a half dozen of the human garbage responsible for all of this chaos. It brought a broad grin to the meaty face of Sullivan Weiroon. The guardsmen around him stabbed one or two of the fleeing rebels as a combination of fear and panic caused a stampede of commoners to run from the epicenter of the square. The baron and his conclave of defenders advanced just behind Selene, moving a bit slower due to the added burden of one overweight nobleman.

He smiled, adjusted his hat, and called out, "my, my lads! Behold the power of Vel Anir. That little firecracker sure is putting on a show!" His words caused even some of the fleeing peasants to form ugly grimaces.

One of the guardsman put a hand on Sullivan's shoulder and pushed him forwards. They understood, likely much better than he, that this was not the time for bravado and words. This was the time for movement and action lest they get bogged down in the frenzied crowd. Ever professional the Anirian Guard wasn't going to let some noble idiot put their lives in danger.

Corinth continued to ravage the crowd of dockworkers. Growing so bulbous that he no longer drained every victims life, instead tossing some ninety feet into the air like rag dolls or chucking them deep out into the sea as if they were a pebble. A smile crept onto his face though as he noticed the younger apprentice.

He nodded approvingly at the boy, it seemed that their joint efforts were making quick work of these renegades. Selene, likely even Sullivan, would be proud of their handy work here. And, for whatever it was worth, Corinth thought it likely that this diversion was likely working.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Selene Avar and Kol
Selene watched the fleeing crowd for a few seconds, briefly reflecting upon the path that she had chosen.

Her gaze flickered to the smoldering corpses on the floor, head shaking before she returned her attention towards the still open gate towards the Inner-City. Lips thinned, and then she heard Weiroons voice echo into the square.

Disgust covered her features.

Did he not care for anything? Did he not see the plight of these fools? The manipulation that had delved into their mind?

Fingers curled, and not for the first time she considered incinerating the fool and leaving his smoldering corpse as an example. The Temptation nearly overwhelmed her as the Guardsmen lead him forward, disgust falling into her features more than anything else.

A breath filled her lungs.

It wasn't time. Not yet. "We shall continue."

Selene said as she moved forward, Hatred in her heart.